Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hello all.

I'm at a loss here, have no idea what I'm doing wrong and why is my dps so low. Ppl pull like 90k dps with similar gear and i pull like 50k...

www(dot)warcraftlogs.com/reports/vKQPVtcw4a1mxrZy#type=damage-done&source=9

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhallspawn View Post
    Hello all.

I'm at a loss here, have no idea what I'm doing wrong and why is my dps so low. Ppl pull like 90k dps with similar gear and i pull like 50k...

www(dot)warcraftlogs.com/reports/vKQPVtcw4a1mxrZy#type=damage-done&source=9

What the hell am I doing wrong?
    The biggest issue I noticed is that you ran blood tap and frequently where capped on charges for large period of time. While true, blood tap is the best talent in that tier if used correctly, if used incorrectly it can severely hurt your performance. I'd suggest you take runic corruption, it's only bit worse and will help you out quite a bit. You also capped your runic power at some points on manno for quite a while, not capping your resources if very important.

You cast 0 oblits on some of your achi logs, while it is rather weak ability, it's still worth using to make sure that you are not keeping your unholy runes capped. You did use some DNDs, but make sure your only doing that on AoE.

Something else to look at that may help is switching razorice to your mainhand while using DC, this will stack razorice on all targets your trinket hits increasing your AoE dps. You also cast some blood boils, sadly this ability is pretty much useless for frost and is never really worth casting. Make sure your remembering to use empowered rune weapon, you missed some casts of it on a few fights. One last thing to look is possibly increasing your AMS casts also, this will do nice amount of healing and give you some RP increasing your dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arturhorn View Post
    Hi, I tried looking at this thread but to be honest I don't even know what to look for. I know my playstyle is too spammy, but I try to manage everything but I rarely go above 20% on warcraft logs. Could you people take a look?

Char: Farenheit
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NZpKPaGwLMkA1W93 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NZpKPaGwLMkA1W93
    I don't have many logs because on most farm / progress I played blood (on xul soaking Black Holes)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nheit/advanced

Cheers!
    Sorry for the slow response...

The first thing I noticed is your dark transformation up time is quite low. Keeping it at a high uptime is very important, make sure your pooling RP before it drops off. While your breath uptime is good for the most part it often took you quite a while to get it going. You want to get it going ASAP to get the damage during the ring and keep it in sync. You also missed some gargoyle casts, make sure your keeping it on CD. Same with plague leech, using it during breath is super nice and can be great for extending.

During your breath and outside of it your casting a lot of festering strikes. You should for the most part be spamming scourge instead of fester for BoS fueling, as you will get a net -5 rp each second vs a more drastic drop off with festering strike. Hope that helps a bit, most of what your doing incorrectly is just minor fixes and ability timings, watch your CDs!

Adett the DK

Armory: //us .battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Adett/simple
    Spec: DW Frost
    World of Logs: //www .warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/893276/latest#bracket=13
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I feel like my dps is tragically low for my item level. My dps across most of the bosses in H HFC is far lower than what I would want it at. I have tried a few different things to fix it with limited success. I cant figure out if it's my rotation, skill, or talents. My rotation is a follows: Army, Pillar of Frost, Howling Blast, plague strike, howling blast x3, defile, Plague leach, outbreak, Howling blast x2, and using Frost strike when ever Killing machine is up. I also use Arcane torrent as a Runic power pot, Plague leach on cool down and Rune tap macro'd to Frost strike. If it's my skill please let me know so that I can improve. Thanks for your time. I entered spaces between the 'us' and 'www' and the '.' to post it.

Hey I have a question regarding weapons for unholy. I have these two weapons: hellrender vs maul of tyranny. as you can see hellrender is hc wf + socket(75 ms), while maul of tyranny is regular mythic version.

My current secondary stats with hellrender are:
    MASTERY: 48,36%
    MULTI: 35,14%
    HASTE: 38,40%
    CRIT: 24,54%

I am wondering which of these two weps are better for unholy.

