Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    JamesP: "Trust me. I know ALL about Unity. I'm a Developer who uses Unity extensively."

Trust me, .

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    Trust me, .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Stupid morons!!!!!!

Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-07-11 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    They really are out of monies

Community Update #4

They want model size scaling to affect your stats. Oh, it is to laugh...

Character models are done, eh? You finally figured out how to import the pre-renders?

They originally only asked for 40k. Then they got sucked into the idiot idea of doing Dragons too, and allowed more feature creep, yet somehow got 67k, but then totally screwed up the second KS.

From where I stand, as someone who was there from 2002 on, I just don't know what motivates them now. I don't understand why they don't see that they simply don't have the chops for this kind of thing. If there are skilled folks telling you that you don't even know what you don't know...that's a tell tale sign you might go down the humility road and figure some shit out.

As it was, I think they honestly thought they could just throw something together and it would work.

Yeah. Uhhhh. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post
    They originally only asked for 40k. Then they got sucked into the idiot idea of doing Dragons too, and allowed more feature creep, yet somehow got 67k, but then totally screwed up the second KS.

From where I stand, as someone who was there from 2002 on, I just don't know what motivates them now. I don't understand why they don't see that they simply don't have the chops for this kind of thing. If there are skilled folks telling you that you don't even know what you don't know...that's a tell tale sign you might go down the humility road and figure some shit out.

As it was, I think they honestly thought they could just throw something together and it would work.

Yeah. Uhhhh. No.
    Fornax.. what motivates them? They are doing none of the actual work and spending none of their own money. Brax posts on forums and has a weekly IRC meeting. The question is, what would ever stop him, why would he ever quit this charade when it is costing him nothing? There are a near infinite number of people who have downloaded Unity but have never made a game.. as one team realizes that Brax is full of shit and quits, he can just recruit new people to ´hey,wanna be a real game developer, no experience needed´. This is his chance to pretend to be someone important, he is RPing a game developer

In 2002-2015 (13 years) that's long time.

I would have given up and moved on.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, anything new on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post

Yeah. Uhhhh. No.
    I believe money is the motivation. Think of all the ways they tried to raise it. They only paid Teddy and everyone else gets equity (hahahahahahahaha) or is a volunteer. No spreadsheets or mention of personal funds.... And they denied investors (unbelievable) because they didn't want to give up 90% of nonsense.

Iirc, you were told to go away when it was clear you stopped donating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    So, anything new on this?
    Not much since 2002!
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-07-13 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Iirc, you were told to go away when it was clear you stopped donating.

No, he just agreed that I should probably take a break from the forums, as I had been sour and more than a tad bothered at their lack of awareness of reality. So, I volunteered that should stop going there, and he just agreed. And all of us were done with donations.

But I hear you. They dont want naysayers, just unicorn rainbow farts.

But they are trying to get the "community involved" with some sort of input about server shit now, as they say the forums are "quiet" of late. Jesus, dont they see that NO ONE is there now? They blew it and cannot admit it. That is the problem. They are just absolutely unaware of their incompetence.

I almost put up a sour as hell post myself. "Here is what my server would look like: NO SERVER AT ALL. Why? Because there WONT be any SERVERS. There is no code, no work, no game. Why in the hell should anyone plan or dream with you guys any longer.

You're frauds who cannot even see it."

But it would be deleted I am sure.

They already are. It's the 'pretend we can make a game' game. Brax and co. have been playing it for years. This is what, the third time? So far all they've managed to do is waste time and money on getting to call themselves game developers and enjoy some Internet worship from a rotating stable of fans. And all it cost them was other people's investments.

They'll keep puttering along, making their little weekly posts about insignificant accomplishments on the game progress, until they either a)hit a skill wall, b)the people doing the work quit, or c)they manage to scrape together something to put out for public scrutiny, whereby their sad little effort gets lambasted by the Internet at large.

At that point, if the people working on it don't quit, they'll keep trying to polish their turd until enough people give up they're forced to backtrack or restart their little game over again. And the cycle will repeat until the Stooges get tired of playing the game.

Don´t know how I missed this earlier.

You all remember the tutorial game I linked to before from Speed Tutorial.. not only can make a full game, but he is doing tutorials along the way. He is creating an island survival game that has chopping trees, items, inventory, fishing, trapping animals etc already in the game.. He has done all this in about 15-20 hours of videos where he walks you through everything and even writes out all the code. This is a project that was much further along than demo island.

Here is his video where he upgraded his entire game to Unity 5.... the video is 11 minutes. He also had a problem with the changes to the character controller.. which he fixed in those 11 minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtZ5TtxwPg

So, hold the phone. FC is doing a raffle? In other words, they're talking about doing a fundraiser; y'know, that thing they said they weren't going to do?

Well, color me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    So, hold the phone. FC is doing a raffle? In other words, they're talking about doing a fundraiser; y'know, that thing they said they weren't going to do?

Well, color me shocked.
    a raffle is a game, so people are paying to play a game.... exactly what Elyssia said. Of course the raffle is as close to a game as the 3 stoogies can probably create.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    a raffle is a game, so people are paying to play a game.... exactly what Elyssia said. Of course the raffle is as close to a game as the 3 stoogies can probably create.
    At this point I'd be surprised if they could play a game of Tag without requiring NDA's and a cash shop first...

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    At this point I'd be surprised if they could play a game of Tag without requiring NDA's and a cash shop first...
    Well at least they won't have servers to learn how to turn on for Tag...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    To do research for Raknar tag, they decided to go touch a bunch of spiders IRL so they could get the 'real experience'. All of this of course because Brax was discussing with his wife what it would be like to play tag with a spider, at which point she dropped him off in a field in the middle of nowhere and told him she'd pick him up later.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    A raffle is a game, sure; but the very definition of a raffle is: "a means of raising money by selling numbered tickets, one or some of which are subsequently drawn at random, the holder or holders of such tickets winning a prize".

In other words, a fundraising activity that is being targeted at their supporters. That it is also a game doesn't change the fact that this is another example of FC saying one thing, then doing the opposite.

I do agree with your assessment regarding the Three Stooges and this raffle.

Here's this week's (not) Dev blog

YEVI
    I am still working on the design of the master server. I have been drawing diagrams which help developers define a solution. I am using UML (Unified Modeling Language) which defines a set of diagram types and elements. By using UML, it helps a creator deal with the whole problem in rough terms. One is more likely to get the whole solution instead of just a part. Plus it helps you focus on one level instead of getting bogged down by details for only one part.

I started by listing the things a player would need to do to get logged in and playing on a server instance. This first diagram is called a Use Case diagram. Once I had that, I started working on a Sequence Diagram for each use case. A sequence diagram show the timing of different actions and assigns responsibility for the results of that action to a particular piece of the program. These are what I am currently working on. Once these are done, I will have a set of pieces that are involved in the connection process that I can the break down further into programming blocks called classes.

By using this approach, it helps the brain think of new things to consider. So, as I create sequence diagrams, I am modifying the use case diagram. That in turn may identify a new sequence.
    I love this Yevi guy. So much gooblygoopgoop and useless buzz-words that signify he does nothing at the end of the day.