Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm can't guess what that video is, but NWO already has a dragon humanoid race. So...Idk. They fail again? Lol.
    It was an April Fool's video they did for Neverwinter last year about playable dragons. Love the Dragon with the hat and the Dragon on the mount.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It was an April Fool's video they did for Neverwinter last year about playable dragons. Love the Dragon with the hat and the Dragon on the mount.
    Ah, hehe. Odd that they did an april fools with playable dragons when they have humanoid dragons, but still funny. I'll have to give it a watch at home.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yawwwn, 1 month went by and still nothing ~ this plan is starting to sound as good as Azrile evidence already xD
    LOL. I am sorry, but you were not one of the people who donated $500 to see my evidence. You will just have to wait for the leaks to occur from our hundreds of happy fans who are already seeing ´the evidence´

- - - Updated - - -

It was like Blizzard´s April fools jokes the last few years.. they had to make it really obvious it was a joke because otherwise you would have players crying about promises in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    because otherwise you would have players crying about promises in a few months.
    In some cases, "minutes". Even still, at least Blizz's April Fool's jokes have seen more life than ToA has or probably ever will.

Ah, hehe. Odd that they did an april fools with playable dragons when they have humanoid dragons, but still funny. I'll have to give it a watch at home.
    That's because there's a huge world of difference between Dragonborn and the true Dragons. Kinda like the difference between a Firecracker and a MOAB.

It's one of humanity's more interesting traits, people want to believe the best in others, and they want to believe they are special, or just lucky.
    No, it's desire for wealth driven by greed and ambition.

Someone really is just offering them a great deal, someone really does just need this little bit of help and you'll get back a hundredfold what you put in. It's much like how war brings out the best and worst in people, because we do the most horrible things for the noblest of reasons.
    I don't see nobility. They support toa because they want that new toy, not because they give a shit about Brax.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how they talk about playing other games as 'training' for ToA. They'll get playable dragons about the same time Neverwinter does.
    Lol training for walking in tech demo and pre-pre-pre-alpha. Work those thumb muscles! Feel the pain! Go on a strict diet of cheezie-poofs and pizza pops!

How does one train for "original" game play and gank-victimization?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    No, it's desire for wealth driven by greed and ambition.
    That's often an element, in some cases the primary element, but some people really are just a sucker for a good sob story. As was stated so well by Steve Buscemi in his role of Enoch 'Nucky' Thompson in Boardwalk Empire, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

I don't see nobility. They support toa because they want that new toy, not because they give a shit about Brax.
    I wasn't speaking of ToA fans, just humanity in general.

Lol training for walking in tech demo and pre-pre-pre-alpha. Work those thumb muscles! Feel the pain! Go on a strict diet of cheezie-poofs and pizza pops!

How does one train for "original" game play and gank-victimization?
    They were talking about other games with playable dragons. Istaria, I think it was? That's what I was referencing.

I love Talon-Thorn; "Does anyone actually come here to say something useful, helpful, or encouraging, or is it all about acting knowledgeable about something they've never actually tried to do themselves? (Yes, they're making a MMO, not just writing a program as many of you have done.) I pity you and those who have to live around you, crushers of dreams."

WE NEED MORE POSITIVE THINKING GUISE! STOP SPREADING THE NEGATIVE ENERGY! IT'S GONNA RUIN THE DEVELOPMENT!

Honestly, people have pointed out SEVERAL problems and offered SEVERAL solutions, yet he claims that this is a whinefest?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    what a moron that guy =/
    Brax alt confirmed, he's whining cos everyone's not falling all over themselves at his shitty screenshots anymore.

More seriously, they're NOT making an MMO. They're sitting around dreaming up ideas about an MMO. MAKING an MMO would involve actual work like PROGRAMMING. They're still holding up their little piece of construction paper with MMO written on it going 'Mommy mommy I wanna dollah!'

Brax alt confirmed, he's whining cos everyone's not falling all over themselves at his shitty screenshots anymore.
    If he is a Brax alt, then this has got to be the best example -ever- of how not to devalt, considering he's the guy who's hosting all that historical stuff we just recently came across; stuff that does not paint Brax and FC in any kind of flattering light.

