Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely coming back. If there wasn't a lull in content right now I'd still be playing...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Nope. I hate Furor, so which him behind the helm, I'm staying away.

They made it super easy with the price of the expansion being $50. No way would I ever pay that much for an expansion to a 10 year old game. Knock it down to $19.99, I'd consider, but the sub has to be knocked down to $4.99, because again, 10 year old game.
    you are, without a doubt, a complete and utter fucking idiot. Why would they make it that cheap? if anything, $50 for an expansion to a long established game should be more. I don't care that I'm going to get infracted for that, it had to be said.

Infracted, keep it civil.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-20 at 11:59 AM.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Nope. I hate Furor, so which him behind the helm, I'm staying away.

They made it super easy with the price of the expansion being $50. No way would I ever pay that much for an expansion to a 10 year old game. Knock it down to $19.99, I'd consider, but the sub has to be knocked down to $4.99, because again, 10 year old game.
    Your reasons are completely stupid.

Nothing about it really has me looking forward to it so far, several things I've heard I specifically don't like the sound of(no flying till the first patch, having to do garrison shit I don't care about), but I'll still come back and try it to see if they surprise me. If not, and it's as blah to me as MoP was though, I'll go back to being unsubbed.

I like the look of the lore and would love to experience outland since i wasnt playing the firstime but just cant see myself, the pay to level 90 pretty much sealed my deal of never subbing to wow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's a gaming site, no where on here does it say it's dedicated specifically to WoW.
    It's said by the founder and mod's and the stream of information that appears on teh front page.... If this isn't a WoW fansite it does a poor job covering non-WoW games.

On topic:
    I won't be resubbing for WoD unless they do some incredibly drastic and huge change.... as it's merely an expansion I don't think anything will be done to the extent I feel is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Your reasons are completely stupid.
    why eve online always had has free expansions. Blizzard is rich enough to as well.

I dunno. I like some of what I've seen of the WoD stuff but it feels kind of eh at the same time. Personally I have always gotten more out of the game when I have friends to play with. But over the years my friends have all quit or won't do anything but sit in a major city. I get the game is made for groups and such, but I have a really hard time making 'lasting friends' in WoW. And if you're not in a guild that actually does stuff you're not doing anything (unless you're gold capped on a few toons and can buy your way through stuff). That's the stuff that bugs me the most about WoW and I don't think WoD is going to fix those issues. I will probably resub before the WoD patch (as I missed the MoP one by like a week sigh...) but probably won't pick up WoD on launch.

It also depends on where my life is. But that's an issue that affects everything I do.

As of right now, not upgrading to WoD and using the free week or so you get every three months to see the new character models seems more likely.

staying unsubbed until blizz unfucks itself. half the changes in WoD are the reason i quit. if alex afrasiabi were fired, that'd also hasten my return, because i hate that bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you quit in the first place you weren't playing the game seriously or with a set group, so its likely you will just get bored again. Almost all end game content is meant to be done in a group and fosters communities like guilds and friendships spawned from such.
    Without one, there is little enjoyment to be had in the game unless you really like pugging.
    If you do come back, spend less time trying to focus on what is fun and what isn't and try to find a group to do various forms of content with. Once you do, I promise that you will never ask this question again. Unless maybe they quit as well!
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    If you quit in the first place you weren't playing the game seriously or with a set group, so its likely you will just get bored again. Almost all end game content is meant to be done in a group and fosters communities like guilds and friendships spawned from such.
    Without one, there is little enjoyment to be had in the game unless you really like pugging.
    If you do come back, spend less time trying to focus on what is fun and what isn't and try to find a group to do various forms of content with. Once you do, I promise that you will never ask this question again. Unless maybe they quit as well!
    I would agree with you, but WoW has never fostered guilds and communities that last longer than a year, the design of the game's social scene is attrocious, and a lack of filtering mechanisms to blacklist players only makes it more difficult than it already is to develop a healthy relationship with people.

Source for this claim? Me, I played this game for 7 years straight, and every time I joined a guild, drama would start around the year mark and self entitled brats would leave the guild, leaving holes in our roster, then everyone else would get poached off.

For seven years, I hopped guilds almost 30 times, (maybe even more) because Blizzard lacked a system to foster a better community, and in fact made systems that divided and alienated the community even further than it was.

It wasnt until I started playing other MMO's (Planetside namely) that I found alot more friendly people and people willing to play games other than just the game we met in, and maybe, I can convince a few people to come back with me for WoD.

The problem I have with Blizzard's games is that you NEED friends in order to play them, and those friends cannot, for whatever reason, come from your connections in the game itself, and those relationships need to be made outside of it in order to ever get a cohesive group capable of getting things done without breaking up for the most arbitrary reason.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Priests look like garbage. The healing changes, in general, are boring nonsense. Shadow looks to remain weak.

Nope. I'll maybe try the expansion after, when they revert everything back again. It seems to be an endless cycle with these bozos.

Nope, their endgame model just doesn't appeal to me. I hate sitting in a queue for an hour to have a chance at getting better gear. Gone over to GW2 and staying there, cos there I can actually log in and go DO something instead of playing World of Waitcraft. They do something about relying on prima donna tanks and heals to do anything, I might consider it. Until then, waste of time and money.

Absolutely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I got bored in MOP because I didn't have time to seriously raid. I'm cautiously optimistic about the story because it's at least better than pandas. I hated the lore in Pandaria. I'm glad they're modernizing a lot of rogue mechanics but remain skeptical of the raking changes. However, most of the changes are ones that I agree with and despite the seemingly had healing shift it seems like a good thing that GC is gone. I like to think he was the one keeping rogues in the Stone Age.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what are you still doing on a forum that is primarily dedicated to Wow?
    Well, 1st off (though I'm not the person you're responding to) the topic is directed specifically at "former" players…the only people who can logically answer the OP's question.

Like a lot of former WoW players I check out MMO Champion on a regular basis to see if there is anything that would bring me back, though I rarely post anymore, and/or info on other similar games because there are actually mega threads and some front page news about other games on this site.

Also, contrary to those that think otherwise cost is a valid objection / reason for not coming back. WoD will be the most expensive expansion ever and there is a fair argument to be made that you aren't actually getting more for your extra money. Personally, not having played since Cata just having to pay for MoP to play WoD is enough, when all other factors are taken into consideration including the fact that the whole storyline in MoP had no appeal to me, to make me not try WoD (though I might if they lowered the price of MoP to like $6.99).

And, furthermore, the expensive expansion plus subscription plus all revenue they get from all their micro transactions is contrary to the business model of not only almost every other MMO these days but major corporations like Google and Apple who give away most of their software these days.

So, yes, cost is a valid objection.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post

Nope. I'll maybe try the expansion after, when they revert everything back again. It seems to be an endless cycle with these bozos.
    hehe. the fun part is when they deny everything saying their "new ideas" are greats just to deny everything by the end of the expension and saying they are reverting these bad changes in the incoming expension.

Then by the end of the expension they agree on and say they willr evert the change in their new announced expension.

Yeah we agree many players where displeased by the way we handled 5man dungeon in MoP so we will revert the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP says its an exciting xpac everyone goes the other direction

i wonder if i made a thread to bash the next xpac will people just react to my post,orfor once discuss their opinions

As for myself, probably not. Saying that as a former player that stopped less than a month ago.

I've read with interest all the changes coming but I've played this game for more than nine years on and off. Scratch off the fresh coat of paint and it's the same game as before. I got bored of raiding Seige even with a decent guild group, and bored of or finished many of the side content too (ex.Brawlers guild, mount farming, pet battles). See my armory if you don't believe me. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lorath/simple