My armory link is in my signature.
    Last edited by Parach; 2016-03-23 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parach View Post
    Hey I have a question regarding weapons for unholy. I have these two weapons: hellrender vs maul of tyranny. as you can see hellrender is hc wf + socket(75 ms), while maul of tyranny is regular mythic version.

My current secondary stats with hellrender are:
    MASTERY: 48,36%
    MULTI: 35,14%
    HASTE: 38,40%
    CRIT: 24,54%

I am wondering which of these two weps are better for unholy.

My armory link is in my signature.
    Did some quick sims, showing the hellrender ahead for both ST and AoE. (using your current gear/talents for both, might change with BoS but I think it may stay the same)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adett View Post
    Armory: //us .battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Adett/simple
    Spec: DW Frost
    World of Logs: //www .warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/893276/latest#bracket=13
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I feel like my dps is tragically low for my item level. My dps across most of the bosses in H HFC is far lower than what I would want it at. I have tried a few different things to fix it with limited success. I cant figure out if it's my rotation, skill, or talents. My rotation is a follows: Army, Pillar of Frost, Howling Blast, plague strike, howling blast x3, defile, Plague leach, outbreak, Howling blast x2, and using Frost strike when ever Killing machine is up. I also use Arcane torrent as a Runic power pot, Plague leach on cool down and Rune tap macro'd to Frost strike. If it's my skill please let me know so that I can improve. Thanks for your time. I entered spaces between the 'us' and 'www' and the '.' to post it.

This is mostly regarding your frost play, your armory shows you as unholy so I'm assuming you might be playing that now. But w/e.

Overall your casts just seem low, I compared some of your kills to mine with similar times and I was getting 10+ more HB/FS and less oblits/plague strikes. I think this is partially due to your low plague leech usage, you commonly have minimal casts of it (1-2) on quite a few fights.

Also, you commonly delay your defile quite a bit (15+ secs at some points) you want to be using this as close to on cool down as possible, just because of your delays you could have gotten two or more casts in on any given fight. Oblit also should only be used to keep your unholy runes from capping, something you wouldn't need to do as often if you got your defile casts out. Your plague strikes just seem random, your little opener your listed seems fine enough (get defile in faster, add AMS in if there is something to soak and whatnot) but you shouldn't be casting plague strike unless you need to refresh your dots, something you don't have to do that often if your not plague leeching properly.

You also said your using your Arcane torrent frequently, but I'm usually seeing only one or two casts of it a fight. Save it for when you have a chain of KM procs and don't have the RP you need. Make use of AMS, it's another great source of RP and can massively up your dps.

Also, don't macro your blood tap to frost strike, this makes the talent pointless. Take runic corruption or manually do blood tap correctly.

I'll take a look at your unholy in a bit but that should give you something to work on for frost.

Ty for help!
    Last edited by Caska157; 2016-03-30 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schworck View Post
    Hey guys,

been playing on my dk alt and don't seem to put out proper dps numbers. need some help on improving my unholy playstyle in partiular. can you point out some of the mistakes i made on these logs?

Character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...n/Jizzl/simple

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fPWaz#fight=10
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HGpma6AbR21wZWhT
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4XjQF3#fight=5

thanks in advance

i'm still looking for some advice on how to perform better as unholy. i'm having problems with blood tap and seem to have quite a bit of downtime in between runes regenerating as well as my ghoul/garg dmg . should i wait for my ghoul transform before popping my garg or should i use garg on cd?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Caska157 View Post
    I always seem to just average at Gorefiend as Unholy. Never horrible but never great. I know I should be pumping WAY more out with my item level. I'm on Soul duty, so no using BoS. I'm using Mythic UeH and Mythic RH trinkets. I would appreciate some feedback on my log. Ty!

https//www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/qPDTMmXRLFJ1vpdc#type=damage-done&fight=29
    Your dark transformation uptime was not great only 50%, vs the 80ish you want. This is going to be a large amount of damage lost. The other thing I saw was you only cast one UB across the entire fight and towards the end. Judging by your festering strikes casts and your your NP uptime you where not extending it forever and it dropped off quite a few times and you didn't use UB to re-stack it up quickly. These are by far the biggest things.

