Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    For your current Trinkets, go with Mythic UeH. The disparity between Heroic EDH and Mythic Pebble is very negligible. Reliable getting 30 Stacks on EDH is very hard for Unholy without Defile, so don't aim to get there. If you want to play it safe, go with Pebble.

Yes, Heroic Vial is still better than any Mythic Trinkets for BoS. I still use it myself together with Mythic UeH, with very good results.

- - - Updated - - -

You're currently Blood in your armory, but I guess you don't change to much besides Trinkets and DPS Ring.
    Unholy will definitely scale better with Gear than Frost does.

Trinket-Setup for Unholy:
    Cleave/AoE - NP - Reaper's Harvest + DC (or Vial if your Guild uses the Ring when priority targets are up, e.g. Hands on Kormrok, Birds on Iskar)
    Singletarget - BoS - Vial of Convulsive Shadows (even if it's only heroic) + UeH. Use BoS + Trinket when Ring is up.

Considering your gear, 400k on one BoS usage is extremely low. BoS is not the easiest ability to play, but if you practice it you should get there, eventually.
    I'd say that with your gear and decent AMS soaking, you should pull around 900K with your first BoS, and 700k on subsequent uses.
    Currently I'm the fill in tank, we had a tank leave in the last two weeks. We're recruiting for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by grifin666 View Post
    I have a simple question here, if you please - does mastery affect on the Necrotic Plague? If not - is there realy more profit from mastey if i'll use Frost Fever instead? (In pvp)
    Mastery increases all of your Shadow Damage (Frost Damage if you're playing Frost), which includes Necrotic Plague. If you're playing Unholy without Necrotic Plague, your Frost Fever damage will not get any benefit from Mastery at all.
    I don't know what the go-to PvP spec currently is, so this is all I ca say about that.

Pretty sure it is Necro Plague that is used for PvP, as people can just walk out of Defile, and BoS sounds hard to keep up in a fight where anything can happen. Like a simple stun the second you start casting it. Never PvPed much though, so I could be wrong. Perhaps Defile is nice in some combos or something where you can chain CCs on the target so he remains in the Defile longer?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Pretty sure it is Necro Plague that is used for PvP, as people can just walk out of Defile, and BoS sounds hard to keep up in a fight where anything can happen. Like a simple stun the second you start casting it. Never PvPed much though, so I could be wrong. Perhaps Defile is nice in some combos or something where you can chain CCs on the target so he remains in the Defile longer?
    Correct. Necrotic Plague is the go to for PvP.

BoS can work for 2H + Unholy but as DW go NP.

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nd/Emil/simple
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1794
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):So, my dps is shit on most bosses, i play unholy and i dont like the BoS, PL and BT talents. am i screwed, i enjoy defile and np, but im not sure about statweights for using these talents, and what trinkets to use. Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):So, my dps is shit on most bosses, i play unholy and i dont like the BoS, PL and BT talents. am i screwed, i enjoy defile and np, but im not sure about statweights for using these talents, and what trinkets to use. Can anyone help me?
    Your only going to want to use Reapers Harvest on AoE fights where the adds will live long enough for it to matter, so Assault, Xhul, possibly Iskar, Manno, and Arch. A good rule of thumb is if your RH is not doing ~10% of your damage it's not worth using. You NEVER really want to use it if you are not using NP as the damage it will do will be pitiful. There is a great post on the WoW forums about unholy trinkets written by Valithyria-Emerald Dream US (would link to it but can't link yet QQ):

You want to have the following trinkets: Discordant Chorus, Reaper's Harvest, Unending Hunger, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows.

Generally speaking you want to use Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows for ST/cleave fights, and Unending Hunger + X for AoE fights (X depending on your circumstances, but mainly Reaper's Harvest or Vial, sometimes DC) .

Hellfire Assault: Unending Hunger, Discordant Chorus, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows are all nice.
    Iron Reaver: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Kormrok: Unending Hunger + Discordant Chorus (or Reaper's Harvest if you contribute most of the damage to the hands)
    Kilrogg: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Hellfire High Council: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest (or Vial of Convulsive Shadows if playing Breath)
    Gorefiend: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest

Iskar: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Socrethar: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Tyrant Velhari: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows

Fel Lord Zakuun: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Xhul'horac: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Discordant Chorus
    Mannoroth: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Archimonde: Unending Hunger/Vial + Reaper's Harvest (on mythic, for heroic Unending Hunger + Vial with BoS)

Reaper's Harvest is dispensable on all of these fights except Council if your raid has lots of burst AoE - it's only a solid gain if Wandering Plague is ~9% of your damage.
    These are with using Necroblight or BoS/PL so may not work 100% for you. EDH maybe become useful if your sticking with defile, as every time it ticks it will add a stack of fel-burn.

