Quote Originally Posted by Arpexia View Post
    Thats because MM deal pure physical damage (besides Chimaera Shot) and after the last mindcontrol round in the koragh encounter no caster can hurt koragh because he have a big shield up (thats the part where caster will sacrifice themself to catch green orbs)

As marks you can hurt koragh (just stop using chimaera shot) even after the last shield that your raid dont get down
    Kargath =/= Koragh.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    For fights that give crazy damage boosts like on Kargath and Brackendick, MM is usually best because of how hard its abilities hit for. When you take into account execute phase with extra damage multipliers, the result can get pretty nuts. MM really is only competitive now with Surv because of its execute, imo.

Also for progression fights like Butcher, when you need burst damage to get to certain phases, MM is usually your go to spec because of its execute. You can help push by some fights if you use your proccs and CD's correctly with MM's execute which is unbeatable compared to the consistency of Surv during single target.
    This makes no sense tbh, SV gets the same damage boost as MM on Kargath. Only reason it's listed as preferred is being able to use Kill Shot before Kargath himself hits 35%.

The reason why MM is preferred on Bracken is because you can do CS>KS>KS before even 1 stack falls off, along with having actual CDs that bring massive burst with high stacks(had 25 stacks once with CDs+pot up, dat dips).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Kargath =/= Koragh.

This makes no sense tbh, SV gets the same damage boost as MM on Kargath. Only reason it's listed as preferred is being able to use Kill Shot before Kargath himself hits 35%.

The reason why MM is preferred on Bracken is because you can do CS>KS>KS before even 1 stack falls off, along with having actual CDs that bring massive burst with high stacks(had 25 stacks once with CDs+pot up, dat dips).
    How can you use KS on kargath before he hits 35%?

MM can pop cds at 100 favor and get substantially more out of that "phase".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    How can you use KS on kargath before he hits 35%?
    Tigers... 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    MM can pop cds at 100 favor and get substantially more out of that "phase".

- - - Updated - - -

Tigers... 10char
    Many guilds like ours completely ignore the Favor, it's useless except for ProPadders rank. If the fight had a significant berserk timer and was properly tuned, then maybe.

Pray tell me how you can not find MM movement superior when the penalty for moving is near non-existent in the grand scheme of things when it comes to actually killing the bosses while SV will constantly be bogged down having to try and finish casts?

Don't disagree for the sake of disagreeing, especially when you're gonna jump in, make your argument and then say that it's "not worth arguing about". Are you just trying to seem big, or something?
    I disagreed, made my argument and decided that ultimately we think the same thing - that MM is better for Mar'gok and so are its movement capabilities. Arguing over such petty thing as 'superior vs better' is simply stupid and cocks' fight. Also once again you shone with hypocrisy giving anecdotal evidence (please prove you will always lose at least one FS). Not to mention cheap and even more stupid provocation...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Many guilds like ours completely ignore the Favor, it's useless except for ProPadders rank. If the fight had a significant berserk timer and was properly tuned, then maybe.

Then maybe what?

So basically what you are trying to say is that spec choice for highest DPS doesn't matter (that's ignoring the fact that MM is clearly superior for tigers) because the fight doesn't have any DPS check.. K. Would you suggest I put SV/BM then just for the lols? Because it doesn't matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    I disagreed, made my argument and decided that ultimately we think the same thing - that MM is better for Mar'gok and so are its movement capabilities. Arguing over such petty thing as 'superior vs better' is simply stupid and cocks' fight. Also once again you shone with hypocrisy giving anecdotal evidence (please prove you will always lose at least one FS). Not to mention cheap and even more stupid provocation...
    It doesn't matter what you think if you think so for the wrong reasons. Then you're still wrong, at least when trying to explain shit to others on a forum.

There was no anecdotal evidence in the post other than the link (which I was reluctant to post in the first place but I underestimated the hunter forums' amount of idiots who would even bother pursuing it considering the rest of the post was completely sound), you're trying waaaay too hard with continuing the "Azor is wrong because I don't like him personally" trend.

Either you;

1) Provide a logical reason for thinking otherwise or
    2) Hard proof that it is otherwise.

I provided #1 to support my statement, all you've brought is insults.

