Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just wish they would change the playstyle, make other spells worth casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Logs tells that disc is about 5-10% ahead of most other healers on most encounters. The only outliers being Tectus (druid's tranq whoring the AOE is something disc can't keep up with), and Butcher (which is perfectly designed for a holy paladin due to the beacons+steady tank dmg on 2x targets).
    That said, paladins are in an extremely good spot right now. But if the paladin beats you hard on all fights after this, it's a L2P issue.
    That or you are assigned to keep the tank alive on mythic brackenspore due to shields being powerful for his breath etc lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ya not sure about that, our hpally keeeps right up with me on most fights and beats me on a couple.
    i didn't say holy pallies weren't ridiculous either

but the argument that "well holy paladins are OP as well so it's fine disc is too" isn't a compelling argument now, is it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

but the argument that "well holy paladins are OP as well so it's fine disc is too" isn't a compelling argument now, is it? :P
    Don't know while an adjustment might be in order I personally feel that monks/shamans might just need a slight push upwards instead the others a decent push down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    That or you are assigned to keep the tank alive on mythic brackenspore due to shields being powerful for his breath etc lol.
    Let's be honest here, that's all the damage that goes out on mythic brackenspore. You could whore infesting spores damage, but even in the 660 gear most guilds had the first week, you'd just assign a healer-cooldown to each infesting, and that+green shroom would be enough to keep everyone alive (devo, tide, barrier, tranq etc). If the paladin is whoring on the AOE and you're tank healing, yea, he'll come out on top. Highest Disc on mythic bracken is 6K ahead of highest paladin, though (which happens to be a little over 10%; the amount we were nerfed).

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    Nerf PWS all they want, but if they could actually fix the rest of our toolkit would be nice as well, that'd be nice.
    "Hey blizzard, can you nerf PWS and give our toolkit more synergy? Spaming one spell isn't fun."

"Nerf PWS? Consider it done"

"What no-"

Yeah, nerfing one of our only good spells and giving nothing back, so good. Now what, we'll be just facerolling COW on tanks? Going from spaming one spell to spaming one other spell isn't an actual improvement...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koix View Post
    They nerfed rejuvination by 5% and yet didnt bother to touch double beacon. Wish this "buff/tweak other talents so they wernt mandatory" would happen soon.
    Its almost like there is a difference between spamming one ability on everyone you expect to take damage, and an ability you have to think to use in order to get the max out of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

This is a mistweaver saying this. Like you don't have your ridiculous op fights? come on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Logs tells that disc is about 5-10% ahead of most other healers on most encounters. The only outliers being Tectus (druid's tranq whoring the AOE is something disc can't keep up with), and Butcher (which is perfectly designed for a holy paladin due to the beacons+steady tank dmg on 2x targets).
    That said, paladins are in an extremely good spot right now. But if the paladin beats you hard on all fights after this, it's a L2P issue.
    If logs counted things like barrier you could easily beat druids on tectus

everyone in here thinks meters are the only things that matter, like shields are worthless now rofl. Kind of funny really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    On the bright side, this nerf will probably allow people to realize how OP H-Pals are too.
    Oh, so mistweavers aren't op on certain fights? Nah, lets keep trying to shine the spotlight on the one other absorb healer that can allllllmost compete with us on super absorb fights!

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, yes, I do play a holy paladin. I don't think that should remove my ability to talk about other classes though. I think there are great things about holy paladins, and I think there are TO great of things about disc priests. This "nerf" was 100% needed. Disc was asinine at the moment.

Do I think they need more spells to use? yes, but to complain about a nerf to a ridiculously overpowered ability? come on now!

If you want to complain about double beacon, suggest another top tier talent that holy paladins can actually use. There is not one
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I expected something like a nerf to it's multistrike/crit synergy, that turns even tiny Holy PW: S into 100k absorbs

But apparently a flat 15% fixes the issue

Eh heh.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why this nerf is also for Shadow.. Shadow is actualy realy struggeling on the survivability topic.
    It doesn't say it's disc or holy only so guess it's something to swallow bah;/

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    If you want to complain about double beacon, suggest another top tier talent that holy paladins can actually use. There is not one
    *whistles* wow, i wasnt aware that the other level 100 talents were that awful. I thought they had the usual singletarget/multitarget/emergencyheal setup, but it just looks like they tried to think outside the box and came up with the most awkward mechanics possible.