A few other small things, a some missed soul reaper casts, can also get some on the tank add. Only one AMS cast, and not even during feast, this is a bunch of free RP. I tend to save my gargoyle for the first feast but either way is fine. Your trinket also had really really bad rng, proccing for the first time during feast.

Should kinda cover it.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm still looking for some advice on how to perform better as unholy. i'm having problems with blood tap and seem to have quite a bit of downtime in between runes regenerating as well as my ghoul/garg dmg . should i wait for my ghoul transform before popping my garg or should i use garg on cd?

thanks in advance
    looking at it will update soon TM

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    Your dark transformation uptime was not great only 50%, vs the 80ish you want. This is going to be a large amount of damage lost. The other thing I saw was you only cast one UB across the entire fight and towards the end. Judging by your festering strikes casts and your your NP uptime you where not extending it forever and it dropped off quite a few times and you didn't use UB to re-stack it up quickly. These are by far the biggest things.

A few other small things, a some missed soul reaper casts, can also get some on the tank add. Only one AMS cast, and not even during feast, this is a bunch of free RP. I tend to save my gargoyle for the first feast but either way is fine. Your trinket also had really really bad rng, proccing for the first time during feast.

Should kinda cover it.
    Ty for the reply! I will try and improve on all of those, as they should be easy fixes. There is one question I have. Should I be trying to extend NP for the entire fight and never let it drop off no matter what? Or should I only extend it long enough until UB is available again?

Quote Originally Posted by Caska157 View Post
    Ty for the reply! I will try and improve on all of those, as they should be easy fixes. There is one question I have. Should I be trying to extend NP for the entire fight and never let it drop off no matter what? Or should I only extend it long enough until UB is available again?
    The goal is to get it to your next UB cooldown generally, but on gore it's best to get it to the end of the first feast (~3mins) and then let it drop off, or having it drop off pre-feast and not falling behind on souls. (I prefer extend all the way though seems to preform a bit better)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really looking to get my DPS "Fixed" right now.
    But I would like to hear what you guys would see as a good guide to DWFrost, and perhaps Unholy (for later use) that is current as of 6.2.4

I don't really want to head for icy veins or random videos because I know how terrible those can potentially be from experience..

I'd prefer a video guide verified by a good player, but I'll take a written guide as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Not really looking to get my DPS "Fixed" right now.
    But I would like to hear what you guys would see as a good guide to DWFrost, and perhaps Unholy (for later use) that is current as of 6.2.4

I don't really want to head for icy veins or random videos because I know how terrible those can potentially be from experience..
    Unholy:
    http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=78
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SOJ...ature=youtu.be

Frost:
    http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PubP...ature=youtu.be

The youtube guides sometimes goes for the easier options (Like NP for frost) but are mostly good. The written guides are somewhat out of date, but are still the best out there. The only thing it really leaves out are the BiS lists are wonky and trinkets may not be 100% accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy:
    http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=78
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SOJ...ature=youtu.be

Frost:
    http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PubP...ature=youtu.be

The youtube guides sometimes goes for the easier options (Like NP for frost) but are mostly good. The written guides are somewhat out of date, but are still the best out there. The only thing it really leaves out are the BiS lists are wonky and trinkets may not be 100% accurate.
    I'm really not worried about gearing right now

I first want to understand the spec itself. Since you can actually really muck up your spells with the way the runes work on this class.

Anyway, cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah after watching that I think I'll start out by using NP with frost myself, just to get into it. And then when I get some gear and get comfy, I'll start using defile.
    Will have to practise some with the rune dancing, but I'll probably get the hang of that relatively quickly.

