Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Worst part is I think some have been holding onto the idea of the game for so long now that they think if they just keep going, they'll get what they want. I mean, its not like they haven't stripped everything back from being an MMO already or anything.... right? They want to sell one game to fund the other but they can't even produce that first game after a decade >_>
    And all they have to show right now is just concept art and a bunch of models. There's no gameplay at all.

Isn't that a move backwards? o.O Considering they had that demo island and all...
    I know they apparently went back to the beginning because they couldn't use Teddy's code or whatever but... how do they not have any gameplay at all...
    Possible reasons:
    - they hire unskilled modellers.
    - they hire unskilled developers.
    - they hire unskilled artists...

The very bottom kind of people...

The new developers, they are skilled enough to do simple things that ToA developers can't do.

Gameplay takes real knowledge, real work and time, the sort of thing most people aren't going to do unless they're being compensated for their effort, actual hard cash compensation and not promises of future shares.

The Stooges have shown they can't/won't do any real coding of their own. The only person who did any actual work before was Teddy, as he was paid to. Everything else was aborted mock-ups designed to put on a smoke and mirrors show and get them money to fund their pipe dream of an MMO.

And right now that's about all they're doing again. Maybe the assets(and I use the term loosely)can be applied, but right now they're building a house by getting appliances and fixtures together. Yeah, that's nice, but you have to dig a foundation and, you know, actually build a frame for all the plumbing, electrical, HVAC and interior work before appliances and fixtures really do you any good. Something they just keep dancing around, while pretending they're making progress.

I think their idea of ´programming´ experience is HTML... using weebly

Isn't that a move backwards? o.O Considering they had that demo island and all...
    I know they apparently went back to the beginning because they couldn't use Teddy's code or whatever but... how do they not have any gameplay at all...
    "$72k's worth of work" trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by ToA
    Before we dive into discussion on AI, I want to make it clear that this particular aspect of design is still very malleable and will likely be something we modify as development progresses. This is how our designers envision things working at this time. It is very likely that when our programmers get to actually programming the AI, they will figure out a more efficient way of achieving the same results.
    It is to lulz. That's marketing-speak for 'we'll never actually make it work like this so we'll do as little as we have to and call it efficient'. I can't help but picture mob cut-outs running around in circles on a track making squeaky-gear noises.

It seems they never heard of 'server-side AI' ?

A MMO server needs to control around 2,000 NPCs, enemies per location. How are you going to do that with Unity? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    It seems they never heard of 'server-side AI' ?

A MMO server needs to control around 2,000 NPCs, enemies per location. How are you going to do that with Unity? ...
    Oh, pshaw! That's a later problem, for when they have all teh monies from selling their host-your-own version of ToA. TEH EPIC MMO will come once this is the huge success every real gamer out there is salivating for but somehow every other game company in the world is too stupid to make for them.

These guys probably haven't coded a single game engine thing. Just played around with default tools and fiddled with model-making.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I wonder why my browser is saying that is an "untrusted connection."
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Hmm, so it is. It wasn't doing it the other day. Whaddya know, the Internet has become self-aware and sees through their bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I wonder why my browser is saying that is an "untrusted connection."
    Because this:

www.trialsofascension.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 18:59.

Quote Originally Posted by DCMonkey View Post
    Keep diggin that hole James, good god.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Keep diggin that hole James, good god.
    That guy must crave any attention or drama he can get. How stupid to try and bring that game back to...well I'd say life but that isn't applicable since that game was DoA.

And it'll be the same old shit as before. 'I have friends and helpers and people who support me and I don't care what anyone says cos I have a vision and this is totally going to happen just like all my other projects!' He'll take his Internet beating for a week, then disappear for a few months until his narcissistic ass demands more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by DCMonkey View Post

This is getting sick, how many times has he quit and come back? Has anyone else read the comments there? They're entertaining. Is he trying to reinvent himself as JimProctor? People haven't forgotten about "Fake it til you make it!" and won't want anything to do with him or his projects.

Lol strangesands says "Greed Monger: the Energizer Bunny of Failure."
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-01-09 at 04:10 AM.

Deleted
    Website is offline, we're off to a good start!

Deleted
    There must always be a Greedmonger.

Deleted
    Holy shit, this is still happening?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Holy shit, this is still happening?
    More likely its still NOT happening, as far as producing any kind of game goes.