Also, not using plague leech with defile and not using BoS will hurt you drastically and I would suggest you try to learn them as best as you can. If you 100% are against BoS you could glyph outbreak to make learning PL easier, but really all you have to do is PL then PS and you get one free rune where you previously wound't have one.
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2015-09-30 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Im a frost/unholy player, unholy being kinda new to me, since I havent had the gear or felt the need to go unholy before. I have a few questions.

Whats the quickstart rotation for Breath(assuming ring use on pull)?
    Which fights can you presoak on cause i tried using AMS on the hellfire cannons on reaver but i didnt get any runic power?
    Being a player that started again after hfc came out and missed BRF, is BRF mythic hard? Puggable? I kinda want Vial mythic version now, cause i wanna go breath on some bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by thedopepope View Post
    Im a frost/unholy player, unholy being kinda new to me, since I havent had the gear or felt the need to go unholy before. I have a few questions.

Whats the quickstart rotation for Breath(assuming ring use on pull)?
    Which fights can you presoak on cause i tried using AMS on the hellfire cannons on reaver but i didnt get any runic power?
    Being a player that started again after hfc came out and missed BRF, is BRF mythic hard? Puggable? I kinda want Vial mythic version now, cause i wanna go breath on some bosses.
    Typically to open with Breath you want to do the following: Drop DnD 8 seconds before pull > Army 6s before pull > Plague Strike > Festering Strike x2 > Plague Leech > Outbreak + Start Breath channel.

During breath spend unholy and death runes on scourge strike, and dump blood/frost runes on festering.

Fights that you can pre-soak on include Reaver (with hellfire cannons), Kormrok's (pool), Mannoroth (pool), Archimonde (pool). You can also reset Tyrant/Fel Lord Zakuun using Army + Empower Rune weapon to start the fight with 100 RP since those both reset when the boss does and the respawn timer is only 25s. As for why you didnt get runic power from the cannon, you need to stand right up against the cannon and press AMS after you notice that it applies the debuff to you.

Jet memes cant melt dank fuel.

Deleted
    Hey guys popping in for some advice on trinket setup.

What I have:
    M Foremaster's Insignia
    M UeH
    M Pebble
    HC Vial
    HC DC
    HC EDH
    HC RH

What should I be using for which fights?

I'm going to assume for Single Target: M UeH + HC Vial
    And for AoE: RH + DC or Pebble + DC depending on how long adds last?

Just want clarifcation as even though my Vial is HC; it trumps all Mythic Trinkets minus UeH which you pair with it?

Thanks for dealing with yet another trinket question.

Side note for Frost trinkets.
    HC DC
    HC EDH
    M Pebble

Pebble seems to be beating out DC?
    Last edited by mmoc87eeca8f3a; 2015-10-01 at 02:21 PM.

Hello everyone!
    Quick question......what's the best spec for H Mannoroth?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oreii/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    Question: My damage on Xhul is pretty terrible for my gear level. My gear is a bit better right now than it was for that log, but I think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here. Should I just ignore UB usage and just keep NP rolling full time on this fight and just spam BB when adds come out?
    Another thing I couldn't decide was if it's worth using SR on the 2 big adds or if those runes were better used as death runes for BB spam. I think I should definitely be doing atleast 100k on this fight. I think I'm going to stop using RH since it was only ~8.7% of my damage here, and use DC instead, but I'm not too sure on that.

EDIT: Also, I can't get RP from AMS here because I use the Glyph of Absorb Magic for blackhole soaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oreii/advanced
    WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    Question: My damage on Xhul is pretty terrible for my gear level. My gear is a bit better right now than it was for that log, but I think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here. Should I just ignore UB usage and just keep NP rolling full time on this fight and just spam BB when adds come out?
    Another thing I couldn't decide was if it's worth using SR on the 2 big adds or if those runes were better used as death runes for BB spam. I think I should definitely be doing atleast 100k on this fight. I think I'm going to stop using RH since it was only ~8.7% of my damage here, and use DC instead, but I'm not too sure on that.

EDIT: Also, I can't get RP from AMS here because I use the Glyph of Absorb Magic for blackhole soaking.
    You should use your UeH w/ Fel Cleave on this fight. SR on the 2 big adds is worth doing, but if you can help it try to do it on a Blood-Death rune (reason being you're more than likely going to use that recharged Blood rune on a blood boil shortly after.