Thank you for your feed back. I am not Unholy At the moment, I was probably testing to see the difference in the dps. I will definitely implement what you suggested. Thank you for your time.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ugarlol/simple

Progressing on mythic Gorefiend right now. I have two questions:

1) I can't get my hands on a M Vial, so I'm stuck with HFC trinkets. Should I get a 6/6 Skull of War instead of the warforged EDH? Or should I just aim for a DC?

- I highly despise BoS, but I'm still trying to learn the playstyle for st fights. Until now I just tried it on garrison dummies, and I can't get more than 7-9 secs uptime without using ERW. Even with PL I just can't get enough rp between gdcs to keep breath up longer. What am I doing wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ugarlol/simple

Progressing on mythic Gorefiend right now. I have two questions:

1) I can't get my hands on a M Vial, so I'm stuck with HFC trinkets. Should I get a 6/6 Skull of War instead of the warforged EDH? Or should I just aim for a DC?

- I highly despise BoS, but I'm still trying to learn the playstyle for st fights. Until now I just tried it on garrison dummies, and I can't get more than 7-9 secs uptime without using ERW. Even with PL I just can't get enough rp between gdcs to keep breath up longer. What am I doing wrong?
    Yes, 6/6 Skull of War would be much better than a EDH for BoS.

ICD of SoW is 115 seconds so it kinda lines up with ring and BoS.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-03-29 at 12:33 PM.

thanks in advance
    looking at it will update soon TM
    You have some what limited recent logs and the more glareing issue for mannaroth was your trinket choice, somthing you already corrected on Archi. It's also quite difficult to really look at progression logs for patterns in what you are doing correct/incorrect as each pull is so random and strats/talents/w/e is still getting changed. That being said....

Manno:
    • Dark sim on the imps is a nice way to grab a bit of extra damage if they still stay up for a while with your group. Also look for imps that missed the grip and then aim the fireball into the group for cleave damage.
    • Dark sim uptime just seems a bit low, you can pre soak with AMS to get a bit of RP before manno fully spawns and either save it for the boss or put some into your ghoul.
    • Don't be afraid to over extend your dots a bit, your uptime was a bit spotty including dropping off right before imps.
    • You missed a few soul reapers, only getting one in on a doom lord, you had two up so a bit more difficult but still try to get both. Also try to time the SR timer around shadowforce.
    • Missed a ERW cast (had 10 secs of the cd being up towards the end) not major but make sure you watch for it to be back up.

Overall you did nicely on this fight, biggest thing was the trinket and your ring IL.

Archi:
    • Same deal with DT, watch the timer a bit better.
    • Same with SR, start getting them in before he phases, also might be able to get one in on the first deathcaller.
    • Some of the same issues with NP dropping off, seemed to drop right before he transitioned. Extend it a bit extra around the dogs/p3 to make sure it won't drop if you get chains/mark/dance.

Most of it seems fine, your using defensive as you should. Biggest thing is just figuring out how you fit into your group. If you find that the dogs are no problem and your dps on them is meaningless you might want to try breath, however NP can also be rather effective on the infernal sooo... Just plan ahead with your RP and AMSs to up your DT usage and then watch timers/NP to over extend when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all

So my guild recently started raiding Mythic, and they have a 9/13 mythic leader with a bunch of members that have done lower on mythic already/know the fights well.

I am new to mythic in terms of first hand experience, and came across some criticism regarding my character

I need someone to review my DK and tell me if I am speccing wrong, gearing wrong, or using my rotation wrong, just an overall what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Armory link - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Draecor/simple
    Warcraft logs of the Killrog fight on mythic

warcraftlogs. com/reports/Cc4Ld7YVap8yt3jN#fight=15&source=9&type=summary&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24casts%240% 240.0.0.Any%24123384112.0.0.DeathKnight%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2445529

just add www and delete the space before .com, apparently I cannot post links yet

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dmchellfire; 2016-03-30 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmchellfire View Post
    Hi all

So my guild recently started raiding Mythic, and they have a 9/13 mythic leader with a bunch of members that have done lower on mythic already/know the fights well.

