Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post
    If you are spending up to a year arguing on a forum about wanting to get the best gear in the easiest contest, then i will call you a gearwhore, take it as an insult if you want.
    once again.
    heroic raids have the best gear.
    so what are you smoking if you think LFR has the best gear?

i will take it as an insult because it is one.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Are you seriously that ignorant that you can't tell the difference between playing an entirely new game and replaying a game you beat on a harder difficulty? The two aren't even remotely similar. Killing a boss for the first time and then killing that same boss again when he hits harder and has a couple additional moves does not give the same amount of excitement that going and fighting a brand new boss gives. There is a completely valid reason to be against multiple forms of the same encounters.
    Holy crap, THEN DON'T RAID IN LFR !! How many times does this have to be said? If you don't want to see the boss killed in an easier OPTIONAL skill level, then don't do it ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    once again.

Tier gear is the best gear, since the set bonus' is always very high boost to your dps/hps/survivability. Using full lfr gear with set bonus' is better than using full heroic off-piece gear because the tier bonus is worth much more than the actual stats(ilvl). Do you honestly not see a problem with this?
    Last edited by mmoc840776f426; 2014-08-25 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    If you don't like LFR, don't do it. If you are "hardcore" you don't need LFR, if you feel that you need to run it for the gear, you evidently aren't a hardcore raider. The biggest problem with LFR is that most people think they are better than they are, leading to them lording over others thinking LFR should be removed e.t.c. Basically, what I'm saying is, to 99% of you that wish for its removal, your wow life will consist of nothing more than 5man dungeons, just like it did in TBC.

It's that black and white.

What about the people who like do some pugs to get better than LFR gear and not heroic.

Why the fuck did they change WOTLK raiding system. Nothing wrong with it. Biggest mistake in WoW.

Tier gear is the best gear, since the set bonus' is always very high boost to your dos/hps/survivability. Using full lfr gear with set bonus' is better than using full heroic off-piece gear because the tier bonus is worth much more than the actual stats(ilvl). Do you honestly not see a problem with this?
    still not seeing heroic raid gear dropping in LFR. so LFR doesnt have the best gear.

LFR Tried to deliver a raid experience to the masses, and succeeded somewhat in that regard. It was a mistake in my opinion, normal mode raids were never that difficult, and where the "softcore" aspect of this game. Now its "softer core". It just adds a layer of false achievement to those people who can only play 1-2 Hours a night, while providing the rest of the masses with a cheap source of easy stepping stone gear. So long as it doesn't impact the rest of the game, don't see how it really matters. Its fine as long as it never effects the games balance.

Deleted
    still not seeing heroic raid gear dropping in LFR. so LFR doesnt have the best gear.
    Well good for you, i can confirm that you are indeed, not blind. That still doesn't change the fact that you can get better gear from lfr than you can from heroic raiding, if you are not first in line to get tier tokens. You do realize that only 4(?) drop from every boss right? if you somewhat in the middle of the loot distribution that would mean you need 3 weeks in order to START seeing some tier gear coming your way. If you are last man it could very well be several months before you see any heroic tier gear. So all these people now need to collect tier gear from easier settings. Aka. "forcing" them into doing lfr, which for some reason drops tier gear almost as strong as the hardest content in the game.

Blizzard knows that lfr in its current for is pest for the game, which is why they are doubling drop-rates so people wont spends months gearing up through lfr. Well guess what, with doubling the drop rate, tier gear and op trinket have absolutely no place in lfr, since you would be able to get a full set gear in an hour or so, only being slightly lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Perhaps the enhanced Group Finder in WoD will make things better but I have my doubts. The problem all along with starting your own group is still the mostly Catch-22 thing that if you don't have the experience or the achievement or the gear you have difficulties getting anyone to join your group and stay. And quite frankly if a player is in that position making them a raid/group leader is silly. Nothing is going to change in that regard. Blizzard still seems to be devoted to the idea that LFR is a gateway to higher levels of raiding. It's quaint but it's always been largely untrue and more so than ever in WoD.

Anyone that wants to go beyond LFR needs to be in a guild. Period. All of this fooling around with the raid systems is fixing symptoms without getting down to the real problem: guilds and the social structures that allow people to group together naturally.
    Completely agree, and is the one reason I won't be staying long in WoD. And all my friends and some of my acquaintances I have made in this game have said they will probably do the same. Level up, most likely do the MC LFR for mount and the BG, and then quit.
    For the past year and a half I have been guildless, and still been able to get full Flex and Normal in pugs (trying to get more HC kills beside the first 4), and let me tell you, its' damn taxing and stressful on my life. So I made up my mind.... NOPE!, never again with pugging through Oqueue and Openraid, and especially, I WON'T DO GUILDS EVER AGAIN. It's not worth it any longer. It's pitiful and outright disgusting there's so much emphasis on guilds and organised group content, it was that reason the friends that got me into this game quit during first month of Cata.

