Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Tesseract confirmed recovered by Asgard, currently in Heimdall's hands.
    The Staff was recovered by SHIELD, but that means it's in another's hands (Cap 2 after credit's scene.)
    Aether is supposedly still in the Collector's hands, but after what they just did to his gallery, who knows?
    Power is indeed held by the Nova Corps.
    I'd think they'd have used the after credits scene with The Collector to show or tell that the Aether is no longer there, if it was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    No chance Aether is the Soul gem, with the weird stuff it did with Jane Foster? The idea that the Reality gem can fulfill wishes makes me kinda sad if it's been spend on the Aether.

Still conflicted on how to rank X-Men: Days of Future Past, The LEGO Movie, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    I doubt it. The thing about the Reality Gem, is that it can essentially do anything, as Reality Manipulation is kind of the ultimate superpower. The thing that tells me that the Aether is the Reality Gem is the incredibly varied things it does. The stuff with Jane Foster, the way it manipulates dimensions to create a pseudo teleportation, and the fact that it can destroy the universe. In many ways, it treads on the territory of the other gems, and no other gem can do ALL of that stuff. Space Gem can teleport, Power Gem can destroy, only the Reality Gem can do both. The thing about the Reality Gem, is that it's not as powerful concerning a singular purpose as the other gems. The Reality Gem can give super strength, the Power Gem gives infinite strength. The really scary thing is that the Power Gem amplifies all the others. Really, combining the Power Gem with any other gives nearly limitless power, so much so that I doubt even the Abstracts could counter them.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-08-02 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I doubt it. The thing about the Reality Gem, is that it can essentially do anything, as Reality Manipulation is kind of the ultimate superpower. The thing that tells me that the Aether is the Reality Gem is the incredibly varied things it does. The stuff with Jane Foster, the way it manipulates dimensions to create a pseudo teleportation, and the fact that it can destroy the universe. In many ways, it treads on the territory of the other gems, and no other gem can do ALL of that stuff. Space Gem can teleport, Power Gem can destroy, only the Reality Gem can do both. The thing about the Reality Gem, is that it's not as powerful concerning a singular purpose as the other gems. The Reality Gem can give super strength, the Power Gem gives infinite strength. The really scary thing is that the Power Gem amplifies all the others. Really, combining the Power Gem with any other gives nearly limitless power, so much so that I doubt even the Abstracts could counter them.
    I guess the whole dark matter thing fits with "reality". Oh well.

I'd think they'd have used the after credits scene with The Collector to show or tell that the Aether is no longer there, if it was the case.
    Ever since the end of Thor 2, I've been wondering if The Collector wasn't already in league with Thanos. His line about "one down, 4 to go" or whatever the specific line is could just be his nature as a collector to collect, but it could also be him attempting to get them for a buyer/client like Thanos. Either is a possibility at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Ever since the end of Thor 2, I've been wondering if The Collector wasn't already in league with Thanos. His line about "one down, 4 to go" or whatever the specific line is could just be his nature as a collector to collect, but it could also be him attempting to get them for a buyer/client like Thanos. Either is a possibility at this point in time.
    If they keep The Collector consistent with his typical mindset, he doesn't sell things. He collects to keep himself sane since his wife chose to die.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Still missing the Ego Gem.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Still missing the Ego Gem.
    Rhythm Gem!

Rhythm Gem!
    Ego is more canon then Rhythm :P

Ego is more canon then Rhythm :P
    I know, but it would be hilarious if the Rhythm gem came into existence purely from Starlord's moves.

Just having fun.

Also, someone mentioned Loki having control of the Tesseract: It's possible, but he clearly has no idea what he has, if he even cares where it is.

I know, but it would be hilarious if the Rhythm gem came into existence purely from Starlord's moves.

Just having fun.

Also, someone mentioned Loki having control of the Tesseract: It's possible, but he clearly has no idea what he has, if he even cares where it is.
    Well he is Odin so maybe he has access to it

Just having fun.

He might not know it's an Infinity Stone, but he undoubtably knows of its powers. Although he seems satisfied with ruling Asgard in secret.

now im really hoping that rumour that at the end of avengers 2 hulk gets shot into space and ends up teaming up with the guardians of the galaxy and they have to get him home which leads into the team up in avengers 3.

i can just imagine hulk and groot having some weird sort of heart to heart

"I AM GROOOOOT"

"ME HUUUUUUUULK"

"GROOOOOOT"

"HUUUUULK"

"groot"

"hulk like tree man, hulk no smash him"

star lord "well atleast this one talks a little better"

- - - Updated - - -

fandango says guardians of the galaxy is the best reviewed movie of the year so far.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    now im really hoping that rumour that at the end of avengers 2 hulk gets shot into space and ends up teaming up with the guardians of the galaxy and they have to get him home which leads into the team up in avengers 3.

i can just imagine hulk and groot having some weird sort of heart to heart

"I AM GROOOOOT"

"ME HUUUUUUUULK"

"GROOOOOOT"

"HUUUUULK"

"groot"

"hulk like tree man, hulk no smash him"

star lord "well atleast this one talks a little better"

- - - Updated - - -

fandango says guardians of the galaxy is the best reviewed movie of the year so far.
    What the heck is Fandango?

