10+ Year Old Account
    Is beta ray bill in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    They're not in the MCU, but what the F happened with Marvel, with Inhumans and the Gifted? Like, jesus, way to go with 1/10 shows Marvel.

Thankfully the New Mutants looks actually good. One of my favorite Marvel comic book stories is when Loki kidnaps Ororo, who's the teacher of the New Mutants, Karma gets fattened up and sent to the desert, Sunspot lifts a table in Valhalla, Illyana dresses up in string bikinis. All that fun stuff.
    Inhumans was something perlmutter was pushing to compete with X-Men. Feige was never keen on doing one, at least not in phase 3. When feige got put in charge of the film division he put it on indefinite hold. Since perlmutter was still in charge of the TV division he decided fuck that I'll do it myself.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Is beta ray bill in the movie?
    There's a small easter egg for him, but he's not in as a character.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    There's a small easter egg for him, but he's not in as a character.
    okay

thats all i need

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only disappointment in the new Thor movie was them basically killing off everyone from the previous Thor movies to restart his group of friends without even mentioning it.

So Thor and the Warriors 3 had been best friends for thousands of years, they get murdered nearly instantly and he doesn't even have a moment where he stops to reflect on it. Sif isn't even mentioned at all. Kind of feels like they were just killed off so he could have a new diverse range of Friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    My only disappointment in the new Thor movie was them basically killing off everyone from the previous Thor movies to restart his group of friends without even mentioning it.

So Thor and the Warriors 3 had been best friends for thousands of years, they get murdered nearly instantly and he doesn't even have a moment where he stops to reflect on it. Sif isn't even mentioned at all. Kind of feels like they were just killed off so he could have a new diverse range of Friends.
    1. Spoilers, but obvious stuff
    2. Does anyone really care about them?

I think a lot of people cared about Lady Sif and the Warriors Three. A lot of talk about if they would be in this one or not leading up to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I think a lot of people cared about Lady Sif and the Warriors Three. A lot of talk about if they would be in this one or not leading up to it.
    Honestly other than hearing that Thor 2 was bad, I have not heard all that much if at all about those ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    theres been alot of requests for a sif solo movie, tv show, or her simply having a prominent role in one of the movies but i dont think anyone cared about anyone else, and we all know the real world reason natalie portmans jane foster isnt in this movie and i doubt anyone cared since she was always the least liked part by most people.

i too would like to see more sif stuff, but honestly, the more i think about it the more i wonder whether or not most of us ACTUALLY want more sif stuff or if we simply want more movies like wonder woman where a bad ass lady person does bad ass lady person things, especially bad ass lady persons with swords.

wonder woman somewhat sated my xena esque warrior woman want although id always welcome more. i wonder if we continue to get things like wonder woman, birds of prey, black widow, captain marvel, squirrel girl, and ms marvel if the desire for more sif will continue to die down or if these people actually do want more sif.

shame the xena revival fell through though. atleast we get some of that sweet lucy lawless on ash vs evil dead
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, Volstagg and Sif are 2 of my favourite characters. I care much less about the Valkyrie and am much more disappointed they didn't introduce my favourite Character from the Thor series, Angela.

I do, Volstagg and Sif are 2 of my favourite characters. I care much less about the Valkyrie and am much more disappointed they didn't introduce my favourite Character from the Thor series, Angela.
    to be fair, marvel didnt own angela until a few years ago. id love to see angela too, but its possible the people making these movies dont necessarily have a connection with the character. or atleast, not as a thor character

she was an image/spawn universe character up until 2013, shes marvel now but these people grew up with her not even being in the same universe as thor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    to be fair, marvel didnt own angela until a few years ago. id love to see angela too, but its possible the people making these movies dont necessarily have a connection with the character. or atleast, not as a thor character

she was an image/spawn universe character up until 2013, shes marvel now but these people grew up with her not even being in the same universe as thor
    Whilst I agree she is fairly new, it would've been no better time to introduce her then when they brought Hela in as well.

Whilst I agree she is fairly new, it would've been no better time to introduce her then when they brought Hela in as well.
    Really they could introduce her at any point, even outside of Thor in her own movie or a different movie depending on how they do her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Really they could introduce her at any point, even outside of Thor in her own movie or a different movie depending on how they do her
    Considering she started off her main adventure in the comics by meeting the Guardians, that would be a cool place to introduce her.

if you think their death was disappointment, watch for Odin's.

the movie was meh.

fun but that's it.

the villain was another one to go villain even though Cate Blanchett's performance was phenomenal and she looked amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    if you think their death was disappointment, watch for Odin's.
    I already expected his Death though, so it was unsurprising. The others not so much.

Also another major hole I found in Ragnarok. Was the last few years anytime someone criticized the horrid "Femthor" spin-off we were told constantly "It's because she picked up Mjolnir and she was worthy "Thor" is like a Mantle"

Yet in Ragnarok Odin tells Thor that the Hammer has nothing to do with his powers and was simply a conduit to help him channel them.

???????????????
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-10-30 at 09:47 AM.

I already expected his Death though, so it was unsurprising. The others not so much.

Also another major hole I found in Ragnarok. Was the last few years anytime someone criticized the horrid "Femthor" spin-off we were told constantly "It's because she picked up Mjolnir and she was worthy "Thor" is like a Mantle"

Yet in Ragnarok Odin tells Thor that the Hammer has nothing to do with his powers and was simply a conduit to help him channel them.

???????????????
    personally, Odin's death was underwhelming

> comics
    > MCU

his powers are innate in the comics as well.

the difference is that he knew to used them since he was young in the comics while in MCU he is a noob after centuries.

the comic version is weird because Mjölnir has the Mother Storm which produces lightning and thunder.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-10-30 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ???????????????
    Except, even without Mjolnir in the comics, Thor can still control the lightning. While it's true that picking up the Hammer made Jane worthy, and allowed her to take on the mantle of Thor, Odinson has an innate ability to control Storms and Earth that comes from his Asgardian/Eternal heritage.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Except, even without Mjolnir in the comics, Thor can still control the lightning. While it's true that picking up the Hammer made Jane worthy, and allowed her to take on the mantle of Thor, Odinson has an innate ability to control Storms and Earth that comes from his Asgardian/Eternal heritage.
    Thor doesn't have Eternal heritage. His mother Gaia is an elder-god who predates life on Earth, the Eternals are the first race of super-humans created by the Celestial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a shame MCU won't have Galactus..... because I really just wanted a reference to this famous line

YOU FACE GALACTUS, YOU FACE GALACATUS!