Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

GW2: S02E03 The Dragon's Reach - Part 1

Time for the next episode. Live on July 29.

Wha... what is happening! NOOOOO
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Beat me to it :P

a new dungeon path is overdue...

Now what is Rytlock doing? What the...

At some point, Magdaer and its sister, Sohothin (the fiery sword Rytlock is wielding), were given as gifts to the Ascalonian royal line to ensure continued peace. In the concluding battle of the charr invasion of Ascalon, King Adelbern used the sword to cast the Foefire, an extremely powerful spell that wiped out the city's invaders and raised the fallen Ascalon Army into spectral undeath, shattering the sword in the process. It is said that if either Magdaer or Sohothin returns to Ascalon City in the hands of rightful king of Ascalon, then the Ascalonian spirits will finally be put to rest.

In 1325 AE, Eir Stegalkin retrieved Magdaer from the Ascalon Catacombs, intending to have it reforged for Logan Thackeray. The sword has not been seen since.
    Wiki

about Sohothin:
    Sohothin is a legendary sword wielded by the charr hero Rytlock Brimstone. Like its "sister", Magdaer, it is a powerful holy artifact of Orrian origin, given to Ascalonian royalty as a gift of peace. Its last human owner was Prince Rurik, who was killed near the Frost Gate, and whose reanimated corpse was forced to fight for Vizier Khilbron near Abaddon's Mouth. There, Rurik was finally laid to rest, and the volcano erupted soon after. How the sword came into the possession of Rytlock is unknown, though Logan Thackeray claims he looted it from Ascalon.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-07-22 at 01:23 PM.

... but Rytlock isn't the rightful king of Ascalon, is he? And if not, doesn't that mean something bad will probably happen instead?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    ... but Rytlock isn't the rightful king of Ascalon, is he? And if not, doesn't that mean something bad will probably happen instead?
    That's the big question

Are we supposed to recognize the NPCs that seem to be in conflict with Destiny's Edge? Looks like Rytlock was arguing with someone, and someone was about to get face-stomped by Eir.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

It is said that if either Magdaer or Sohothin returns to Ascalon City in the hands of rightful king of Ascalon, then the Ascalonian spirits will finally be put to rest.
    Wait a minute, Ascalon was Charr land long before humans set foot in there... could it be that Rytlock is the rightful king?

- - - Updated - - -

Are we supposed to recognize the NPCs that seem to be in conflict with Destiny's Edge? Looks like Rytlock was arguing with someone, and someone was about to get face-stomped by Eir.
    Braham and Roxx, you don't know them yet?

So hyped for this patch! I can't wait to see Eir and Braham talk! Just talking to Eir again is going to be great! HYPE!!

Have you done living story this last year or so? You should at least recognize Braham and Rox.

That being said, who is the old grumpy looking asuran glaring at Taimi?
    Last edited by Zdrasti; 2014-07-22 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Braham and Roxx, you don't know them yet?
    Sadly no, only up to level 51 and haven't done any of the story dungeons yet.

EDIT: oh wait, these were the ones hanging out outside of Lion's Arch at the end of the first Season, right? Ok, I have "met" them. Just didn't recognize them.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2014-07-22 at 01:38 PM.

EDIT: oh wait, these were the ones hanging out outside of Lion's Arch at the end of the first Season, right? Ok, I have "met" them. Just didn't recognize them.
    Well that would explain why you don't know much about them =) Season 0 (personal story) focused on Destiny's edge. Season 1 instead focused on a different set of characters, all related in a way to Destiny's edge characters. Season 2 is just starting and judging from this video, it's going to incorporate both.

Braham is Eir's son (They don't get along), and Roxx was doing missions for Rytlock to get into his Warband (She forsook her duties to help Braham when he was injured.) They are Pals and part of the Players Party.

is this Vine-corrupted area Diessa Plateau?? So Mordremoth invades Charr territory... this could turn some other dragon angry.

Relevant?:
    From the blogpost "What Scarlet Saw"

The forces that push us this way or that can be redirected. They can be set against one another to the detriment of both, and now I know how.
    Source

In the blogpost it looked like this is about the Pale tree Sylvari vs. Nightmare Court, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-07-22 at 02:00 PM.

This story is getting better and better. There was a book that you can read in Cavern of the Shining Lights that theorizes that ghosts are nothing but small pockets of free magical energy. And what is Ascalon filled with? I'm guessing Mordemoth is attacking Ascalon for the free magical energy from the human ghosts and Rytlock will try to cleanse Ascalon with his sword to stop the Mordremoth attacks. I suspect that won't go so well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    There was a book that you can read in Cavern of the Shining Lights that theorizes that ghosts are nothing but small pockets of free magical energy.
    A user on reddit has made some pics/an album:
    http://imgur.com/a/k120h

whoa, interesting!

It seems like destinys edge 2.0 is splitting up.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Don't know about splitting up, but that definitely looks interesting. I hope something awful happens to Rytlock. Vengeance for Rurik's sword!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Wait a minute, Ascalon was Charr land long before humans set foot in there... could it be that Rytlock is the rightful king?
    I considered it too but I think that prophecy means human king. Wiki says that http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Commander_Samuelsson is "descendant of the kings of Ascalon". However Adelbern (who was crowned despite not being next in line) didn't have kids other than Rurik that died in GW1 without leaving a child. Barradin (who "gave" the right to wear the crown to Adelbern) had a daughter named Althea (Rurik's 'girlfriend') but she died in GW1 as well. So... Samuelsson must be great-great-...-grandson of Barradin's brother who was dethtoned by Adelbern. Maybe we'll finally discover something about him.

Swear to god, if I have to walk everywhere because the waypoints are closed I am going to scream bloody murder. GW2 is a painful walking experience.