Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    -5, it pulled the MMO genre backward and took a massive dump on Blizzard's reputation to create something original. I still remember when pandaren were first introduced as an April fool's joke, I only remember people going "wtf, is blizzard going wussy now?", I wonder where they remember their "POSITIVE RECEPTION" from.

Pandyr would have been a much, much better implementation: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pical-Pandaran

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Never said it had a lot of content to begin with.

But dailys are just the laziest, most annoying way to solve this and is just ... bah.
    How much of a masochistic and self hating bastard do you have to be to actually enjoy torturing yourself with dailys?

I wonder.
    I could say the same about doing the same raid over and over, or constantly being killed in a BG... I like dailies, because people like different things, shouldn't be that hard a concept to grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Was good apart from siege, I don't know what's up with blizzard lately but the last good raid that focused on a "villain" was icecrown and that was mostly because the expansion didn't create or try to reimagine the character of arthas. Dragon Soul, Deathwing, Siege and Garrosh are all super uninteresting to me and put a damper on otherwise decent expansions.
    Oh but it did. Wotlk turned Arthas into a Scooby Doo villain.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I could say the same about doing the same raid over and over, or constantly being killed in a BG... I like dailies, because people like different things, shouldn't be that hard a concept to grasp.
    It isn't.

And some people like to do bad stuff or like bad stuff as well

For me it was the worst AddOn - but I have to admit that I stopped playing Cata after 2 weeks due to not having a Raidgroup at this point nor any friends playing WoW anymore.

1. The leveling - I really hate that I had only 4 dungeons, I hate KunLai and Tales of the 4 Winds.
    We defeated Illidan, The Lich King, send KilJeaden back to his realm, survived the Cataclysm of Deathwing and now we have to do some gardening for Pandas, defend their Beer against Rabbits, the some stupid monkeys and beerelementals?
    Jade Forest was okay, but as a Horde I totally hate the Hozens.
    Dread waste and Townlong Steppes were fine, imo.

2. The PvP. I hate it since MoP, never felt right for me. Dont know how they could mess it up like this if I compare it to WotLK and BC

3. The Models, the whole Theme. Except for the CM-sets and a few Arena-sets I dont find any good Armormodels in this AddOn. And if there is some with potential, they ruin it with some bad color-combinations.

3. The Endgamecontent: Worse 5man content they ever provided. The Dungeons are bad, Heroic szenarios are bad, the only good thing are the challengemodes, and they are only challenging because you have to rush them. Rather would have them challenging by the use of CC rahter then masspulling, chainstunning and nuking the shit out of them.

The positiv One:
    3. The Endgamecontent. ToT and SoO are awesome imo, the only good thing about this AddOn. Dont know about T14 since I didnt played that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Pandyr would have been a much, much better implementation: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pical-Pandaran
    Soooooo...basically...furry orcs? K lol.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    For me it was the worst AddOn - but I have to admit that I stopped playing Cata after 2 weeks due to not having a Raidgroup at this point nor any friends playing WoW anymore.

1. The leveling - I really hate that I had only 4 dungeons, I hate KunLai and Tales of the 4 Winds.
    We defeated Illidan, The Lich King, send KilJeaden back to his realm, survived the Cataclysm of Deathwing and now we have to do some gardening for Pandas, defend their Beer against Rabbits, the some stupid monkeys and beerelementals?
    Jade Forest was okay, but as a Horde I totally hate the Hozens.
    Dread waste and Townlong Steppes were fine, imo.

2. The PvP. I hate it since MoP, never felt right for me. Dont know how they could mess it up like this if I compare it to WotLK and BC

3. The Models, the whole Theme. Except for the CM-sets and a few Arena-sets I dont find any good Armormodels in this AddOn. And if there is some with potential, they ruin it with some bad color-combinations.

3. The Endgamecontent: Worse 5man content they ever provided. The Dungeons are bad, Heroic szenarios are bad, the only good thing are the challengemodes, and they are only challenging because you have to rush them. Rather would have them challenging by the use of CC rahter then masspulling, chainstunning and nuking the shit out of them.

The positiv One:
    3. The Endgamecontent. ToT and SoO are awesome imo, the only good thing about this AddOn. Dont know about T14 since I didnt played that time.
    ... Expansion, not AddOn >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Soooooo...basically...furry orcs? K lol.
    The bastard child of a Vrykul and a Pandaren... Yawn.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't.

