Poll: Do you like Azeroth Choppers so far?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Garbage marketing for a very niche public.
    Assuming they spend around a million on this (all the actors, post production, editing, etc) They shouldve spend the money on hiring 25 more devs @40k a year.
    Ahaha. No dev worth Blizzard's time would work for 40k/yr, and adding 25 people doesn't just magically make things move faster; In fact in general adding more people makes the entire process *slower* but has a larger end result.

Find it pretty cringeworthy how they act and I don't give a flying f about motorcycles personally, so I don't like it no.

Can understand some people that are interested in art design or motorcycles or whatever can really enjoy it, and I think it's nice blizzard is working on this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordpsy View Post
    Ahaha. No dev worth Blizzard's time would work for 40k/yr, and adding 25 people doesn't just magically make things move faster; In fact in general adding more people makes the entire process *slower* but has a larger end result.
    Enough young talent out there that cant get a job due to lacking experience (which they can only get in a job).
    If they have 25 devs working on 25 different projects, no. If they have 25 devs work on 14 projects while 9 are shelved untill the 14 projects are done, yes.

While devs won't work for 40k/yr, saying that adding more people or spending more resources on development doesn't increase productivity is a huge speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    I'm a fan of OCC so yes I watched both. The 2nd one was killing me...I should have made a drinking game for every time they mention "the time deadline".
    Kinda like classic American Chopper, huh? Haha.

I'm liking it. It's a bit of hokey fun. I enjoy watching the design process. And it's a reminder of years gone by.
    A reminder that, fuck, I'm getting old, and one day I, too, will be the wrong side of 40, greying, and wearing a leather jacket, asking a slightly bewildered looking man to build me a custom motorbike for the cost of too much money. But it's okay! Because I'm having a mid life crises.

As for episode length, I thought it was obvious that it's really just one episode split into commercial breaks that last a week because it's on the internet. Pretty standard format.
    Last edited by CataclismicSunrise; 2014-04-25 at 05:02 PM.

I like Orange County Choppers and I like WoW. Combine the both. What's there to dislike?

Deleted
    It's a complete waste of time, money and oxygen.
    Not sure what target audience they are trying to hit with it, 13-14yolds bursting on their mopeds averaging 30mph dreaming about a real motorbike? Coz from the way it is done it certainly looks like that.

Of part of me likes it, but here is the thing...

This is about FIVE YEARS TOO LATE! They should have done this when American Choppers was in it's prime.

Deleted
    tbh I couldn't care less, imo it's a waste of time and resources, but ohwell

its a really boring show so far. i feel like the beard guy on the side.. beardy or whatever his name is, hes on the wrong side. he should be on the alliance side (dwarf). but anyway its pretty slow to begin with, and who cares about drama? they have no idea what their doing and no way to make the show exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof Blizzard couldn't care less what their customers want anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    I'm Alliance myself, and my assumption is that many alliance players like me believe that the horde bike WILL be the better bike, which makes the whole "competition" and the show overall, in my opinion, utterly pointless. While a free mount is convenient, I honestly don't care. I'll be watching the episodes when they're up however since I'll have nothing better to do.

It's pretty awkward? don't know what else to say about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know , It seems like your typical american trash TV show. Not something with any depth even if it does target something that I have been interested in but not provided with any TV content for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummiehorde View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13813404
    Quote from the page - Don’t miss a single second as the sparks fly and the race begins. And make sure to rally your friends to vote, because the winning team’s Chopper will become a one-of-kind FREE in-game mount. Your faction’s pride is on the line!
    Ah, cool - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    I'm very interested in how the bikes will turn out. Not only because one of them is supposed to be made as an ingame model, but simply because I like when people make stuff like this.

Which is why I am a little bit disappointed with how the show is presented - first third is basically what happened in the previous episode, second third is the actual stuff that's going on (even though it's been just talking and talking so far) and third third is annotations for their other videos. And the episodes are 10 minutes each.

Hope I don't look stupid when I say that I expect them to show the actual designing and manufacturing of the parts and putting them together, not just whining and creating fake drama, as I don't really watch reality shows.
    Agreed. I could watch at least an hour of them designing and building the bikes, but I can't even stomach five minutes of the same fake drama being repeated five times.

Out of interest has anybody got any theories on why they chose to do this?

Bikers is such an incredibly niche market and not one that's prone to playing MMOs. I just can't get my head around why out of all the potential things, they chose this.

It is stupid.

Utterly, completely, entirely stupid.

The little videos are ridiculously short and about 50% of the content in them is saying what happened last time, playing the same stupid logo/intro over and over, and saying whats going to happen next time. The actual CONTENT behind each episode isn't even 5 minutes in length. The rest is just fluff.

I also despise that "type" of show where they try to stir up drama out of nothing and try to make everything out to be a big deal. I hate when they try to make stupid little cliffhangers about inconsequential things.

I also hate the idea that one faction will win and get a free mount and the other faction gets shafted. It doesn't matter which faction you play, the very notion is kind of disgusting, especially since the faction with the most players is going to win.

I also don't like the designs. Slapping tank treads on them makes them so impractical it hurts, a little too much to suspend disbelief. I'd have an easier time with them having laser guns and hovering 3 feet off the ground. The fact they put tank treads on BOTH of them also sucks. And the fact the horde one is a friggin trike also sucks.

So all in all, yeah, I just don't like it at all. There is nothing redeeming about the whole affair. It's just a waste of time and resources that could've been spent elsewhere. They could've made 2 fancy new mounts for everyone to get.

I also really feel like despite who wins, at the end they're going to end up making both mounts anyway and then acting like it was some big surprise for everyone instead of being the plan the entire time.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I watch this kind of reality show occasionally so I'd say it's about on par with that kind of thing.

Of course the payoff for that type of show is the end result and we've barely seen any work done yet so I'll have to reserve judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it because I'm a fan of the fabrication basis of these types of shows. Its the reason I know who Paul Jr is even though I don't particularly care about choppers at all. I watched OCC because of the creativity and engineering that they put into their work. The "drama" is silly and most of the finished products are super gaudy, but the wrench pulling is top notch and no one can really deny that or companies as big as Blizzard wouldn't go to them.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast