Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[DISC] Trinkets Best in Slot

I've been searching but haven't really found some solid information on what trinkets are good for Disc Priests at the moment. For example is Everburning Candle actually worth it. I did the math and it comes out to about 78 static Spirit. That doesn't seem worth it to me or is it just for the intellect? With Blackrock Foundry coming out in a month or so, would upgrading my Hourglass to 670 be worth it? My guild is currently 6/7 H and we are pretty close to being 7/7 H so we should be moving onto Mythic pretty soon. Also, what do you prefer? Static Spirit or on use/equip?

1 int is currently worth 2 mastery(estimated), while the on-use mana effect is ~200 in-combat spirit.

In short, you could value the trinket as

+668 mastery
    +211 spirit

and compare it to the other trinkets that way.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-01-05 at 12:26 PM. Reason: overvalued the spirit slightly, it's closer to 211
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    1 int is currently worth 2 mastery(estimated), while the on-use mana effect is ~200 in-combat spirit.

In short, you could value the trinket as

+668 mastery
    +220 spirit

and compare it to the other trinkets that way.
    How did you get the math for the 220 Spirit? 10,000 mana every 2 minutes honestly doesn't seem to be 220 spirit.

10,000/60*2 = 83.333 Spirit (60 being seconds in a minute and 2 minutes per on use).

So basically it gives ~ 83 Spirit. Now I don't know how you got the math for the Intellect being 1 Intellect = 2 Mastery. Unless I'm missing something, Everburning Candle is useless other than maybe just the Intellect. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by lancerwow View Post
    How did you get the math for the 220 Spirit? 10,000 mana every 2 minutes honestly doesn't seem to be 220 spirit.

10,000/60*2 = 83.333 Spirit (60 being seconds in a minute and 2 minutes per on use).

So basically it gives ~ 83 Spirit. Now I don't know how you got the math for the Intellect being 1 Intellect = 2 Mastery. Unless I'm missing something, Everburning Candle is useless other than maybe just the Intellect. Thoughts?
    Spirit is 2.06 mp5 per point.
    Candle restores 10456 mana per 2 minutes - this is worth 435.67 mp5.
    435.67 mp5 is worth ~211 spirit.

Source of stat weights is Myllior's disc spreadsheet found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Spreadsheet
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Spirit is 2.06 mp5 per point.
    Candle restores 10456 mana per 2 minutes - this is worth 435.67 mp5.
    435.67 mp5 is worth ~211 spirit.

Source of stat weights is Myllior's disc spreadsheet found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Spreadsheet
    Okay so my math was wrong then. I didn't know about this post thanks for the link. So do you think that Everburning Candle and 3/3 Hourglass currently are the 2 top Trinkets until Heroic/Mythic BRF?

Okay so my math was wrong then. I didn't know about this post thanks for the link. So do you think that Everburning Candle and 3/3 Hourglass currently are the 2 top Trinkets until Heroic/Mythic BRF?
    I have a personal soft spot for Mark of Rapid Replication over Hourglass, but it's mostly true that those 2 trinkets are top class(especially EC).

I have a personal soft spot for Mark of Rapid Replication over Hourglass, but it's mostly true that those 2 trinkets are top class(especially EC).
    Really? Haste and Versatility are not that great for Disc. 3/3 Hourglass compared to the 685 MoRR, spirit wise, is less but I don't think the other two stats that aren't good beat out the intellect. The only problem with those two trinkets is the amount of gold needed to have them lol. Currently I'm using Hourglass 1/3 and Emblem of Cuastic Healing 655. The on use Haste isn't good and I don't really use it but currently it's the best I can have.

Really? Haste and Versatility are not that great for Disc. 3/3 Hourglass compared to the 685 MoRR, spirit wise, is less but I don't think the other two stats that aren't good beat out the intellect. The only problem with those two trinkets is the amount of gold needed to have them lol. Currently I'm using Hourglass 1/3 and Emblem of Cuastic Healing 655. The on use Haste isn't good and I don't really use it but currently it's the best I can have.
    I like the Haste as disc in conjunction with Borrowed Time's 1.4x multiplier.

