The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    So temperature and weather's a thing now?
    When you are building a game out of dreams, but not actually programming it, anything is possible. It's like some sad nerd's version of Field of Dreams.
    BAD WOLF

Look back at their old chat logs sometime and see the reams of crazy shit they wanted to incorporate. Compared to what they keep talking about now, it's almost feasible.

Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    now = 2026
    Yeah, we were talking about that this weekend. Gaming tech changes pretty fast and we already supposedly saw it happen with ToA where they had a prototype game completely done in 2006 (if you believe them). But they had to start over.

Wasting 5 months doesn´t seem like a big deal, but they are now getting to the point where they are going to have to reasonably expect to need upgrade to Unity 6 and maybe Unity 7 before launch. One of the big things coming in Unity 6 is going to be a new networking infrastructure, which will probably negate everything they have already done.

You do have to launch a game within a window, or risk using obsolete tech or redoing a lot of your work. When people talk about MMORPGs taking 4 years to build, they are talking about in-house engines where really smart people are updating the engine alongside the people who are actually building the game. If you are using an outside engine ( and this is even true of stuff like Atavism), the people developing the engine are not designing upgrades with your particular game in mind... so it is very easy to break your game by upgrading, or else just not upgrade and use old tech. For instance, if ToA cannot upgrade to Unity 5, that means they will be using their fake, graphic-card intensive version of physically based shaders, while Unity 5 and Unity 6 games are using the built-in physically based shaders that are optimized and efficient and really easy to use.

THIS JUST IN:
    "Stupid people throw away money then get mad and outraged when they actually realize they were stupid."

And it seems psycho PvP guy is all in favor of zergs despite all his other rants about griefing...

But yeah, it's back to wishes and dreams about shit that'll never happen cos the game won't get made in the first place.

Deleted
    Still amazing that people discuss things that are seriously years away if it was a real competent dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I.... I did not get it...

That's because I posted it in the wrong thread xD
    This was supposed to be in the bundles thread but I guess I opened the wrong tab, sorry about that! xD
    Haha no worries, I was thinking "Man, did ToA really get into Steam or something???" but I could not find them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Haha no worries, I was thinking "Man, did ToA really get into Steam or something???" but I could not find them :P
    Same here man. I was expecting some wild scam or something :P

I thought it was going to be a shameless plug, I'm glad I was wrong on that!
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Does anyone else find Elyssia´s comment interesting? Looks like they are going to be selling pre-orders 5 years in advance of launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Does anyone else find Elyssia´s comment interesting? Looks like they are going to be selling pre-orders 5 years in advance of launch.
    Remember that release roadmap that said Beta 2016, Release 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Remember that release roadmap that said Beta 2016, Release 2017?
    well, between losing Teddy and the rest of their dev team for a second time... and now having two new devs who never made a game before... and the final admittance of the 3 stoogies that they can´t make a game and have no gamemaking skills... I think even Toran-Koolaid would not expect anything playable in 5 years. I also would be willing to bet that everything Teddy did accomplish is gone. 5 months without even a peep of allowing anyone on dev island again.

but hey.. pre-orders coming soon!!!

well, between losing Teddy and the rest of their dev team for a second time... and now having two new devs who never made a game before... and the final admittance of the 3 stoogies that they can´t make a game and have no gamemaking skills... I think even Toran-Koolaid would not expect anything playable in 5 years. I also would be willing to bet that everything Teddy did accomplish is gone. 5 months without even a peep of allowing anyone on dev island again.

but hey.. pre-orders coming soon!!!
    Hey man you just have to wait for the "PLAN" okay? When the "PLAN" is out you'll change your tune! I love how they are talking about dragons and dragon game play....again. It's like holy shit people, you had a terrible demo island. There was nothing even hinting that these clueless idiots are even close to getting a dragon anywhere near that game. And that was the old programmer. Now we have 2 people that have never made a game before. Fun times.

.......and already so invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hey man you just have to wait for the "PLAN" okay?
    Plan A - We are going to get an investor to give us a million dollars so we can hire people to make the game

Plan B - We are going to do a Kickstarter for $750,000 so we can hire people to make the game

Plan C - We are going to open a cash-shop, so we can hire a person to make a video, which we will use to do a kickstarter so we can hire people to make the game

Plan D - We are going to sell pre-orders of the game, and use the money to hire people to make the game.

Edit - I just looked at MMORPG.com You remember, the site that last year at this time was getting dozens of posts per day, all with perfect, flowering english.. all praising the game... It has not had a single post in 3 months.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-26 at 01:09 AM.

Plan A - We are going to get an investor to give us a million dollars so we can hire people to make the game

Plan B - We are going to do a Kickstarter for $750,000 so we can hire people to make the game

Plan C - We are going to open a cash-shop, so we can hire a person to make a video, which we will use to do a kickstarter so we can hire people to make the game

Plan D - We are going to sell pre-orders of the game, and use the money to hire people to make the game.

Edit - I just looked at MMORPG.com You remember, the site that last year at this time was getting dozens of posts per day, all with perfect, flowering english.. all praising the game... It has not had a single post in 3 months.
    Plan E- hire a new social media team to generate Hype and false hope about the game. THEN start a new scheme to generate money.

The reason the plan is taking so long to be announced is Brax is having a hard time coming up with a legal way to make a pre-order a donation.

It's also been almost a month since the We're continuing development post was made, where they introduced Sims and Maddox (It's not me I swear by the Old Gods and the New!). Still no sign of anything, no progress, no screens, no updates, nothing.

"BUT WE ARE NOT VAPORWARE!"