Unholy Blight will yield better overall damage if managed correctly, giving you more globals for Blood Boil throughout the fight, but Plague Leech and perma-extending Necrotic Plague isn't necessarily too bad either. The rune return of Plague Leech is pretty nice for Blood Boils.

As far as other specifics, you can pre-AMS Fel Surge casts and it won't give you the debuff. You can potentially lose a lot of damage having to run out for them repeatedly and this helps alleviate that. On top of that you should try and get a higher pet transform uptime. It's pretty potent considering the transformed version will cleave the boss and both big adds with his empowered abilities.

Jet memes cant melt dank fuel.

Ugh, I can't seem to get BoS working. Any one got some tips for every encounter? (When to use it etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Quick question......what's the best spec for H Mannoroth?
    Both work well.

Please review

Hello my name is Zerobeav and I'm a duel wield DK. My dps is a little low and need some pointers on how to make it a little better. I cant post HTML links.

Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Zerobeav/simple
    Warcrfat logs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/pBLW2jJyHxkVKqXv/[/url]

At this point should i start working on getting haste? I feel like im waiting on runes to often.
    Any Help will help thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zerobeav View Post
    Hello my name is Zerobeav and I'm a duel wield DK. My dps is a little low and need some pointers on how to make it a little better. I cant post HTML links.

Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Zerobeav/simple
    Warcrfat logs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/pBLW2jJyHxkVKqXv/[/url]

At this point should i start working on getting haste? I feel like im waiting on runes to often.
    Any Help will help thank you.
    Mostly it's your gear. Not having your 4 set, trinkets, and coming in with rather low IL weapons your not going to dominate the rankings.

Obviously there are some things to work on but they won't just magically get you into 95%+ logs.

I'm judging this based on the logs you linked and most of these will be nitpicks/minor errors.

Assault:
    * Missed one Pillar of Frost (Might have been pre pull) and ~three Plague Leeches .
    * 0 AMS casts, you can use this to soak magic damage for nice RP gains and also help you survive.
    * Only two Soul Reapers out of eighteen got the bonus damage, try to predict mob health better (cannons and beserkers are good targets for SR).
    * You can Dark Sim the casters to steal the massive aoe they do.
    * NO EMPOWERED RUNE WEAPONS (Might have been on CD from trash)

Iron Reaver
    * Could have AMS'd more, you can soak EVERYTHNG
    * You can start with ~90RP from presoaking on the cannons with AMS
    * Death and Decay isn't worth it on ST fights

Kormrok
    * Same with DND except for hands, only one of yours lined up together
    * Maybe a few more Soul Reapers

Council
    * Dying is a dps loss, you can AMS or IBF to help with the damage from reap.
    * More AMS usage, soak any magic damage you can.
    * DND

Killrog
    * AMS
    * DND
    * Maybe a tiny bit more SR usage?

Gorefiend:
    * Only one EMRW could have gotten two in a 9minute pull.
    * DND
    * Soul Reaper
    * AMS
    * Missed some PL.

Overall you seem to be doing fine for your gear level. Might want to glpyh regenerative magic, focus on getting new weapons and your 4 set tier bonus.

As for waiting on runes, are you macroing blood tap? If you are make sure you "spread" your runes out a bit better to get rid of that downtime, also as I repeated like 12 times AMS is really good. The amount of runic power you can get out of it can make your entire rotation smoother. As for getting more haste, it's kinda get to a point for comfortable at and then stop, obviously simcraft is your friend and should help out some.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    Mostly it's your gear. Not having your 4 set, trinkets, and coming in with rather low IL weapons your not going to dominate the rankings.

Obviously there are some things to work on but they won't just magically get you into 95%+ logs.

I'm judging this based on the logs you linked and most of these will be nitpicks/minor errors.

Assault:
    * Missed one Pillar of Frost (Might have been pre pull) and ~three Plague Leeches .
    * 0 AMS casts, you can use this to soak magic damage for nice RP gains and also help you survive.
    * Only two Soul Reapers out of eighteen got the bonus damage, try to predict mob health better (cannons and beserkers are good targets for SR).
    * You can Dark Sim the casters to steal the massive aoe they do.
    * NO EMPOWERED RUNE WEAPONS (Might have been on CD from trash)

Iron Reaver
    * Could have AMS'd more, you can soak EVERYTHNG
    * You can start with ~90RP from presoaking on the cannons with AMS
    * Death and Decay isn't worth it on ST fights

Kormrok
    * Same with DND except for hands, only one of yours lined up together
    * Maybe a few more Soul Reapers

Council
    * Dying is a dps loss, you can AMS or IBF to help with the damage from reap.
    * More AMS usage, soak any magic damage you can.
    * DND

Killrog
    * AMS
    * DND
    * Maybe a tiny bit more SR usage?

