Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Beta Servers Live, Beta Invites, Faction Cities Moved to Ashran

Warlords of Draenor Beta Begins Friday, Priest Tier 17, Blue Posts and Tweets, Comic

Warlords of Draenor Beta Servers Live
    The beta servers are now active and alpha characters have been wiped, but the intro experience isn't open just yet.

Faction Cities Moved to Ashran
    Mumper let everyone know last night that the faction cities that were originally supposed to be in Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley were moved to just outside of Ashran. This has led to a long discussion on the forums.

Warlords of Draenor Beta Invites
    Bashiok answered a few questions about this invite wave on Twitter.

• Invites in this wave were targeted to WoW Veterans rather than being random. Not every veteran will get an invite in this wave.
    • Both US and EU players were invited in this wave.
    • PAX keys are not enabled yet.
    • You don't need to be subscribed to the game currently to get an invite.

Warlords of Draenor Alpha Characters Wiped
    If you had alpha access, you will find that all of your characters have been wiped. If you are in beta, you may be able to copy your Live account data and characters after maintenance is complete.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-06-27 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Pax keys yet? Le disappointed.

As a huge fan of the Draenei, this is extremely disappointing news. Not that this would convince me to quit the game, but I haven't played in quite a while and was looking forward to spending time in a populated Karabor to draw me back in.

So having an wow account from 2005 on bnet can boost chance to get invited slightly?

Deleted
    This has led to a long discussion on the forums
    Where the vast majority agree that it is a very bad change, never thought I would see the way when most people agree on something here.

Fuck you blizzard. I'm disappointed.

What happened to the capitals? BSF and Karabor were reallly cool. Man that is disappointing.

I was looking forward to have Karabar as the main Alliance city. Bad decision.

You can actually teleport to the relative starting area from a Dark Portal portal in the Eastern/Western Shrines (Cataclysm portal areas).

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's extremely disappointing... I wonder what their reasoning is behind doing this.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Where the vast majority agree that it is a very bad change, never thought I would see the way when most people agree on something here.
    While that appears to be the case from skimming the thread, forums represent a minority of WoW players and may not be indicative of a general consensus (most players overall may be indifferent)

Also most of the discussion appears to be based on a gut reaction to the change rather than any kind of in depth analysis or reasoning.

There are pro's and con's to the change, as with any change. Though the idea of such beautiful areas serving as our new capitals is certainly something to miss should they stay with this new design decision.

I would personally like to keep Bladespire and Karabour as our capitals though I can understand some of the implied reasons for the change (They haven't given us much to go on other than a few tweets)

So what exactly are Bladespire and Karabor going to be now? There's no raids or dungeons located there and no cities so.. a simple quest hub? Seems like a lot of work to make those places just for a few quests.

Also, we haven't seen anything at all for these "new" capital cities, does that mean the game is going to get further delayed so they can create new hubs from the ground up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well my account is from 2005 but i'm not playing right now. In-active since january , do inactive accounts get beta invites? Never was inactive during a beta period so i'm just curious .

oops. Overlooked the info on the frontpage
    You don't need to be subscribed to the game currently to get an invite.
    . =D
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2014-06-27 at 04:59 PM.

Blizzard just went full retard.

I don't want to be "that guy" to say this, but I'm not shocked by the change in capital location. As from the beginning Horde players were whining about the Alliance getting Karabor for an capital and in alot of Horde players words "we get to be an cave".

You don't need to be subscribed to the game currently to get an invite.
    Don't like this. :/ I think people with current active accounts should get priority since we are obviously playing right now and not on a break! :c If someone has an inactive account they are probably too busy or bored with WoW to care about a beta key. :c

10+ Year Old Account
    THAT is Khadgar?? Outrageous! His beard should reach at least to the waist ... and where is his sword??

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lithxe View Post
    Don't like this. :/ I think people with current active accounts should get priority since we are obviously playing right now and not on a break! :c If someone has an inactive account they are probably too busy or bored with WoW to care about a beta key. :c
    Giving keys to people who don't currently play gives another side of feedback. How can I put this without sounding rude... If you're still subscribed now you're probably either a very casual raider or the type that just goes along with whatever Blizz does. You're likely the kind of player whose feedback will be "Oh, cool!" whereas the ones who are not currently subscribed are more likely to find fault with the game I would imagine.

Also, it's a ploy to get people who aren't currently subbed interested again. It may even make people who are not subbed sub as WoW is back in their head again.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's up with all these bad design changes? I wasn't looking forward to WoD to begin with, but the things I was interested in are slowly being taken away. At this rate there won't be anything to look forward to.

I got one! Kind of surprised, I think this is the first time I've got in right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLive View Post
    As a huge fan of the Draenei, this is extremely disappointing news. Not that this would convince me to quit the game, but I haven't played in quite a while and was looking forward to spending time in a populated Karabor to draw me back in.
    Agree Mike, I was really looking forward to RPing there. Though I have a feeling it'll still be popular for RP realms.