Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Play MM or go home Only on Tectus BM can do dmg. But still, well played MM will be better even on this fight.

Deleted
    I'll be honest and say that I dislike playing MM, and I generally think that people will be better at playing a specc/class they enjoy playing I get that people in competitive raids will want to go for the specc with the highest possible dps though.

I've only killed the first two bosses on Normal (since my hunter is my alt, but damn I luv her) and have tried both SV (lone wolf) and BM (adaptation). I sustained roughly 15,5k dps as BM and 16,5-17k dps as SV. I'm only at ilvl 626 however (granted, my weapon is 636 - I got trinkets at 569 and 598).

To me it seems that MM is still quite high and I've seen plenty hunters thinking the specc needed a nerf (or at least wouldn't be surprised if it got one). Not sure why they decided to nerf Kill Shot for SV, but meh

This thread is talking in circles.
    It really is as simple as this, folks -
    If you are in a position where you need to get the absolute most out of your spec, MM is the undisputed choice unless you have a special circumstance (we had to send a BM hunter up into the stands on M Kargath). The only exception is Tectus, where BM is also fine if your targets are staying stacked. But even then, you're still most likely to get better results from MM, especially with good RNG on your opener and if your tanks manage to stack at least two targets for you.
    If you are in a position where you play more casually and you don't necessarily need to absolutely optimize your toon, then play whatever spec you want and have fun with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I play marks. Why? Because it does the most DPS in the grand majority of situations. I just don't get the same numbers out of SV or BM.

Also, what is the deal with lone wolf being the optimal choice for MM and SV? Didn't blizzard learn their lesson with GoSac? Why in the world isn't exotic munitions survival's #1 lvl 100 talent? That makes zero sense. (glad its mark's #1, because focusing shit is the single worst thing to ever touch the hunter class)

- - - Updated - - -

MM isn't really fun for me. It just isn't. I mean, aren't mobility and pets the two main aspects of the hunter class? Then to force hunters into playing without either of them in order to deal optimal DPS?
    I agree with you on the pet part, as much as I dislike my pets sometimes I still miss them. I think Lone Wolf is too strong of a talent at the moment and the others need to be buffed to stay competitive and a viable choice for all specs.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

As others have said, it's hilarious that the people who sneered "Go BM or you're bad!" are now crying over a definite top spec.

100% mobility has only been a thing since Panda Land.

Classic: Aimed and Auto Shot can't be cast on the move.
    BC: Aimed, Steady, and Auto Shot can't be cast on the move.
    Wrath: Steady and Auto Shot can't be cast on the move. Aimed made instant (Only God and GC know why.)
    Cata: Auto can be cast while moving. Aimed has a cast time again and Steady can be cast on the move, but suffers a 50% damage penalty in Aspect of the Fox.
    Pandas:Full retard mode. No downside to movement whatsoever. No need to plan your positioning.

Now? Back to some amount of sanity.

As to BM, allow me to write it up the same way people have been doing in this thread with MM:

I hate playing BM, there's barely any brain cell usage to it. Your clunky little AI does 40%+ of your damage, and the majority of the time you're just smashing Arcane Shot. People say it takes skill to line up trinkets and CDs, but there are addons that tell you exactly when they'll be up. Hell, there are addons that tell you exactly what button to push next, because the rotation is mindlessly simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    The "top spec" should always rotate.

From when I started playing hunter it was MM (T10) --> SV (T11) --> MM (T12) --> SV (T13) --> BM BM BM BMB MBMBMBMBMBM (MoP) --> MM (now)
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I'm raiding in Beast Mastery Spec with my guild which I enjoy a lot and I've been pulling around 18.5k sustained DPS with flasks minus pots at ilvl 643. Don't really see what the fuss is about MM.
    Well, I pulled like 24k on heroic butcher with ilvl 644 (pre-nerf). That's what the fuzz is about. I mean, play what you enjoy, that's fine. But you can't just ignore the massive superior DPS difference between the specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this marks man spec and not having a pet bothers me a lot. I hope one of the other specs gets a buff sooner than later. The dps difference is just way too big not to play marks. It's so far ahead it's just stupid.

It wouldnt be the first time.

If you've ever had a sub-1% wipe on progression and then wipe for hours until you finally down the boss, you'll understand the importance of doing the most dps you can, regardless of how "hardcore" your guild is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Well, I pulled like 24k on heroic butcher with ilvl 644 (pre-nerf). That's what the fuzz is about. I mean, play what you enjoy, that's fine. But you can't just ignore the massive superior DPS difference between the specs.
    Pulled just over 22k dps on that fight as bm last night at ilv 642 with a 630 wep. My numbers are not a far cry from yours. Pretty sure our 646 dk pulling like 13k is more a problem then me lol.