I am new to mythic in terms of first hand experience, and came across some criticism regarding my character

I need someone to review my DK and tell me if I am speccing wrong, gearing wrong, or using my rotation wrong, just an overall what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Armory link - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Draecor/simple
    Warcraft logs of the Killrog fight on mythic

warcraftlogs. com/reports/Cc4Ld7YVap8yt3jN#fight=15&source=9&type=summary&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24casts%240% 240.0.0.Any%24123384112.0.0.DeathKnight%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2445529

just add www and delete the space before .com, apparently I cannot post links yet

Thanks in advance
    Council(adjusting the log/casts for when you died):
    • Your losing out on a few PoF casts, with your first being 11 seconds into the fight, wasting a good part of a opening ring (you guys don't seem to be popping on the pull but same idea)
    • Also missing a lot of plague leech casts, your fist one being two minute into the fight.
    • Defile is going to be better than NP in any situation when you can get 90% of the ticks hitting, something that should be easily doable on Council.
    • You cast plague strike a few times, should never do this when running NP as HB will stack it for you.
    • You missed a lot of soul reapers Gurtogg, always watch for 35% and be spamming it in whenever possible.

Killrog:
    • A lot of the same for Killrog, missed casts and random other stuff.
    • A few more oblit casts than you may want, you want to aim to only be casting it when you are about to cap both your unholy runes.

Gear wise your fine enough, bu your going to want to use razorice on your mainhand when using discordant chorus, it will stack razorice on everything it cleaves onto increasing your AoE dps. Biggest thing is to make sure your using your abilities on CD and getting those soul reapers in. Possibly a bit more AMS usage for some free RP but overall seems fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Council(adjusting the log/casts for when you died):
    • Your losing out on a few PoF casts, with your first being 11 seconds into the fight, wasting a good part of a opening ring (you guys don't seem to be popping on the pull but same idea)
    • Also missing a lot of plague leech casts, your fist one being two minute into the fight.
    • Defile is going to be better than NP in any situation when you can get 90% of the ticks hitting, something that should be easily doable on Council.
    • You cast plague strike a few times, should never do this when running NP as HB will stack it for you.
    • You missed a lot of soul reapers Gurtogg, always watch for 35% and be spamming it in whenever possible.

Killrog:
    • A lot of the same for Killrog, missed casts and random other stuff.
    • A few more oblit casts than you may want, you want to aim to only be casting it when you are about to cap both your unholy runes.

Gear wise your fine enough, bu your going to want to use razorice on your mainhand when using discordant chorus, it will stack razorice on everything it cleaves onto increasing your AoE dps. Biggest thing is to make sure your using your abilities on CD and getting those soul reapers in. Possibly a bit more AMS usage for some free RP but overall seems fine.
    Thanks so much for the feedback

Regarding these topics
    [*]Your losing out on a few PoF casts, with your first being 11 seconds into the fight, wasting a good part of a opening ring (you guys don't seem to be popping on the pull but same idea)

Noted, I have gotten into the habit now of popping it as soon as I do my pre-pot 2 seconds before the tank pulls, seems to be working well
    [*]Also missing a lot of plague leech casts, your fist one being two minute into the fight.

To be 100% honest here, I am only using it once I am 100% rune starved and cannot cast another Frost Strike or howling blast, any tips here on exactly when to cast?
    [*]Defile is going to be better than NP in any situation when you can get 90% of the ticks hitting, something that should be easily doable on Council.

I did actually switch to defile on one of the attemps (I think the second) but it did not seem to make a noticeable difference in my dps, so I switched back, would you say that it substantially increases the dps over the course of the fight when comparing it to NP?
    [*]You cast plague strike a few times, should never do this when running NP as HB will stack it for you.

I only use this as a filler when no other runes are up, should I take it out completely?
    [*]You missed a lot of soul reapers Gurtogg, always watch for 35% and be spamming it in whenever possible.[/LIST]

Indeed, I caught myself over committing on rotation close to 35%, then having no rune available once the boss hits 35%, definitely need to improve on that,