Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell without being on the model, but I see my favorite faces in there and they look pretty damn decent.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Hard to tell without being on the model, but I see my favorite faces in there and they look pretty damn decent.
    Is the updated Nelf female model in the alpha yet?

the hair is the "scalp hair" that is part of the model and that the actual hair style is placed over. You can see it sometimes when the hair or helm bugs out for some reason and your character appears "bald" but with a flat hair texture on their heads. That texture is the hair we see above. it acts as a base and as a "hair under the helm" effect for the helms which show a bit of hair in bits and corners.

i really like the new facial tattoo's, i one especially that i want to try out.

Deleted
    Would love the chance to take a look at the different faces placed on their 3D model, honestly.

They are looking really interesting so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited to see the Blood Elves now.
    Anyone still think the faces by themselves like this is a little creepy?
    Kinda reminds me of some of those face movies or shows. :K
    For the Horde!

Dat Druid of the Flame skin.

I swear to god, stop teasing us with what could amount to awesome sub race opportunities, please, I don't think I can handle any more.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Now these ones look actually pretty good in terms of 'same-face'. They are even adjusting the eyesize with the skins as it seems.

Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Now these ones look actually pretty good in terms of 'same-face'. They are even adjusting the eyesize with the skins as it seems.

Yeah, if you side by side them you can see that even though they fit the same model, the use of shading, laugh lines and wrinkles really conveys different emotions, just like the current ones do. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the model itself.
    You just lost The Game

That weird klein bottle shape makes the faces all look like Hutts.

Or like, a really fat Twi-lek.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Druids of the Flame from Firelands and Hyjal.
    Yeah the skins apply to custom NPCs as well, not just playable characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    It's a separate thing. It occupies the slot that on most races is piercings, or facial hair on males.

I have to wonder, why are they making the hair colours so dull compared to the old ones?

The colours of the face markings are different as well. Mine on the old model are blue shading into purple/red, but the closest match here is just solid purple.

It might seem like a minor thing, but there's no reason why they can't match the colours better than that. It should be easy.
    They seems to be going for that whole dense feel with all models including weapons. Its a shame too because the Draenei need to have that shiny and glowy look and Night Elves in their hair and eyes too.

But it seems that the noses and eyes are quiet visibly different, I hope this translates well on the 3D model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to wonder, why are they making the hair colours so dull compared to the old ones?

The hair textures here are just the base ones that are flat against the character's head. The 3d hairstyles that you can actually see won't be so dark. If you look at the NEs in the Artcraft and compare her green hair with the green hair here, you can see the Artcraft hair is brighter and truer to the original color. I'm not really sure why they look so dark here though, I guess it has to do with shading and to add depth. It's a bit weird that they don't have the DK only hair colors here even though they have the DK skins. I really wish the DK only hair colors were made available for non DKs, they don't look old and rotten like the skins, especially that bright magenta haircolor

I like that it seems like they are making the eyes change shape depending on the face, which I didn't think they would. My NE uses that scowling face and I didn't notice it was scowling until recently, but I liked it because the eyes were small and serious looking which I thought looked nicer than big doe-eyes. I was afraid my NE would lose her mean eyes but these textures show that they are trying to keep them which I'm really happy about. The Artcraft had me worried because she looked so happy and cutesy but I want my NE to look like a graceful and badass Amazon, this reassures me that she still will be

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moisturize me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah the skins apply to custom NPCs as well, not just playable characters.
    Indeed, although we can transform into a druid of the flame with Leyara's Locket. So we can enjoy this skin too, even if temporarily
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

All i can think of is from Dr Who: Moisturize me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh crap.... I have a really bad feeling my main will have green skin after the update The skincolour I chose for her, has a slight tone of green in it, but much more subtle. I am just really hoping that's not gonna be her new colour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Death Knight
    Oh, thanks. Doh. Totally forgot about that.

Also, doesn't seem like the face I have on her(my main) is available yet. Atleast I cannot recognize any of these faces as hers.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a separate thing. It occupies the slot that on most races is piercings, or facial hair on males.

The colours of the face markings are different as well. Mine on the old model are blue shading into purple/red, but the closest match here is just solid purple.

It might seem like a minor thing, but there's no reason why they can't match the colours better than that. It should be easy.
    I see there are some minor differences, but I actually think it will look much better when we get to see it on the actual model. These things tie together to create a whole picture, so might just look weird now on first sight and when misplaced into... Well, whatever to call these previews :P .

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaraki View Post
    All i can think of is from Dr Who: Moisturize me!
    Shush you bitchy trampoline!

Have they stated yet, if we get the opportunity to change the appearance one more time for free, once it launches?

I literally can't tell which Night Elf texture is mine? D:
    My character has the fuller, rounder dark lips with the asian-like eyes, but I don't see that on any of these? Rather I can't tell the difference in relation to current model - they all look diff but not anything like the old one from what I'm looking at.

This one:

Anyone wanna help me out and tell me which one it is? S:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Dat Druid of the Flame skin.

I swear to god, stop teasing us with what could amount to awesome sub race opportunities, please, I don't think I can handle any more.
    i might even reroll alliance for this