Also, not really a fan of the Hulk being in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. They have such a fine universe all by themselves.

Also, not really a fan of the Hulk being in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. They have such a fine universe all by themselves.
    Ironman could always join them :P

it would only be for one movie as the hook to get them into avengers 3.

either way the guardians are going to be in avengers 3 to help fight thanos. thanos is too big for just the avengers to take on and theres no point in having a whole cosmos if nobody ever goes to it.

and fandango is the number 1 preorder site for movie tickets.

http://www.fandango.com/guardiansoft.../movieoverview

- - - Updated - - -

Ironman could always join them :P
    could be a good decision for when they decide to recast tony stark.

put the new iron man with the guardians in a whole new environment in outer space and it becomes less jarring seeing someone who isnt rdj standing next to thor.

then when people get used to him let the new iron man go hang out with the avengers again.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

it would only be for one movie as the hook to get them into avengers 3.

either way the guardians are going to be in avengers 3 to help fight thanos. thanos is too big for just the avengers to take on and theres no point in having a whole cosmos if nobody ever goes to it.

and fandango is the number 1 preorder site for movie tickets.

http://www.fandango.com/guardiansoft.../movieoverview

- - - Updated - - -

could be a good decision for when they decide to recast tony stark.

put the new iron man with the guardians in a whole new environment in outer space and it becomes less jarring seeing someone who isnt rdj standing next to thor.

then when people get used to him let the new iron man go hang out with the avengers again.
    Recasting RDJ is probably one of the toughest decisions they'd have to make since he pretty much personifies Tony Stark. Take the risk and recast another as Tony or go for one of the people who took over (Rhodes).

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm almost certain the gem in Loki's scepter is the Mind Gem. The scepter was given to him by Thanos, and it's not unreasonable to assume that Thanos has had some previous success in tracking down the gems.

Mind Gem: The gem in Loki's scepter, last seen being held by Black Widow, so it's reasonable to assume S.H.I.E.L.D. has it.
    Space Gem: The Tesseract, last seen being stored in Asgard. Reasonable to assume Loki or Thanos has it, given the ending of Thor 2.
    Reality Gem: The Aether, was given to The Collector, unknown if he still has it.
    Power Gem: The stone in GotG, currently held by the Nova Corps.
    Time Gem: Unknown.
    Soul Gem: Unknown.

The reason there is debate on this is the colors are totally different from the regular Infinity Gems in the standard Marvel universe, Earth-616. These items have shown to have the powers of the gems I have linked them to though, so I'm confidant I haven't misidentified them.

Also, Guardians of the Galaxy was fucking awesome. I also think that it was better than The Avengers, but I also didn't like The Avengers as much as most people did. I still loved it though.

I the gems in MCU will retain their original coloring.

Actually, the gem in GotG is the space gem. Even though the scenes where it showed the interaction was too flashy, it probably teleported away those who held it. Why?

Because considering his current standing and significance in the universe Ronan is too important of a figure to be fodderized in his debut.

Similar thing happened with the "Mandarin" in Iron Man 3. In Marvel one-shot "All-hail the King", we learn that the real Mandarin exists leading the Ten-Rings and (s)he is very pissed.

Though, I may be wrong regarding this and Marvel would decide to change the colors of the gems in MCU.

Originally (http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/infinitygauntlet.jpg and http://marvel.wikia.com/Infinity_Gems?file=Infinity_Gems.jpg)

Red -> Power
    Yellow -> Reality
    Blue -> Mind
    Purple -> Space
    Orange -> Time
    Green -> Soul

Considering these two renders (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GpDkxJZSwBc/maxresdefault.jpg and http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/29514/Odins-Vault-THOR-550x508.jpg) of the gauntlet in MCU, assuming the places of the respective gems in the gauntlet does not change:

Purple -> Power
    Yellow -> Reality
    Red -> Mind
    Orange -> Space
    Green -> Time
    Blue -> Soul

However, considering the gauntlet showcased in SDCC (http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img2/infinitygauntlet-CCIshowphoto-full.jpg), assuming the places of the respective gems in the gauntlet does not change:

Yellow -> Power
    Green -> Reality
    Red -> Mind
    Orange -> Space
    Purple -> Time
    Blue -> Soul

Though, wish they had given us something more than Howard the Duck as the post-credits scene.

