Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    THERE'S ONLY 16 CARDS LEFT IN THE DECK AND RENO DOESN'T ACTIVATE. WTF RANDOMIZATION KINDA TAVERN BRAWL IS THIS?!?!?!?!?! Like seriously? How could there be a duplicate from 16 cards. 16 random ass cards. I don't believe it.
    Classic birthday paradox. The chance is higher than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Classic birthday paradox. The chance is higher than you think.
    This is supposed to be a random deck! Out of all the normal cards and all the Shaman cards, including the latest expansion, there isn't supposed to be a high chance of a double for 16 cards. Like I know the possibility exists but it shouldn't have been THAT high. Had to be less than 10%. Maybe less than 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This is supposed to be a random deck! Out of all the normal cards and all the Shaman cards, including the latest expansion, there isn't supposed to be a high chance of a double for 16 cards. Like I know the possibility exists but it shouldn't have been THAT high. Had to be less than 10%. Maybe less than 5.
    It's around 30% that 16 random cards from all the normal plus Shaman cards, 358 cards in total, contain a duplicate, I just calculated it. That's assuming the cards chosen aren't weighted in favour of certain groups in which case it would be even higher.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2015-12-12 at 02:37 AM. Reason: 358*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    372, eh? Actually pretty interesting how close to the actual birthday problem the numbers turn out to be.
    358 cards, I miscounted extra goldens. I'll update. Still 30% though.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2015-12-12 at 02:35 AM.

Woah. That is actually higher than I thought...Like much much much higher. I knew about the birthday thing but I didn't really see how it was so similar until you busted out the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game really is just an RNG shit fest, Losing tavern brawl by turn 4 because I get shit like moonfire while they get best 1, 2, 3 and 4 drops in the game cunts

When it comes to single cards, Mysterious Challenger is still some of the dumbest shit around. As soon as its played i check my hand and in 50% i just auto-concede.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    When it comes to single cards, Mysterious Challenger is still some of the dumbest shit around. As soon as its played i check my hand and in 50% i just auto-concede.
    Why? The only secret you need to worry about is Avenge. If you attack one his minions, Noble Sacrifice and Repentance always proc first so you just make sure you can kill the Avenge minion.

I know there are decks you can build to counter it, but I get so sick of card-pump decks. You know, decks deliberately built to flood you with more cards than you have mana to play and end up bleeding you to death through exhaustion? It doesn't get me every time, but more than enough to piss me off every time I recognize it. It's such cheese.

Trying to do todays daily, facing 6 agro decks in a row. Sooo much fun!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Just faced off against a priest that was spamming "Greetings!" emote and letting the timer tick right down to just before it ran out every turn. Wouldn't have been so bad but he had the perfect removal for everything

Quote Originally Posted by FestiveBen View Post
    Just faced off against a priest that was spamming "Greetings!" emote and letting the timer tick right down to just before it ran out every turn. Wouldn't have been so bad but he had the perfect removal for everything
    I hate pricks like that. And when is that bullshit fucking OP card Reno Jackson going to go away? I've lost so many games where the noob played like shit and just healed from 1 to 30. I fucking hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    I hate pricks like that. And when is that bullshit fucking OP card Reno Jackson going to go away? I've lost so many games where the noob played like shit and just healed from 1 to 30. I fucking hate it.
    So far i didnt have such bad games against Reno. The card is for sure retarded. But only time i had problems with Reno was in Handlock....like yeah just throw out some giants and go back to 30 hp.

The strategy before was to bring them down quickly so you can finish them of when they throw out giants, no its 99% loss once they do that combo, its basicly just one more broken deck.

Played a Druid on my Paladin during an arena run just now.

He got an Ironbark Protector out of my Deathlord on turn 4, I played a Keeper of Uldaman since it was the only thing I had to weaken it. Next turn he plays Recombulator and it changes into a fricking Ragnaros.

Ugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Yeah because playing 8 face hunter / aggressive token pally games in a row is surely fun.

Reno put an end to these kind of decks, we direly needed this.

It can be annoying in HandLock tho. Double molten taunt, Reno to 30, Jarraxxus in hand just in case. I hate losing to HL so much, they always play those mega tempo swings to get you by surprise. You're doing good...you're winning! Oh wait, nope.

I'm glad this blind facerush is gone tho. The games finally involve some decisionmaking instead of blind face-aggression with a swarm of 3/1's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had a glorious win streak with my taunt warrior stopped by an all gold control warrior at rank 13. I hadn't played this season much other than tavern brawl, and I hadn't lost a game since rank 20. I made a misplay or two...playing my taunt monkey on turn 3 thinking he couldn't kill it. Coin into deaths bite said otherwise. I think I really could have won it had he not gotten the coin flip when he shield slammed his own sylvanas and got my obsidian destroyer as opposed to the 1/1 scarab. Had to burn my own shield slam and didn't have it up for later. Sadface.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2015-12-15 at 02:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a GLORIOUS combo with Iron Jugg + Brann. Legitimately the Holy Grail situation of this combo - Brann and Iron Jugg both lived, so I used an Ysera Dream next turn to replay Jugg for two more mines, then recalled Jugg again with a Brewmaster and played him again NEXT turn (though Brann was dead by then sadly).

That's 5 mines. FIFTY face damage shuffled into his deck, and where do they all go?

RIGHT TO THE FUCKING BOTTOM.

Legit. He had five cards left when he won with Grom + Taskmaster burst. He had drawn one Mine. Four of those five cards were my remaining Mines.

-.-
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just finished what would probably be my most annoying arena run ever.

Drafted a kinda' meh deck, so I didn't really expect it to go very well. Ended up with an 8-3, so it was pretty decent.

But holy balls I'm sick of paladins and that stupid-ass murloc knight in arena right now. Faced nothing but paladins six games in a row, all of whom had 2-3 of that murloc.

Seriously, fuck that card in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The fact that Murloc Knight can spawn another Murloc Knight is kinda hilarious.

I've had someone go Murloc Knight into another Murloc Knight into Old Murk Eye and Murloc Warleader. :|
    In my last game, the second one he threw down summoned another knight. I was only able to kill one on my turn, so what happens on his next turn? The remaining one summons another fucking knight.

I just rage-quit right there.

After a huge break of arena, I tried again and only got 5-3 and guess what..... my 3 losses were against paladins who got incredibly lucky with Murloc Knight. Most of the time I don't mind losing in arena, but not by those fucking murlocs.