Gorefiend:
    * Only one EMRW could have gotten two in a 9minute pull.
    * DND
    * Soul Reaper
    * AMS
    * Missed some PL.

Overall you seem to be doing fine for your gear level. Might want to glpyh regenerative magic, focus on getting new weapons and your 4 set tier bonus.

As for waiting on runes, are you macroing blood tap? If you are make sure you "spread" your runes out a bit better to get rid of that downtime, also as I repeated like 12 times AMS is really good. The amount of runic power you can get out of it can make your entire rotation smoother. As for getting more haste, it's kinda get to a point for comfortable at and then stop, obviously simcraft is your friend and should help out some.
    Thank you for your help i am going to start focusing on that.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgayatlas View Post
    You should use your UeH w/ Fel Cleave on this fight. SR on the 2 big adds is worth doing, but if you can help it try to do it on a Blood-Death rune (reason being you're more than likely going to use that recharged Blood rune on a blood boil shortly after.

Unholy Blight will yield better overall damage if managed correctly, giving you more globals for Blood Boil throughout the fight, but Plague Leech and perma-extending Necrotic Plague isn't necessarily too bad either. The rune return of Plague Leech is pretty nice for Blood Boils.

As far as other specifics, you can pre-AMS Fel Surge casts and it won't give you the debuff. You can potentially lose a lot of damage having to run out for them repeatedly and this helps alleviate that. On top of that you should try and get a higher pet transform uptime. It's pretty potent considering the transformed version will cleave the boss and both big adds with his empowered abilities.
    Thanks, your tips helped a lot! I messed up the execution a bit on some things, but managed to get a solid dps increase.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stino/advanced
    World of Logs:1. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=15
    2. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...159&target=166
    3. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=11
    4. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...latest/#boss=0
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): In the second linked log we were having a look at his necro plague uptime, but were really confused by the amount of time it spent at 1 stack after reaching 15. Is this a warcraft logs error, or is he actually doing something weird? In the other two they're just two of his logs for example, though his dps is around 30th percentile on most fights. The fourth link is just to his general logs page so you can pick and choose fights at will. What is he doing wrong? What can he improve on? Thanks for your time and help
    Last edited by Elevyn; 2015-10-06 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added proper links because I can do that now

Quote Originally Posted by Elevyn View Post
    Armory: /wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Bastino/advanced
    World of Logs: Warcraft logs: 1. /reports/QGLcDPYZ9zAFb4yB#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=15
    2. /reports/QGLcDPYZ9zAFb4yB#fight=8&type=auras&source=15&spells=debuffs&by=target&ability=155159&targ et=166
    3. /reports/YGkcKfCQZv9wd7mW#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=11
    4. /rankings/character/141592/latest/#boss=0
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): In the second linked log we were having a look at his necro plague uptime, but were really confused by the amount of time it spent at 1 stack after reaching 15. Is this a warcraft logs error, or is he actually doing something weird? In the other two they're just two of his logs for example, though his dps is around 30th percentile on most fights. The fourth link is just to his general logs page so you can pick and choose fights at will. What is he doing wrong? What can he improve on? Thanks for your time and help
    2. You took "cast by friendly" instead of "damage done by ability". The subsequent stacks of Necrotic Plague are not shown in the "cast by" section, iirc. If you look at the NP Uptime, it looks fine. the 86% comes from the Airphase. That said, you should really tell him to spec BoS for Singletarget fights (Reaver, Kilrogg, Socrethar, Fel Lord and Tyrant) or go with Frost for these bosses if he doesn't feel comfortable with BoS. Unholy NP on Reaver or Fel Lord is pretty bad tbh, even Frost can pull higher numbers.

3. I'm not sure if you're playing the 2 Camp tactic on Gorefiend, if so, he can't get NP on all Corrupted Souls = dps loss. Having two moonkins plus 3 melees that focus on breaking the Souls is great, but the reason to bring an Unholy with NP is to slowly dps down the Souls. If you wan't to keep that strategy, he should go BoS on this Boss as well.

This is only a quick look as I don't have much time, but besides playing the wrong spec/talents for some bosses, he's doing something wrong with his playstyle. I'll come back later if noone else replied to you, and have a look at his rotation/cd usage etc.