Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What if i told you that the dealbreaker has already occured, and you are just playing out of blind habit?

Old habits die hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    What if i told you that the dealbreaker has already occured, and you are just playing out of blind habit?

Old habits die hard.
    My deal breaker would be catering to Hardcores and re-implementing all of the bullshit tedious time sinks/mechanics from Vanilla that made the game more of a chore and less of a relaxing hobby. I am a casual and enjoy the game as it stands. But if they ever over-tuned shit, added back in reagents and other crappy mechanics, and removed flying (any one of those three), I would drop the game faster than a locomotive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best in slot store items that are only available in the store. I can't make up my mind about the current BS about no flying in Draenor for possibly the entire expansion while at the same time Blizz is promoting the Hearthsteed flying mount. It's either mindlessly dumb to be talking about one of those things or something worse. For now I think it's simply that Blizzard has too many people talking about too much stuff with no one coordinating messaging. It's bad, whatever it is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    If WoW would go F2P, I would immediately quit and never return. Probably the only definite dealbreaker for me.

Removal of pug-able end game content would be a big NO too, though.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-03-13 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For now I think it's simply that Blizzard has too many people talking about too much stuff with no one coordinating messaging. It's bad, whatever it is.
    Agreed. Bashiok is saying one thing. Alex Afrasiabi is saying something else. Meanwhile, Greg Street is sitting somewhere reading all this and laughing his ass off ^5 Greg. Smart man getting out for WoD-Gate

Pay-to-Win World of Warcraft.

And no, Instant Level 90 is not Pay-to-Win.

f2p is deal breaker, also, removal of heroic modes/mythic

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    I get your point and I understand your point but looking at the top level of raiding, this still stands as you can spend real $$ for in game gold (not by blizzard ofc) and use it to buy heroic ilvl gear.

Not confused but thanks for your concern.

Except this isnt a blizzard feature. Its someone going against the ToS and basically cheating.

So yes, you are confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can't make up my mind about the current BS about no flying in Draenor for possibly the entire expansion while at the same time Blizz is promoting the Hearthsteed flying mount.
    No-where has this even been mentioned or considered. The interview spoke about a game where maybe people learn to love World of Warcraft without flying, but one patch is not going to give them enough data and response from the players to make a decision about that.

It's a big decision, and they're not going to make that early expansion, it'll be done as a "feature" of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    dealbreaker..... I dunno... I guess when the game becomes too bloated and a certificate in typewriting becomes a necessity...
    Or anything BiS has to be purchased with real currency...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    - Being able to purchase current tier gear or gold for real-world currency.
    - The creation of an RMAH that would facilitate the above.
    - A significant hike in the subscription fee (anything above $20 for me personally).
    - Any form of micro-transactional additions that would influence player power beyond gear-related issues (e.g. special enchants that cost money or any form of on-use item that provide a stat. boost or cause unequal play balance).
    - Drastic changes to gameplay elements that would hamper my ability to enjoy the game.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    - Directly selling gold
    - Selling BiS-level gear
    - Selling max-level power boosts (i.e. do X% more damage for 1 hour)
    - Increase in sub cost ($25 a month is probably my limit, maybe even lower)

10+ Year Old Account
    free to play and pay 2 win as in buying gear shit.

thats when i would pc out
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Good question OP. I guess if heroic raids were removed I'd quit for good, because that is like 3 months of content for me. Other than that, I don't know I guess I would have to see and react to changes instead of speculating my reaction.

If WoW became a PvP centric rather than a PvE centric game then I would drop it.

PvP will never be balanced in the game so I don't want the game to be built around it. Too many class/spec/talent combinations for one or more classes not to be OP for at least one patch cycle, which will change nearly every patch.

If I want to PvP I'll play an FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about it back in BC. The overcasualization of the game would be my dealbreaker. Needless to say, I haven't played for quite some time.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

When the core gameplay isn't good and enjoyable, which hasn't happened yet. It's gotten significantly better since Vanilla actually.

It's 10 years old but still the cleanest, best running, smoothest tab targeting MMO on the market. All others are horrendously clunky and seem like cheesy Unity 3D rubbish.

Pay2win, certainly.

No flying at all (as opposed to delaying until 6.1) would be a dealbreaker for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Buyable raid gear. Thats really it for me, I suppose. Theres already LFR, theres no reason to make getting gear any easier.
    How about the BMAH, buyable HEROIC raid gear? I know its usually only one piece at a time but that's still buying gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    How about the BMAH, buyable HEROIC raid gear? I know its usually only one piece at a time but that's still buying gear.
    how often does heroic gear pop up? Pretty sure he ment buying raid gear with cash. hellooo
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-03-13 at 05:24 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done