Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think ideally if Marvel had owned the rights to the X-men we'd see Wolverine in Age of Ultron. At least because he did appear in the Age of Ultron series. But I digress.
    im pretty sure if marvel owned x-men wolverine would be in everything.

wolverine and spider-man are marvels two biggest characters. if they owned those guys they would be everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

honestly natalie portman was the weakest actor on both thor movies. shes just an awful actress in my opinion and im glad shes gone. they will probably recast jane foster

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I doubt this movie will resemble the Age of Ultron series very much at all.
    theyve actually said it doesnt, theyre just using the name because its a good name.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    honestly natalie portman was the weakest actor on both thor movies. shes just an awful actress in my opinion and im glad shes gone. they will probably recast jane foster- - - Updated - - -
    Amen brother, amen.

theyve actually said it doesnt, theyre just using the name because its a good name.
    Has any of the movies really resembled any of the comic stories, for real? I know the extremis stuff from Iron Man 3 is part of a comic book, but I assume the rest of the movie isn't like that comic book at all.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly natalie portman was the weakest actor on both thor movies. shes just an awful actress in my opinion and im glad shes gone. they will probably recast jane foster
    She wasn't that good in the Marvel movies, but she's absolutely awesome in Black Swan, and really great in V for Vendetta.

Has any of the movies really resembled any of the comic stories, for real? I know the extremis stuff from Iron Man 3 is part of a comic book, but I assume the rest of the movie isn't like that comic book at all.

- - - Updated - - -

She wasn't that good in the Marvel movies, but she's absolutely awesome in Black Swan, and really great in V for Vendetta.
    i will give her props she was good in black swan
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think she's a good actress

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

and as for them resembling the comic stories. somewhat. they havent really done a specific story yet. loki was the major drive in the avengers uniting in the comics, the infinity stones dont really resemble the comic book ones except the one in guardians.

so far the ultron stuff seems close enough to some of the older ultron stuff as they can get with no hank pym, which considering how important pym was is pretty good.

i also doubt civil war will be very similar.

they basically cherry pick from different stories, retrofit it to what theyve done (or havent done) and put there own spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I think she's a good actress

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vHkZq24.gif[MG]
    Is that from a movie?
    and as for them resembling the comic stories. somewhat. they havent really done a specific story yet. loki was the major drive in the avengers uniting in the comics, the infinity stones dont really resemble the comic book ones except the one in guardians.

so far the ultron stuff seems close enough to some of the older ultron stuff as they can get with no hank pym, which considering how important pym was is pretty good.

i also doubt civil war will be very similar.

they basically cherry pick from different stories, retrofit it to what theyve done (or havent done) and put there own spin on it.
    Mkay.

Is that from a movie?
    I want to say it's from a perfume ad or similar.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Haha nice gif She's an eye catcher and had great roles in Black Swan and V for Vendetta, but I cannot forgive her performances in Star Wars and Thor. Maybe it was the script's fault in both cases but she was especially unbearable in Thor 2. I know that she had issues with Marvel because of the director change but if you watch the trailer again at 0:38, I think she's standing next to Thor. I mean, who else should that be? You can easily recognize Black Widow and Maria Hill. Would also make sense because Thor collars Tony at 1:40. I had hoped they will kill off Pepper because she is also getting annoying (and this would be an even greater motivation for Tony to work for the government) but Jane is fine for me as well

I wonder about Hulk's sickness. Nanobots by Ultron? Disease by Hydra? Or something else entirely, like gamma rays are mutating?

I had strings but now I'm free. There are no strings on me
    Quite catchy

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Haha nice gif She's an eye catcher and had great roles in Black Swan and V for Vendetta, but I cannot forgive her performances in Star Wars and Thor. Maybe it was the script's fault in both cases but she was especially unbearable in Thor 2. I know that she had issues with Marvel because of the director change but if you watch the trailer again at 0:38, I think she's standing next to Thor. I mean, who else should that be? You can easily recognize Black Widow and Maria Hill. Would also make sense because Thor collars Tony at 1:40. I had hoped they will kill off Pepper because she is also getting annoying (and this would be an even greater motivation for Tony to work for the government) but Jane is fine for me as well

I wonder about Hulk's sickness. Nanobots by Ultron? Disease by Hydra? Or something else entirely, like gamma rays are mutating?
    Doesn't look like Natalie Portman, could be a new actor that gets killed instantly, although I'd find that pretty jarring. Who's the lady at Cap?