What blows my mind is how Talon doesn't appear to make the mental hop between then and now when he's been in possession of that info for a long time.

Best quote from the WOW patch notes ( April Fools)

All active World of Warcraft subscribers are now also game design interns. Please be sure to use the correct cover sheets for your DPS reports. Also, we're gonna need you to come in on Saturday, mm'kay?

You see, Brax was right.... WOW is stealing his idea to call everyone a developer and make forum volunteers do all the work for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    I love Talon-Thorn; "Does anyone actually come here to say something useful, helpful, or encouraging, or is it all about acting knowledgeable about something they've never actually tried to do themselves? (Yes, they're making a MMO, not just writing a program as many of you have done.) I pity you and those who have to live around you, crushers of dreams."
    It's great that he doesn't see the irony there. Have any of the "CEOs" even written a program?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It's great that he doesn't see the irony there. Have any of the "CEOs" even written a program?
    If [cheetos] = 1, then <eat>
    If [cheetos] = 0, then <generate>cash shop item

*Disclaimer*: I have absolutely no programming experience or knowledge, just that conditional statements are a thing. Please don't correct my 'code'
    BAD WOLF

If [cheetos] = 1, then <eat>
    If [cheetos] = 0, then <generate>cash shop item

*Disclaimer*: I have absolutely no programming experience or knowledge, just that conditional statements are a thing. Please don't correct my 'code'
    That's more coding than the three devs have done in their entire life.

For those that like that 3d Mario clone... Nintendo just shut it down

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/nin...roject.315680/

10+ Year Old Account
    I never backed greedmonger, always seemed too grand a scale for such a tiny team, but their facebook group went mental this morning and posted links to greedmonger being a scam http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...-inside.98177/ seems like a good bit of drama. I was very close to backing this game too, one bullet dodged.

That's a good bit of drama blowing up there, and I only skimmed the first page. As an aside, it looks like ToA is cooling down, they finally locked that thread about the failed Kickstarter where the uber Kool-Aid guzzlers kept defending the game and its chances.

Looks like the Greedmonger drama is about to heat up again:

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/sho...g-Greed-Monger

I swear, reading over the last few years of history surrounding Greedmonger, and it is almost word for word and plot-for-plot identical to ToA's history.

I mentioned Greedmonger earlier in this thread. My quick take

James is honest, skilled, but just in over his head. He did a lot of work, but as I mentioned earlier, he also did the ´circle of death´ as I called it earlier. They start out in Unity, then realize Unity is crap for making MMORPGs, so they switch to Hero Engine... realize it is hard as fuck... then they go back to Unity in the hopes that they can show enough so they don´t get called out on their overhyping what they probably won´t be able to deliver.

Along the way, James got pulled into the ´ buy a kit on Unity to make a MMORPG´.. but after buy it, he had enough skills to realize it would never work like they were selling it.

the drama and history is very similar to ToA, but I think James is a bit more honest and skilled. He is more like what would happen if Teddy was the one trying to make ToA. But at the same time, he also got suckered into working with a con artist ( only 1, not 3).

Anyone with any amount of knowledge knew Greedmonger was never going to be made, the same way we knew ToA was never going to be made. The difference is that James was actually trying. I also found it amusing that the ´money-man´ of Greedmonger was also getting conned out of money by contract workers the same way Brax kept getting screwed over by people. Here is a clue, when you just open your wallet and have no clue what you are talking about, people are going to take advantage of you.. It is just nice that the people getting screwed over were the idiots who deserved it.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing I hate most about this is that some of those assets that are being shown were bought from the Unity Store.. and the artists did an amazing job.. but forever those art assets are tainted because GreedMonger used them so much in their promotions.

The priest guy on their home page, Mister Natavious armor horse... All of that stuff is high quality stuff made by really good artists..
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-04-04 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The priest guy on their home page, Mister Natavious armor horse... All of that stuff is high quality stuff made by really good artists..
    *cough cough*Azrileisashillgettingakickbackforthat*cough cough*