Versatility is pretty bad, I agree, but it's also better than nothing.

Comparing MoRR versus 3/3 WingedH:

Winged Hourglass stats:

154 int
    320 spirit

MoRR stats(heroic):

346 spirit
    154 haste
    154 versatility

WingedH is definitely slightly better comparing the two side-by-side; though if you hit the jackpot on your Mythic HM mission, that's a different story with MoRR being slightly better.

I'm working toward 3/3 Hourglass right now. Should get my first tomorrow and then I might just buy the 3/3. I don't think I'll be using the Candle though. Too expensive for my taste. MoRR would be nice I can see it, especially if I can get a socket on it. So do you prefer static spirit over on use or equip?

I'm working toward 3/3 Hourglass right now. Should get my first tomorrow and then I might just buy the 3/3. I don't think I'll be using the Candle though. Too expensive for my taste. MoRR would be nice I can see it, especially if I can get a socket on it. So do you prefer static spirit over on use or equip?
    Spirit procs and on-use generally procs/be used on CD respectively, so it's not really functionally different from static spirit.

Hence, from a personal perspective, I do not have a preference between the two.

Other healers/disc priests might be able to give a more well-rounded perspective on the static vs proc/on use paradigm though.

Deleted
    I've been searching but haven't really found some solid information on what trinkets are good for Disc Priests at the moment.
    I don´t think you have been searching much if u missed the already 2 trinket post on the page 1 of this priest forum and the few after that

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-should-I-use
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-and-Weapons

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...use-on-my-disc
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...riest-BiS-list

Have people tinkered with a Copeland's + Everburning for shorter fights? Copeland's is fantastic when synced with PI + AA, while the Everburning's higher Int seems to provide more returns even after factoring in the reduced regen when compared to a Winged Hourglass.

Using this thread since it's on the same topic, I've got a mythic socketed Shards of Nothing, heroic Emblem of Caustic Healing, Winged hourglass 1/3 but with 2 scribes working on inks and a candle. I've been using candle and the mythic Shard of Nothing but not sure if it's better than my winged hourglass once it's upgraded or if i should just sell the upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Havinagiggle View Post
    Using this thread since it's on the same topic, I've got a mythic socketed Shards of Nothing, heroic Emblem of Caustic Healing, Winged hourglass 1/3 but with 2 scribes working on inks and a candle. I've been using candle and the mythic Shard of Nothing but not sure if it's better than my winged hourglass once it's upgraded or if i should just sell the upgrades.
    I think you should be using your Emblem of Caustic Healing and Hourglass. I wouldn't use Shards of Nothing. The haste isn't good.

I think you should be using your Emblem of Caustic Healing and Hourglass. I wouldn't use Shards of Nothing. The haste isn't good.
    Uhm. You wouldn't use shards of nothing because of the on use haste, but you'd recommend Emblem of Caustic healing over his Candle, despite the only literal difference between the two trinkets are that one has int as base stat, one has spirit? You do know EoCH has on use haste aswell, right? And that the shards are both a higher tier and socketed? Wat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Uhm. You wouldn't use shards of nothing because of the on use haste, but you'd recommend Emblem of Caustic healing over his Candle, despite the only literal difference between the two trinkets are that one has int as base stat, one has spirit? You do know EoCH has on use haste aswell, right? And that the shards are both a higher tier and socketed? Wat.
    Oh oops. I was thinking of another trinket. In that case I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Havinagiggle View Post
    If you are find yourself needing more mana Hourglass is a good trinket, This is considering you already got spirit gear/ench and a good solace uptime/rotation, else try get that first if you got mana problems. Be sure mana it can vary from fight to fight. I probably wouldn´t go away from Candle and that shard of nothing otherwise tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Have people tinkered with a Copeland's + Everburning for shorter fights? Copeland's is fantastic when synced with PI + AA, while the Everburning's higher Int seems to provide more returns even after factoring in the reduced regen when compared to a Winged Hourglass.
    I'd be extremely interested in hearing what the Guru's have to say about this - I currently find myself with Everburning Candle + 3/3 Winged Hourglass + Copeland's (Unequipped) wondering if for shorter/non-mana intensive fights (Normal/Heroics alike) that Everburning Candle + Copeland's may be the way to go?