OT: Looks like disc will have another 1-button spam expansion. Hopefully they fix it by the next or 15th expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I sure hope they do.
    And it will still out perform garbage Holy by a decent amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Oh, so mistweavers aren't op on certain fights? Nah, lets keep trying to shine the spotlight on the one other absorb healer that can allllllmost compete with us on super absorb fights!
    Oh please, double beacon is so strong. Your mana efficiency is ridiculously good. Plus you bring so much non-healing utility to a raid compared to Disc (double Sac, HoP, Devo Aura). Using the fact that you have no other talent options to defend double beacon is akin to Disc defending PW:S by virtue of our other heals being terrible.

There's a good reason why H-Paladins have nearly a 100% representation on every top 10 kill. For the record, that's even higher than Disc's. Your numbers may not be as high as Disc's was (although, a remarkably close second), but H-Pal's have a healing toolkit that's so uniquely potent that they're practically mandatory.

Good balance? Nah.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-01-13 at 10:50 AM.

Hey let's take some bets guys, Blizzard took about 4 months to understand that PW:S was OP, now let's guess hoow long they'll take to understand that every single other healing spell for disc is absolute shit. I'm thinking probably one tier of raiding still. Then they'll buff holy noova and make pom instant agan so that people start actually using anything else than PW:S.

If only blizzard had a guy who knew how to play disc, everything would be so fucking simpler.

Deleted
    so now Disci goes from :

- unfun, but kinda very strong
    to
    - unfun and not very good --> even more unfun ??

Cool Story .

Deleted
    Yes, the only thing this does is reduce the numbers disc priests are pulling. No, it doesn't have any impact on how the spec is played. That's because this is the intended effect of the nerf. It would've been absurd to nerf pw:s only to buff another spell to even it out. Disc had to be toned down, it's as simple as that.

Now, I 100% agree that disc needs a rework so it doesn't rely so much on a single spell and will be more interesting to play. But I don't think a semi-overhaul that significantly changes the playstyle of the spec isn't something you can expect from a tuning patch. That's for a major content patch. If they'll actually bother doing it is another story though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Declade View Post
    so now Disci goes from :

- unfun, but kinda very strong
    to
    - unfun and not very good --> even more unfun ??

Cool Story .
    pls. disc is still going to be very strong after this

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I don't understand why this nerf is also for Shadow.. Shadow is actualy realy struggeling on the survivability topic.
    It doesn't say it's disc or holy only so guess it's something to swallow bah;/
    Gotta agree here. Shadow's survivability has been in a pretty bad place so far this expansion, and this nerf isn't helping.

Deleted
    And shadow yet again get screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    Yes, the only thing this does is reduce the numbers disc priests are pulling. No, it doesn't have any impact on how the spec is played. That's because this is the intended effect of the nerf. It would've been absurd to nerf pw:s only to buff another spell to even it out. Disc had to be toned down, it's as simple as that.

Now, I 100% agree that disc needs a rework so it doesn't rely so much on a single spell and will be more interesting to play. But I don't think a semi-overhaul that significantly changes the playstyle of the spec isn't something you can expect from a tuning patch. That's for a major content patch. If they'll actually bother doing it is another story though...

- - - Updated - - -

pls. disc is still going to be very strong after this
    the numbers arent my problem, in this situation i would gladly play shaman, maybe be last in hps but having so much things to do infight etc.
    but disci is MAYBE still stronger , but still so boring!

Disci was kinda frustrating this addon so far(just my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    And it will still out perform garbage Holy by a decent amount.
    Holy isn't garbage, but some spells do need a buff.

It has been five fucking years since Ghostcrawler said that the group-based restriction of Prayer of Healing was out of place.

Fuck. Fucking. Years.

And we are still dealing with that shit. I'm not asking for another smart heal. I just want a fucking spell that wasn't completely designed around a 5man dungeon.

How about this? When spirit shell is active all PoH is divided evenly among all raid members. Bam. now I have a useful cooldown, instead of scrambling to find people in every group in range so I can maybe get 3/5 groups covered before the cooldown ends.

Or how about this? Give PoH a targeting reticle so it can be a cluster heal without the stupidity of design of Arcane Explosi -- I MEAN HOLY NOVA.

And god do I miss Binding Heal.