Rest of your post is just childish bashing so yeah great contribution.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-01-08 at 09:36 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short simple question: I haven't played SV this expansion yet, but I'm wondering about the "MM for Progressing, SV for DPS" part. Anyone care to explain? Thanks.
    Last edited by Piene; 2015-01-08 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piene View Post
    Short simple question: I haven't played SV this expansion yet, but I'm wondering about the "MM for Progressing, SV for DPS part". Anyone care to explain? Thanks.
    SV has no on-demand burst and is pretty bad at short-term target switching but has bigger DPS in the end.

MM is a beast at on-demand burst and short-term target switching but has lower DPS in the end.

The on-demand burst/nuking parts are way more important for progression. DPS comes later.

Finally Finished Gold Cms, along with un-intentionally getting 2 realm best (Slag and Skyreach) by over 1 minute each. Would Highly recommend running MM/BM for Boss/ aoe trash pull respectively. Never ran BM for bosses (unless soem1 pulled boss during trash), as well as getting big agi proc trinkets, ie Coin and Pajeet's puzzle for the big burst. Kinda sucked starting pretty much every boss at 20-30 focus but delaying cds a few seconds usually worked out. feel free to ask any questions people looking for advice for gold CMs. Highly recommend Babyjace's CM guides

I think most of that has been common knowledge to anyone who's researched CM's a tiny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorban View Post
    Finally Finished Gold Cms, along with un-intentionally getting 2 realm best (Slag and Skyreach) by over 1 minute each. Would Highly recommend running MM/BM for Boss/ aoe trash pull respectively. Never ran BM for bosses (unless soem1 pulled boss during trash), as well as getting big agi proc trinkets, ie Coin and Pajeet's puzzle for the big burst. Kinda sucked starting pretty much every boss at 20-30 focus but delaying cds a few seconds usually worked out. feel free to ask any questions people looking for advice for gold CMs. Highly recommend Babyjace's CM guides
    You should post that in another thread. It's not what this one is for really.

I think most of that has been common knowledge to anyone who's researched CM's a tiny bit.
    Seriously, is your middle name 'asshole'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minigun View Post

But he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by minigun View Post
    You should post that in another thread. It's not what this one is for really.

Is your middle name 'insult'? You're magnificently antagonistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1prhCWO_518

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenexa View Post
    But he's right.
    But I didn't add smilies and hold his hand and hug him.

Azor 'Asshole' Tharion

What's the ideal time for the 2nd pot for SV for fights like Ogronn or Koragh where you dont have any buffs/burn phases to line it up with? So far I've just been doing it when I can get an entire BA or Crows. Would it make any significant difference if I lined it the scales proc instead ? (I don't think this would be the case but its still better to ask :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Lining it with BA + Crows is better than lining it up with a Scales proc, thing is that if you use the coin on CD it'll be lined up with Crows + BA anyway (well, maybe a bit off because of delays throughout the fight) and so a Scales proc is just a happy coincidence. There's not really any "reacting" to a proc from a random trinket, you're better off using it on cd while using it with Crows and BA. In an ideal situation, as said, that happens automatically.

The only time you should really delay a Coin for something is if you are 100% sure that you won't lose a usage by doing so, so for example if your coin CD comes off and there's 50 seconds till boss death (TimeToDie addon ftw) then you can safely delay it up to 30 seconds while waiting for whatever (a BA or Crows, mostly).

Don't have the coin. I'm using the heroic CMA. What you said will still hold good anyway. Guess i'll carry on with timing it with BA,AMoC and Berserking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Ah, yeah, it goes for pot as well. My b.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! /10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    So i got my new ring yesterday after raid but due to it beeing super late i havent tested it.
    But as far as i heared the 10% Procc is beeing calculated on your agility on procc or does it get updated if you get an trinket procc etc.?

As far as i heared if you push coin + potion = stronger ring procc (obviously)
    Or does Ring ignore temporary increased agility due to coin / potion / whatever?

100% Achievements - "Warlords of Draenor Edition" - 03.02.2016 - 05:52 CET
    Hunter Armory | Guild: Gambit (German) | Sellruns / Boosts (German)

Believe someone tested and it was dynamically updating if you got a trink proc.