I know that for Holy - the current situation is similar with Quiescent Runestone becoming potential BiS with Everburning Candle.

Thoughts/comments?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    If your base haste rating from other gear is fairly low, tie the Shards with PI in a macro. It should give you in the neighborhood of 50% haste for 20 sec (maybe somewhat higher). That will drop your GCD to 1 sec (for quick shielding), Penance cast time to 1.4-1.5, CoW to 1.5-1.6, making you a mean burst healer for emergency situations. If you have it, and you can manage, try to drop a Mindbender in there in the first 5 sec or so. You'll get a ~50% boost to mana generation from that, since its attack speed is based off of your stats. Using Shards in conjunction with PI gives you the (nearly) the full benefit of the trinket plus the advantage of offsetting your increased mana usage through reduced mana costs from PI and possibly boosted mana returns from Mindbender.

Optionally, you can tie AA with this macro or make a secondary macro with it attached for extra throughput by dumping whatever stacks of Evangelism you have when you activate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I find that spirit proc trinkets are great, but have two small weaknesses that often aren't accounted for in spirit equivalency calculations:

The random proc function can result in some undesirable proc timing. For instance, it can proc too early to be really useful on a fight resulting in some wasted mana, even if you're blowing it on purpose to stack Evangelism early. Since I usually stack 2-3 at the beginning anyways, this represents an opportunity cost that needs to be accounted for. Sometimes I'll even have the sucker pop when I'm re-forting the raid or a late rezzer after a wipe and it will still be on cooldown for a minute or so into the fight.

Calculations for spirit equivalent are often based off of the ICD, but at a 15% proc chance, it will take 4-5 casts on average to get it to proc. This easily adds 5-15 seconds to the ICD.

For safety, and to be conservative (to account for proc wastage), I add 20 seconds to the ICD, then divide by the buff duration to get the equivalency. This reduces the value of spirit proc trinkets slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Belin View Post
    If your base haste rating from other gear is fairly low, tie the Shards with PI in a macro. It should give you in the neighborhood of 50% haste for 20 sec (maybe somewhat higher). That will drop your GCD to 1 sec (for quick shielding), Penance cast time to 1.4-1.5, CoW to 1.5-1.6, making you a mean burst healer for emergency situations. If you have it, and you can manage, try to drop a Mindbender in there in the first 5 sec or so. You'll get a ~50% boost to mana generation from that, since its attack speed is based off of your stats. Using Shards in conjunction with PI gives you the (nearly) the full benefit of the trinket plus the advantage of offsetting your increased mana usage through reduced mana costs from PI and possibly boosted mana returns from Mindbender.

Optionally, you can tie AA with this macro or make a secondary macro with it attached for extra throughput by dumping whatever stacks of Evangelism you have when you activate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I find that spirit proc trinkets are great, but have two small weaknesses that often aren't accounted for in spirit equivalency calculations:

The random proc function can result in some undesirable proc timing. For instance, it can proc too early to be really useful on a fight resulting in some wasted mana, even if you're blowing it on purpose to stack Evangelism early. Since I usually stack 2-3 at the beginning anyways, this represents an opportunity cost that needs to be accounted for. Sometimes I'll even have the sucker pop when I'm re-forting the raid or a late rezzer after a wipe and it will still be on cooldown for a minute or so into the fight.

Calculations for spirit equivalent are often based off of the ICD, but at a 15% proc chance, it will take 4-5 casts on average to get it to proc. This easily adds 5-15 seconds to the ICD.

For safety, and to be conservative (to account for proc wastage), I add 20 seconds to the ICD, then divide by the buff duration to get the equivalency. This reduces the value of spirit proc trinkets slightly.
    Mindbender is strictly inferior to Solace for Disc.