Still, awesome movie. Was expecting it to be the blockbuster of the summer and it did not disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Recasting RDJ is probably one of the toughest decisions they'd have to make since he pretty much personifies Tony Stark. Take the risk and recast another as Tony or go for one of the people who took over (Rhodes).
    either way they have to recast tony eventually.

theres some characters they can replace a few times, some they have to recast.

with pym being so old and with banner not exactly always secure in the science department i feel like marvel really needs tony stark. even if they dont have iron man, they need a tony stark.

i think what they might do is maybe have tony go away for awhile, have rhodes take over as warmachine for maybe a few movies and then when we havent had rdj for a good couple of movies, introduce the recast.

but that really is the toughest one to recast. even if they go with rhodes for awhile it wont really feel the same with just warmachine.

with cap you can see bucky or falcon picking up the shield and it makes sense it fits. captain america is more of an idea then a person really.

thor they can have another person pick up the hammer for awhile if they have to.

but tony is just so intrinsically iron man to most people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post

I the gems in MCU will retain their original coloring.

Actually, the gem in GotG is the space gem. Even though the scenes where it showed the interaction was too flashy, it probably teleported away those who held it. Why?

Because considering his current standing and significance in the universe Ronan is too important of a figure to be fodderized in his debut.

Similar thing happened with the "Mandarin" in Iron Man 3. In Marvel one-shot "All-hail the King", we learn that the real Mandarin exists leading the Ten-Rings and (s)he is very pissed.

Though, I may be wrong regarding this and Marvel would decide to change the colors of the gems in MCU.

Originally (http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/infinitygauntlet.jpg and http://marvel.wikia.com/Infinity_Gems?file=Infinity_Gems.jpg)

Red -> Power
    Yellow -> Reality
    Blue -> Mind
    Purple -> Space
    Orange -> Time
    Green -> Soul

Considering these two renders (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GpDkxJZSwBc/maxresdefault.jpg and http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/29514/Odins-Vault-THOR-550x508.jpg) of the gauntlet in MCU, assuming the places of the respective gems in the gauntlet does not change:

Purple -> Power
    Yellow -> Reality
    Red -> Mind
    Orange -> Space
    Green -> Time
    Blue -> Soul

However, considering the gauntlet showcased in SDCC (http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img2/infinitygauntlet-CCIshowphoto-full.jpg), assuming the places of the respective gems in the gauntlet does not change:

Yellow -> Power
    Green -> Reality
    Red -> Mind
    Orange -> Space
    Purple -> Time
    Blue -> Soul

Though, wish they had given us something more than Howard the Duck as the post-credits scene.

Still, awesome movie. Was expecting it to be the blockbuster of the summer and it did not disappoint me.
    tesseract was already confirmed to be space

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm expecting them to bring Arno into play all the while casting a younger actor for the role, turning Tony into his mentor.

Though considering the scope, I don't know if they can pull the Godslayer and Secret Origins of Tony Stark as the plot of a single movie.

They did give a glimpse to the bigger part of the Marvel Universe and sort of introduced the celestials. But they could swap Shi'ard with the Kree and considering how Fox has the rights to X-men, completely omit A vs. X event (Sadface panda).

Though it could be done as a phase 3 movie with its easter egg being in GotG 2 post-credits, starting out with Stark launching into space due to his cooperation in creating Ultron being a complete fiasco. He messes with the Kree, meets 451 there, gets saved by him to end-up being forced to pilot the Godslayer all the while learning about the truth behind his family ties. In the meanwhile, he can unveil a possible connection between Hydra and Thanos, finding Arno in Earth tied to the machine etc.

- - - Updated - - -

either way they have to recast tony eventually.

theres some characters they can replace a few times, some they have to recast.

with pym being so old and with banner not exactly always secure in the science department i feel like marvel really needs tony stark. even if they dont have iron man, they need a tony stark.

i think what they might do is maybe have tony go away for awhile, have rhodes take over as warmachine for maybe a few movies and then when we havent had rdj for a good couple of movies, introduce the recast.

but that really is the toughest one to recast. even if they go with rhodes for awhile it wont really feel the same with just warmachine.

with cap you can see bucky or falcon picking up the shield and it makes sense it fits. captain america is more of an idea then a person really.

thor they can have another person pick up the hammer for awhile if they have to.

but tony is just so intrinsically iron man to most people

- - - Updated - - -

tesseract was already confirmed to be space
    Checked back again, it indeed has been. But what will be its color? Both the gem atop Loki's staff and the tesseract is blue.

Though, it had also been confirmed that purple is the power gem, then following may be the line-up:

Purple -> Power
    Yellow -> Reality
    Red -> Mind
    Orange -> Space
    Green -> Time
    Blue -> Soul

we are getting.

Still, both the jewel of the scepter and tesseract are blue.

...and why in the world did the spoiler tag on my post got vanished when you quoted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is taking up the July 28 2017 slot. Cant wait to see the first moving on Friday.
    GotG was a really good movie. Enough comedy and plenty of action. And enough bite to make you want to see the second one. You get some of Starlord's back ground, but not all. Same with Gamora (Zoe is hot), and Rocket. Love the ending battle scene, I can't imagine any other actor pulling it off, Chris Pratt did an amazing job. Great casting choices overall, as I was a little worried when I had heard the selection. I will probably see this a few more times over the next couple weeks.