On the new group finder tool, I think will be a major flop. Feel seriously bad for those in LFR trying to into Flex pugs in the expac, will be even worse than it is now. A good example is when most times I go into LFR even on alt no more than LFR gear equipped, I get whispers with begs from people to take them into Flex (most likely inspected my achivs). I give them the advice of using Openraid or even Oqueue. The answers I get can mostly resemble something similar to these 3 ,
    1. Already tried that, no luck/takes too long
    2. Screw that/Screw those elitist dungholes
    3. No, plz YOU take me
    Since the group finder is basically ingame version of Openraid and Qoeue, and as you said, nothing will change and it will still be the same old.... Well maybe not, this time it will be more in the face for everyone, especially all that rejection for LFR and casual players. Won't be hard to imagine this will turn off casual players from raids and WoW itself in the end.
    And no, I won't ask them to join guilds. Them and me, I imagine, are on the same page on that one.
    Last edited by KrakinTauren; 2014-08-25 at 08:21 PM.

Well good for you, i can confirm that you are indeed, not blind. That still doesn't change the fact that you can get better gear from lfr than you can from heroic raiding, if you are not first in line to get tier tokens. You do realize that only 4(?) drop from every boss right? if you somewhat in the middle of the loot distribution that would mean you need 3 weeks in order to START seeing some tier gear coming your way. If you are last man it could very well be several months before you see any heroic tier gear. So all these people now need to collect tier gear from easier settings. Aka. "forcing" them into doing lfr, which for some reason drops tier gear almost as strong as the hardest content in the game.

Blizzard knows that lfr in its current for is pest for the game, which is why they are doubling drop-rates so people wont spends months gearing up through lfr. Well guess what, with doubling the drop rate, tier gear and op trinket have absolutely no place in lfr, since you would be able to get a full set gear in an hour or so, only being slightly lucky.
    newer tiers will always be better than older tiers.

Tier gear is the best gear, since the set bonus' is always very high boost to your dps/hps/survivability. Using full lfr gear with set bonus' is better than using full heroic off-piece gear because the tier bonus is worth much more than the actual stats(ilvl). Do you honestly not see a problem with this?
    Is this really the case? Not saying you are wrong but have people really done experiments on this? If so, I would like to have a look at their report on this. I always seen tier to give a percentage boost for one or more spells etc. While the higher item level gear gives a general stat boost across the board.

So you are saying that a LFR tier set that gives x% boost to just one or two skills, is better than a general stat boost from the higher item level gear?

First time I heard of this.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=KrakinTauren;29122166 snip [/QUOTE]
    While you are browsing that magic crystal ball of yours, could you fetch me the lottery numbers for next week?*
    I also find it kinda funny that all of your friends has set a date for when they are quitting, and its going to be just after new content arrives! lol
    No content for a year? "np"
    No tier-set in faceroll mode? "OMG I QUIT! fkin bluzzard caternining to elist!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    once again.

The bigger problem is the LFR gear looks exactly like the Heroic gear, just recolored. Now LFR gear looks like what it should be giving out.

LFR shared the exact same loot table as every other difficulty, which is where the you want the best loot for doing the easily content. Your get a weaker / dumb down version of the Heroic Loot. But it is still the same loot.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    newer tiers will always be better than older tiers.
    In mop, yes. Not in wod

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Is this really the case? Not saying you are wrong but have people really done experiments on this? If so, I would like to have a look at their report on this. I always seen tier to give a percentage boost for one or more spells etc. While the higher item level gear gives a general stat boost across the board.

So you are saying that a LFR tier set that gives x% boost to just one or two skills, is better than a general stat boost from the higher item level gear?

First time I heard of this.
    I might have said that a bit wrong, what i meant was that having 4t bonus(even from lfr) is ALWAYS better than having off-pieces for those 4 slots. Tier bonus often make a 20% dps increase. Getting 4 items that has 20-30 higher on armor pieces wont give that much.
    Last edited by mmoc840776f426; 2014-08-25 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakinTauren View Post
    Completely agree, and is the one reason I won't be staying long in WoD. And all my friends and some of my acquaintances I have made in this game have said they will probably do the same. Level up, most likely do the MC LFR for mount and the BG, and then quit.
    For the past year and a half I have been guildless, and still been able to get full Flex and Normal in pugs (trying to get more HC kills beside the first 4), and let me tell you, its' damn taxing and stressful on my life. So I made up my mind.... NOPE!, never again with pugging through Oqueue and Openraid, and especially, I WON'T DO GUILDS EVER AGAIN. It's not worth it any longer. It's pitiful and outright disgusting there's so much emphasis on guilds and organised group content, it was that reason the friends that got me into this game quit during first month of Cata.