And some people like to do bad stuff or like bad stuff as well
    How pointless really. Again, different people, different opinions, nothing bad or good about that, only subjectivity.

Deleted
    Vanilla - 8.5/10
    TBC - 9/10
    Wrath - 7/10
    Cata - 6/10
    Mists - 8/10

Mists' PvP was fucking tripe though (worst it's ever been). Glad I'm a PvE'r these days.

Lore - 2/10. It'd be 0 if not for Wrathion.
    Art/Zones - 8/10. Valley of four winds is now actually my favorite zone in WoW.
    Music - 6/10. Really really liked some. But completely despise some others. "Way of the monk" track is actually pretty awesome.
    Gameplay - 8/10. Some aspects could be better.
    HC Dungeons - 0/10. I've solo'ed them all back in the t14. Completely fucking lame.
    Scenarios - 7/10.Liked them. I feel that Scenarios should be used more for story telling.
    CM Dungeons - 7/10. I don't really like the timed aspect of it, but it was definitely fun.
    Proving grounds - 6/10. I liked them. Although i really wish there was a savepoint for higher levels.
    HC Raids:
    t14 - 5/10. Toooo many goddamn bugs. Sha of fear was good though.
    t15 - 9/10. Lei Shen heroic is right up there with H-LK as one of the best experiences in WoW.
    t16 - 8/10. Blackfuse, Thok, and Garrosh are pretty good. Blackfuse is especially good and quite unique. Really well done

Overall a solid 8/10.

Deleted
    How pointless really. Again, different people, different opinions, nothing bad or good about that, only subjectivity.
    Actually there is... but let's not go there, judging from your other posts.

The bastard child of a Vrykul and a Pandaren... Yawn.
    A panda who does martial arts whose entire culture is 100% copy paste of China (no longer even has Japanese references from WC3) ... Yawn.

You're everything that's wrong with the WoW community.

Infracted
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-07 at 08:03 AM.

Mists of Pandaria positives: well designed raids, ui/flex/quality of life improvements, beautiful environments, step up in questing structure--and the inclusion of cross realm functionality across zones in a more meaningful way.

Mists of Pandaria negatives:
    Awful gear design, terrible PVP mistakes, daily grinds / persistently poor and inconsistent gear progression, the worst 5 man dungeons to date. Godawful ability and stat bloat. Stupid generic East Asian racist stereotypes and the worst lore and retcon yet.

MoP Positives:
    Tromps Cata due to quality of life improvements, raid structure refinement, zone/quest design quality and better use of phasing and single player instancing. Major profession / secondary profession improvements as well.

Overall: A fun, yet deeply flawed expansion. MoP ignored most problems of Cata as opposed to remedying them. I still, however, found it to be a more enticing end game expansion largely due to raid content, the gear upgrade system, and the (overdue) introduction of flex and profession improvements.

What can be done:

Just fix small group content (Scenarios/Dungeons), make sure the stat squish is meaningful and get rid of all the mandatory, yet boring and skill-less buttons we need to press in both PVP and PVE. Remove end game daily grinds and make something in between Isle of Thunder and Timeless emphasizing more group activity. Fix brick wall arena and BG scenarios, sounds like that's headed in the right direction. Not but not least: please, for the love of god, make gearing characters during raid tier breaks more interesting than grinding rep, farming rare mobs and throwing ourselves at LFR.
    Last edited by Axaron; 2014-03-06 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Christ man, let it drop. Stop derailing, and quit stalking Venziir, already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raids - 8/10. Didn't really care for any of the villains, but the bosses were fun, trash wasn't too heavy, and the raids themselves looked pretty well nice. Impressed overall.

Dungeons - 1/10. Worst expansion bar none, for 5-man Dungeons. Atrocious number of dungeons, even INCLUDING revamps, full of tedious immersion-breaking RP, UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY faceroll, even in leveling greens on day-1, on HEROIC - how is this possible? Why is this possible? Who allowed this to pass QA? Challenge modes were fun but seriously, they missed the boat here completely. Atrocious effort.

