Well, I'm happy to see my favorite elf gal back in a cinematic. Her character design is so awesome, too bad the in game armor doesn't look that cool

(nor does the magic)
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Yo, we now have a catgirl companion. UwU

Oof, seems like a card game is the new feature for this update. Haven't played in a while, but that seems pretty underwhelming.

my guess is this is their way of repurposing ES legends. and/or cashing in on popularity of Gwent

Trying to imagine WoW coming out with an expansion that had essentially 0 gameplay/system features and how they would get absolutely raked over the coals for it. And both companies charge $40!
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

I'm assuming that, much like antiquities, the card game will add content to every zone in the game retroactively and not just the newest one? If so, that's pretty neat.

One of the things that keeps bringing me back to ESO is that not only is there a lot to do and see...the older zones don't lose relevance over time.

I'm an idiot. Realized that, and I've done this before, I forgot to use traders in terms of searching because I'd always mash enter rather than hit the actual "search" button at the bottom...

At least have one of my sets now, partially crafted and partially purchased, but finding another set was annoying so I kinda just half-assed it for now. It's already much better than what I was running before so that's nice. Now I just need to find a second set of gear with affordable accessories in it, because the few I was trying to find on traders in Mournhold were all stupid expensive. I guess the jewelcrafting grind isn't fun and making some accessories is a pain in the butt. Lame, but oh well.

I did start crafting writs though and holy hell the mod for that is hilarious. It like, does it all for you - autoaccepts all quests, either crafts all the items for you with the click of a button or highlights the stuff you need to craft with quest markers, automatically turns in and opens up chests. I don't even really know what I'm getting out of it since it happens so fast - materials, some recipes, gold, and XP I assume. I don't even care, I've got a ton of mats and watching the mod do its thing is kinda hilarious.

Which mod is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Which mod is it?
    Had to check Minion (shoutout to that program for handling mod installation/updating) but I think it's Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter.

I have most crafting professions maxed purely via deconstruction (enchanting/jewelcrafting are taking longer) and I did max out cooking for funzies but I've never bothered with them. Feel like I remember hearing/reading they were really good to do each day, but I haven't even begun looking into endgame daily shit and how that works/what's worthwhile.

Still focusing on finishing up zones, but I may as well do some dailies here and there. Also I guess it helps level enchanting a touch, since the universally recommended way to level that profession is to do it with another person and trade runes or something and that's not really an option for me : /

Enchanting and JC take forever yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty intense forum backlash to the (lack of) stuff in the announcement, will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments or follow the Blizzard model of focusing 100% on metrics and completely ignoring the vocal community.

Lazy writ crafter is amazing yes (and I happen to be in the same guild with Doulg, /flex ..... what.. its like the only thing I can flex in this game :P )

but.. quest markers on items you need to craft is a base UI thing. it was a recent addition, like multicrafting. so yes, while lazy writ crafter autocrafts, it only speeds you up a little bit nowadays. it also does nothing for cooking and alchemy quests at least last I checked. I'm still using separate addon for that. my favorite part of lazy crafter nowadays is that it also withdraws items for you from the bank in case you precraft (which honestly is so helpful with cooking and alchemy)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    it also does nothing for cooking and alchemy quests at least last I checked.
    Yeah, those are the ones it "doesn't" work on and there are just the quest markers for, same with enchanting. But I can totes live with that, I wasn't expecting it to functionally do everything for me to begin with so it was a pleasant surprise to see how much it automates.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/61573

Update on combat changes. It...seems good? Not reworking core combat (though they're apparently hiring a senior combat designer so maybe there's something else in the works) but...

Supposedly better ability scaling as abilities can now scale off weapon/spell damage and max stamina/magica, where many had an either/or before.

Condensing some offensive/defensive buffs so that we should hopefully have to spend less time recasting them to maintain them.

Some ability buffs, and some sound kinda cool like templar javelin being able to bypass block and power bash actually like, bashing.

For example, the morphs of Lotus Flower giving you the choice of gaining more healing overall or a significantly longer uptime for less micromanagement.
    Yaaasssssss, give me more lazy morphs for buffs.

Step in the right direction for sure. I'd prefer if the buffs were just passive for having the ability on, but if not double or triple duration would at least be nice.

I was just really hoping for a one-hand + spell setup in the xpack

15+ Year Old Account
    All the buff abilities should be outright removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Seems like a step in the right direction, at least.

Based on how it's worded though, you still won't be able to be a non-staff wielding magicka user.

Staves = magicka and everything else = stamina. But, you can still use a magicka ability every once and a while and get full damage benefits from your stamina and weapon damage.

One of my only gripes is that if I want to use magicka abilities as my primary abilities, I have to use a staff, because otherwise my heavy attacks won't regen magicka and I'll therefore have no way to sustain.

It's a minor one, really, but it still affects my game play quite a bit.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Enchanting and JC take forever yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty intense forum backlash to the (lack of) stuff in the announcement, will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments or follow the Blizzard model of focusing 100% on metrics and completely ignoring the vocal community.
    Eh if its how they normally operate, the backlash on the forum won't change much they weren't already going to 'address' one way or another. Forum backlash hasn't reverted or really altered most of the other changes that have come through with new game systems, expansion bits, etc. Probably more depends on what's already 'pretty much done' for the Expansion Announcement and what they could conceivably change at this stage, even assuming they are listening/wanting to.

But since so far none of the ongoing player backlash about making all the QoL improvements in the "new" CP system passive instead of active (the way the same skills were prior to the new CP system - stuff like crafting bonuses, chest/stealing bonuses, etc.) and other such things there's been sizeable player backlash about over the years -- I doubt the complaining about what is, or is not, in the expansion will make any difference.

I mean it isn't like the last expansion's "Artifacts" system (Or whatever is called, where you game RNG to dig up stuff) was all that exciting or 'game changing' - its just another minigame; just like the card game. And none of the push-back about the Artifact system changed any of it, and still hasn't. *shrugs*
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

It took me a good few years since I only play in short bursts but last night I finally finished the quest for Cadwell that involves going through all three of the faction storylines.

I plan tackle the Fargrave stuff next, since I've also completed Blackwood.

Well gave the game another pass.

Went into random dungeon on lvl 11. After second boss my bag was full (bought eso+). Dungeon was fun.

After finishing dungeon i realized that there are items i need to deconstruct, some should be saved for research, some should be sold, i need to buy daily mount upgrade, bag space and maybe bank?

And then i logged out. Why this game make me feel like idiot regardless if i spend money or dont.

Have there been any major shakeups with the new xpack stuff coming? Have been kinda waiting to see if they made combat more fun somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Have there been any major shakeups with the new xpack stuff coming? Have been kinda waiting to see if they made combat more fun somehow
    No major changes announced for combat. I don't even know whatall is in there beyond more content, but we're getting a few new companions, including one that's much more ok with more criminal activities.