On the new group finder tool, I think will be a major flop. Feel seriously bad for those in LFR trying to into Flex pugs in the expac, will be even worse than it is now. A good example is when most times I go into LFR even on alt no more than LFR gear equipped, I get whispers with begs from people to take them into Flex (most likely inspected my achivs). I give them the advice of using Openraid or even Oqueue. The answers I get can mostly resemble something similar to these 3 ,
    1. Already tried that, no luck/takes too long
    2. Screw that/Screw those elitist dungholes
    3. No, plz YOU take me
    Since the group finder is basically ingame version of Openraid and Qoeue, and as you said, nothing will change and it will still be the same old.... Well maybe not, this time it will be more in the face for everyone, especially all that rejection for LFR and casual players. Won't be hard to imagine this will turn off casual players from raids and WoW itself in the end.
    And no, I won't ask them to join guilds. Them and me, I imagine, are on the same page on that one.
    MMOs aren't suppose to be solo player experiences, your suppose to group up with people & play together that is the whole point of a MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

In mop, yes. Not in wod

I might have said that a bit wrong, what i meant was that having 4t bonus(even from lfr) is ALWAYS better than having off-pieces for those 4 slots. Tier bonus often make a 20% dps increase. Getting 4 items that has 20-30 higher o armor pieces wont give that much.
    Ya a 4-set out shined off peices for sure.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    The bigger problem is the LFR gear looks exactly like the Heroic gear, just recolored. Now LFR gear looks like what it should be giving out.

LFR shared the exact same loot table as every other difficulty, which is where the you want the best loot for doing the easily content. Your get a weaker / dumb down version of the Heroic Loot. But it is still the same loot.
    you mean shit looking gear? here we go again. LFR is shit so gear should look like shit.

Deleted
    you mean shit looking gear? here we go again. LFR is shit so gear should look like shit.
    No but it is not challenging by any means, and the rewards reflect that. It is really simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it technically is, their is no way to sugar coat it. LFR gives shit gear because it is a shit feature & shouldn't give Raid Quality gear. It never should of from the first place, Flex has proven to be a better feature & reason why it's being extended into Normal & Heroic.

A strong reason with the many others that WoW has had this fall besides ages & casualization. Is the fact that is no longer any longtivity, no one works towards goals anymore. Players want the best loot in quickest amount of time than quit. Phase out LFR, it isn't Raiding & only a tourist mode like GC said at Blizzcon.

Leave Normal, Heroic & Mythic as the go to for Raiding & keep LFR for those who want to experience raid content & the story inside the raids without having to commit to a Guild or Raid schedule. But giving some kind of reward is good, just it shouldn't be the exact same reward as those who commit to a guild or raid schedule that raid Normal, Heroic or Mythic.

No one wanted to do Flex or Normal, because people had these stupid iLevel requirements, mostly people wanting to be carried by good geared players.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-08-25 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    MMOs aren't suppose to be solo player experiences, your suppose to group up with people & play together that is the whole point of a MMO.

Problem is that casual players do want to play with other players, but there is no group content which can be done in a casual and low key way, and with a decent progression path. That means content with no requirements on organisation/coordination/dps/performance/achivs, no scheduling, and can be done on the go whenever, wherever.
    Right now in most MMO there's no such thing, There's just this push for to be best and to meet other peoples arbitrary demands (that includes scheduling) . And right now, many players, myself included, are sick and tired of it.
    I can get more fun out of doing mutliplayer in BF or CoD than in MMO's, just for the reasons I stated.
    Last edited by KrakinTauren; 2014-08-25 at 09:04 PM.

No but it is not challenging by any means, and the rewards reflect that. It is really simple
    to you its not challenging. to others it is.
    once again its "lets punish other because they dont play the way i do" crap all over again.
    anyway enjoy the ego feeding mythic sets then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just remove LFR all together and implement difficult 5mans again. LFR is full of tards doing less than 40k hps, 80k dps and half the time tanks don't know what the hell a gem is cause they clearly don't use them. It's not helping these players at all the fights are nothing like the normal versions it isn't improving their skills by any means what so ever. It's a failed experiment and the "I don't have time to raid normal" excuse is such bullshit and over blown you spend 30min - 1hour just waiting in the damn LFR que and if you get a bad group (in my experiences is more time than not) you may spend up to two hours just trying to down 1 wing. Especially with the new tools for making groups coming in WoD the no time for a raid schedule excuse is irrelevant.