Scenarios - 3/10. Touted as a perfect replacement for group quests, they failed, in my opinion. Almost none of them made any sense whatsoever, or were particularly relevant to the story - and the lack of archetype requirement ensured they were balanced around the lowest common denominator, which, in short, made them almost impossible to fail, which, in short, made them about as exciting as skinning a potato with a butter knife. For some reason, they also provided the most VP/Hour of any activity in the entire game. Logic. How does it work?

Game World/Zones - 5/10. The artwork's amazing, yes. It always is. But I've never been more bored with a continent. Forest. Plains. Forest. Mountains and plains. Plains. Dark plains. Golden plains. You've got to be fucking KIDDING me. I mean, I know not everyone loves the patchwork quilts that we had in TBC/WotLK, but at least each zone had CHARACTER, and VARIATION. That seems to be a lost art in MoP, pun entirely intended. A crying shame. It's a fantasy game, not a faithful recreation of goddamned Asia! Show some diversity! Please!

Minipets/Pokemon - 8/10. Not my cup of tea, but I know countless friends in-game who ADORE them - they're a great timesink, they're cute, they seem to be fun to collect/manage, they're not shoved in your face - PERFECT addition. Good job, Blizz.

PvP - 2/10. Bloody atrocious, unsurprisingly. In their endless quest to give every class the exact same abilities with differently skinned buttons (which, incidentally, is coming along quite nicely), they've turned PvP into a shitstorm of infinite instant CC, instant heals, instant stuns, instant silences/roots/disorients etc etc etc, thus making actually playing in PvP roughly as enjoyable as peeling skin off your shins. Way too much burst. Constant, extremely short-term bandaid fixes which fix nothing, ever, yet somehow make playing the actual game even less enjoyable. It never ceases to amaze me, really.

Homogenization - 10/10. Amazing work here, team. Classes have never felt so similar. Remember those weird, annoying days when every class actually felt separate from every other class? Yeah. Glad those are gone, aren't you? It's great. I enjoy playing my Fire Mage, mastering the rotation in about 20 seconds, then hopping onto my Elemental Shaman, and realizing that Fireball is now called Lightning Bolt, Living Bomb is now called Flame Shock, Pyroblast is now called Lava Burst, and Flamestrike is now called Earthquake (don't worry about those last two, they're utterly useless in every single situation anyway). Archetypes play almost EXACTLY the same, and it's fucking boring. Healing niches? Pfft. Some random paladin called Xxpuffxx once complained they couldn't AoE heal as well as priests, so that got fixed with Holy Radiance. His buddy Isephirothl complained they didn't have powerful HoTs like Druids, so they got Eternal Flame. Etc, etc, etc. Switching classes isn't a different experience anymore. It's just recolored, renamed buttons, and I'm sick of it.

I remember really looking forward to having my own farm. I can't really find of negative superlatives that describe the disappointment I experienced when I discovered that the much-touted "farm" was 2-16 ugly, tiny plots of land with a handful of seeds to chuck on there once a day, clicking absurd "pests" to get rid of them, and then doing absolutely nothing until the next day, where you magically harvest your Golden Lotus, or Ore, or Leather.. Riddle me that ones, you geniuses - my farm's phased, how the Dickens did my "special plants" catch enough leather from creatures big enough to actually have leathery skins if nothing besides me can even enter my farm? Multiply that by 16, and you have a real old-fashioned mystery on your hands.

Kinda ranting now, so I'll stop. Averaging out my scores, let's see -

27/70. "Disappointing, yet playable".

Still more enjoyable than Cataclysm, in my opinion, but FAR, FAR behind TBC, Vanilla and WotLK.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    A panda who does martial arts whose entire culture is 100% copy paste of China (no longer even has Japanese references from WC3) ... Yawn.

You're everything that's wrong with the WoW community.
    The Japanese references were removed before TFT, so yeah...

And *I'm* what's wrong with the community? Really now? Big words from a person who's stuck in denial about the Pandaren and Pandaria... Big words indeed....

- - - Updated - - -

So really? Anyone who likes dailies according to you is borderline insane? How fascinating...

The Japanese references were removed before TFT, so yeah...
    Yeah ignore the rest of my post just to extract some piece of "I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT" attitude, ignore the fact that the pandaren are the most god awful uninspired race since...can't even find an example...and that mixing them with Vrykul type culture would have been a much more interesting combination considering Warcraft's past races which are all a mix of different cultures.

Deleted
    Guys, the thread is how good was MoP, not how much fun did you have and how much will you let TBC nostalgia cloud.

