Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I would prefer something more akin to Gorefiend's appearance.
    you wanna fatten us up?

I think he means this fella, not the new fat boss
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100709081406
    Last edited by Walrock; 2015-04-15 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    I think he means this fella, not the new fat boss
    I said what I meant and I meant what I said... and that is not it.

I get that it's the first round of changes, but i'm getting fucking sick of this roller coaster tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you wanna fatten us up?
    Maybe not the fat part, but the twisted horns coming out of the shoulders and helm, and the 'More Teeth than the Osmand Family' stomach bits could look awesome
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    But he's kinda right. People who call Demo "clunky" are probably those people who can't handle the "complexity" of the spec and hate it in result of it.

And because Blizzard always caters the majority, which don't raid mythic or have the "skill" to handle such a spec, they nerf Demo to no longer force people to play it when it comes to progress, even in heroic or normal guilds.
    no. demo is clunky. it's not that complex really. i'm no pro but it's just un-intuitive and doesnt feel smooth in any way. between saving up the right amount of MC procs, juggling meta to not fury cap etc, it's just kinda bleh.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's obvious they want to nerf Demo, so it is not the dominant spec. No, those nerfs arent going as is on LIVE, mostly because it is a nerf on almost all aspects of the spec. You cannot compare it to a single talent nerf. Plus, there are at least 2 months (i do suspect more, i am speculating a fall release of the patch) between now and 6.2 live. Instead of whining here about the sky falling, get your asses on PTR forums, Blizzard/WoW related tweets and various social media and whine there. Blizzard has become extremely susceptible to whiners the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    I love all the people saying wait and see when blizz since wod beta has done this cycle of Big sweeping nerfs in first iteration and not touching us for the rest of the ptr cycle or even giving us any response in our threads on the official forums or twitter.

Bliz will bring us right to the bottom, if you're lucky we might see a hotfix early on when warlocks are benched. I'm really glad my raid group disbanded now and I quit. This is not worth dealing with anymore.
    Blizzard has already responded to the complaints by trying to tell us to ignore the patch notes and to just get on the PTR and experience the nerfs first hand before complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    You guys are being dumb as hell.

Lets get it out of the way. This is the first iteration of the PTR. Warlocks aren't going live with 25% nerfs to every demo ability. That's just silly.
    You must be new ... no wait you registered 2011 ... what did Blizz do to you to make you forget all the nonsense they put on the live servers after tons of feedback about how nonsensical it is?

Was reading class patch notes again. CW is really very strong with multiple targets but fire mages, enh shamans and UH DKs are at least equal (or more) strong as we are. And still cannot see any adjustments to them. So CW power on multiple targets was not the reason. I am completely cool headed now (although I am pretty sure the nerfs will stay as they are now) but I would really want to hear why these other specs were not touched.

They should have a reason. I don't buy stupid statements like "they don't have a clue", "noone plays a lock among the dev team" etc. They must have some logic behind this. I would even accept arguments like "you had your expansion in MoP, let others now feel how the top is like". I only want some arguments!
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Looks like they've learned their lesson from MoP and keeping warlocks in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Was reading class patch notes again. CW is really very strong with multiple targets but fire mages, enh shamans and UH DKs are at least equal (or more) strong as we are. And still cannot see any adjustments to them. So CW power on multiple targets was not the reason. I am completely cool headed now (although I am pretty sure the nerfs will stay as they are now) but I would really want to hear why these other specs were not touched.

They should have a reason. I don't buy stupid statements like "they don't have a clue", "noone plays a lock among the dev team" etc. They must have some logic behind this. I would even accept arguments like "you had your expansion in MoP, let others now feel how the top is like". I only want some arguments!
    I'd love 200k+ damage instant cast pls.

Maybe the demonology nerf on the PTR is there, so Blizzard can ''force'' warlocks to try out the other 2 spec.. Or maybe im just dreaming.. Really hope those aint comming close to hit live.

Deleted
    I truly believe that the chaos wave, ToC and mastery nerfs were fine.... although! i think they should buff immolation aura so we have some sustained aoe. nerfing our instant aoe through chaos wave was fine. Yeah, anyone who doesnt think it was op our burst aoe... well... :P But definitely the soulfire nerf and hand of guldan were not called for!

I wonder: Does all this bring up the value of Demonbolt again? Since everything else was nerfed by the same amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I wonder: Does all this bring up the value of Demonbolt again? Since everything else was nerfed by the same amount?
    I was wondering the same thing, however all the spells that were nerfed are common to both specs. Servitude dmg was not changed... so I suspect the rankings wont either.

Actually, the Mastery adjustment may impact DB more than Servitude, since DB relies on DS for every fury dump.

The reason demo is getting nerfed is because they are looking at its damage once it has the spec trinket and 4 piece set. I counter that nerfing a spec based on what it could have is rediculous.

Look at it this way, add in 4 piece, add in trinket bonus (perhaps misquoted at pet(*pets) does 5,000% more damage) and then the wandering buff of the legendary ring and you have some massive damage potential.

The natural solution would be not not put insane bonuses on those items but in this case they choose to pre-nerf it to which I say get your items on destro and then switch back to demo.

15+ Year Old Account
    about that wandering buff of the ring... what if i´m the only caster in the raid? *confused
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The natural solution would be not not put insane bonuses on those items but in this case they choose to pre-nerf it to which I say get your items on destro and then switch back to demo.
    Yes, that would be the natural solution, which is why it seems strange that they wouldn't have just done that in the first place. It would seem like a poor design choice to make one spec's tier & trinket bonuses so much stronger than other specs that it requires a heavy nerf to every spell in the rotation.

I realize it's *very* early, but the thing that's concerning is simply that they seemed to ignore fire mages entirely. It makes me wonder whether they just noticed that arcane and fire were both being played a lot and thought "alright, that's balanced" (somehow not considering that it was because Arcane is arguably the best ST DPS spec in the game, while Fire is, along with Demo, arguably the best multi-target spec in the game). If Affliction or Destro could pump out ST DPS like Arcane does (or if they only had some mobility that would let them achieve their potential), then Demo would never be used on Gruul, Oregorger, and Blackhand.

OTOH, it could just be that Blizzard is focused more on trying to see how each spec's rotation plays out with the new tier and trinket and needed to force people off of Demo to get some data -- and then later on they'll tune the classes up or down to get them into line with another. Because as is, it appears possible that all three Mage specs will outperform all of the Warlock specs (in general, that is, as Aff will certainly exceed Frost on ST fights in any event, even though it's still miles behind Arcane).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Actually, the Mastery adjustment may impact DB more than Servitude, since DB relies on DS for every fury dump.
    It almost certainly would impact DB more simply because a much higher % of total damage comes from the caster in demon form while Servitude is offloading it to the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    about that wandering buff of the ring... what if i´m the only caster in the raid? *confused
    They've already said the ring will not function that way on live

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    They already confirmed those ring procs are out of date and not what will go live.