Which is why I think they are so good. If they were like the comics then you have the whole issue of they left this out, this was suppose to happen, etc. Cherry picking sections and creating their own universe altogether gives much more opportunity for things to happen and there's nothing they have to follow to be exact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt this movie will resemble the Age of Ultron series very much at all.
    I know it won't. It's already too late for an ideal Age of Ultron but roughly it will be what we know.

Which is why I think they are so good. If they were like the comics then you have the whole issue of they left this out, this was suppose to happen, etc. Cherry picking sections and creating their own universe altogether gives much more opportunity for things to happen and there's nothing they have to follow to be exact.
    While that is true, it still follows it at least somewhat to a degree.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-10-23 at 08:39 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Doesn't look like Natalie Portman, could be a new actor that gets killed instantly, although I'd find that pretty jarring. Who's the lady at Cap?
    Maria Hill is my guess. Do we have any confirmation that Portman is indeed not in AoU?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    they can also skip the shit parts and the retcon explaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    For the most part, yes, I wholeheartedly agree. In the case of Iron Man, Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Captain America, they've all modernized
    (no choice really, you had to considering the times the originals began) but they've also kept key aspects of the characters origins and what
    makes the characters the characters that we know. They're not always done right (*cough* Mandarin *cough*) and there are more moments
    where they can tease or make more cameos of their yet to be introduced characters, but for the most part, its as good as its going to get
    to "being done correctly."

All of this is completely devoid in the Fox films, especially the X-Men ones, which I hate with every fiber of my being. They're the MCU done
    wrong and CONTINUED to be done wrong. Which is why I am awaiting the day when Disney gets the rights back and retcons the Fox bullshit
    so it can belong with the MCU.

and as for them resembling the comic stories. somewhat. they havent really done a specific story yet. loki was the major drive in the avengers uniting in the comics.
    I can't believe they didn't take the opportunity to have the Hulk disguise himself as a robotic juggling clown.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    For the most part, yes, I wholeheartedly agree. In the case of Iron Man, Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Captain America, they've all modernized
    (no choice really, you had to considering the times the originals began) but they've also kept key aspects of the characters origins and what
    makes the characters the characters that we know. They're not always done right (*cough* Mandarin *cough*) and there are more moments
    where they can tease or make more cameos of their yet to be introduced characters, but for the most part, its as good as its going to get
    to "being done correctly."

All of this is completely devoid in the Fox films, especially the X-Men ones, which I hate with every fiber of my being. They're the MCU done
    wrong and CONTINUED to be done wrong. Which is why I am awaiting the day when Disney gets the rights back and retcons the Fox bullshit
    so it can belong with the MCU.
    That's your opinion. I think Days of Future Past is the best Marvel-based movie yet, and that the X-Men movies with their younger cast has come back on track in a big way after the end of the original trilogy and the wolverine movies. I don't see why they should try to make it like the comics and make it "correctly".
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-10-24 at 06:56 AM.

About the Mandarin, it was hinted in one of the shorts that the Kilian guy wasn't the real Mandarin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Maria Hill is my guess. Do we have any confirmation that Portman is indeed not in AoU?
    Isn't Maria also in the scene? From left to right it's: Hulk, Black Widow, mystery woman, Thor - on the other side of the sofa, Cap, Hill, Rhodey, Stark and Hawkeye.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the mystery woman is Claudia Kim, rumoured to be playing Jocasta?

Deleted
    Some rumors I found about the whole Jane Thor stuff

Jane and Thor's Split: Not all is good between Jane and Thor in "Avengers 2." It is said the alleged opening scene of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees the Asgardian god at the bar looking at Jane (Natalie Portman) with Richard (Chris O'Dowd's character from "Thor: The Dark World). http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/556014/20140617/avengers-age-ultron-2-spoilers-first-look.htm#.VEo7LPmsXJY

"Well he’s been on earth now, he’s not up in Asgard, at the end of ‘Thor 2′ he decided not to stay there, and so he’s a more human Thor now, and there’s a bit more humor with him, and you’ll see him in some civilian clothes, he’ll be hanging out on earth for bit, so…

A bachelor? No! Nor at the end!" quote by Hemsworth himself http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-interview-hemsworth-thor-vs-ultron/