I give it a 9/10.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ignore the rest of my post just to extract some piece of "I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT" attitude, ignore the fact that the pandaren are the most god awful uninspired race since...can't even find an example...and that mixing them with Vrykul type culture would have been a much more interesting combination considering Warcraft's past races which are all a mix of different cultures.
    Imagine *if* Blizzard had used these Pan'dyr instead. First of all, they would've come out of nowhere, opposed to the Pandaren whom we'd at least seen in TFT. Secondly, people would've gone apeshit over how lame and rehased or recycled or whatever, they would've been due to them being basically fuzzy Vrykuls, a race we had crawling all over a previous expansion.

Not to mention, the last time Blizzard tried to add some multi-culture to the Pandaren (being in Warcraft 3 TFT) where they had the Brewmaster wear samurai armor, China got pissed - same scenario again with the Pan'dyr most likely, since we'd have viking-pandas instead.

Deleted
    Overall 8/10

Raiding was on a whole new level this expansion 7/10:
    MSV - 10/10 for me. Everyfucking body had a job to do the tanks, the dps and the healers. If one role fail... "Wipe it guys! repeat!".
    HoF - 6/10 was not so much impressive, but i must admit that Garalon was challenging dps check and Wind Lord was fun (600% dmg taken oO lulzwut?!?)
    ToeS - 5/10 didnt manage to get to try any of the hc modes while they were current, but i did them recently and i wasnt impressed at all.
    ToT - 7/10 troll and beast parts were awful. I couldnt wait to pass them to reach the bosses in the citadel, all tho Horridon and Tortos deserve honorable mention, yet again the Mogu bosses were much more intresting to me and Lei Shen being one of the most difficult bosses to encounter so far(to me personaly even the LK was joke compared to him). I most disliked the part that Isle of Thunder was war effort thing. Three factions were besieging the Thunder King citadel in attempt to kill him and yet again we entered ToT A L O N E!!! So The Kirin-Tor, The Sunreavers and The Shado-Pan were fighting the forces of the Thunder king and the trolls but yet again they didnt manage to send anyone with us inside?!? Lulzwut?!?
    SoO - 7/10 after tier 14 and tier 15 raids this was not that impressive that i was expected to be, yet again i like the difficult curve that was made with it. I think the raiding get in even better direction with this.

PvP i woun't comment for 2 reasons: First i dont play PvP (and i also find it tedious that they forced me to do PvP via the legendary quest) and Second the whole expansion i was watching how numbers were always "tweaked" up and down so i guess it wasnt that good at all.

The world was amazing 9/10. I mostly liked how they made the rare NPC thing working. The world bosses! I still remmber how excited was the server when the new for galleon spawning reached the trade chat. Despite how much people hated dailies, i personaly liked them on the release. The way they were made was cool i especialy liked the parts when i reach sertain rep with the given faction and more quest are unlocked to develop the faction story and lore and etc (shado pan garrison was my favorite), but there were too many of them so many people got burned and started to hate them.

Questing was nothing new from Cata way of doing it 6/10. Jade forest and Krasarangi were boring, except the parts witch involved the Shas. Kun-Lai was plain boring with capital B. Townlong steppes and the prequests for it was awesome, because i said only The Shado-Pan lore was done right, cool and epic and Dread Wastes... well i admit they managed to make them dread and i discovered i dont like dread things so i hated that place. I also liked the legenray quest. I really liked that you progress towards your orange item the WHOLE expansion with minor rewards to keep you intrested. It was supposed to be "reward for playing the expansion", yet again it was hit by the Nerf bat too, so it lost its "Coolness" very very fast.

Monk were quite unique class to be honest 8/10. I managed to level one. It offer one of the most unique tanking styles intorduced in the game so far, whole the dps and healing aspect is also quite intresting and rewarding if done right.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-03-06 at 12:52 PM.

I give it 9/10 - Best Expansion so far. (have not played vanilla/tbc)

Only thing I enjoyed was the Proving Grounds, and yes I got the title.

Rest of MoP was Terrible.

Leveling quests sucked.

Heroic dungeons, did anyone even do them?

PVP is still unbalanced, and PVE gear > PVP gear in world PVP...

Too many levels of the same raid.

No sense of progression.
    Last edited by Buttfear; 2014-03-06 at 12:44 PM.