Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm talking about cutting edge for video games, not a specific platform. Usually that means a PC running things.

I doubt their plan was to make a console comparable to a PS4 anytime in the next 10 years. Even if the WiiU took off like a rocket ship.
    unless they planned on making a console that was just a wiiu in a different box ala the wii for the gamecube i dont see how they could possibly NOT make a console comparable to the ps4.

the only reason the switch is at the level it is, is because in order to keep it in handheld form and affordable they needed to keep the specs low.

a ps4 level handheld would probably be like 5-600 quid and thats before taking into account battery life, but if it were a stationary home console there would be no reason for it to be at this level
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    They could probably make a 2 teraflop home console for 300 and make a profit if it didnt have gimicks or expensive controllers. I just wish they would turn the Switch into their handheld, and release a 1.5-2teraflop home console by Holiday 2018. Any later than that, and it wouldnt have enough time to catch on and get ports before the PS5 or whatever comes out.

Speaking of which. Is anyone else worried about next gen systems? If a Ps5 comes out in 2020, best case scenario its 3 times more powerful than a PS4 Pro. Is that really enough to justify a next gen system? Going from 1.5ish teraflops to 8-10 would have been decent, but going from 4-6 to 8-12 is such a weak jump. I cant see a system having more than 10 teraflops by 2020. Thats more powerful than a 1080. Just dont see it. Maybe if the PS5 is 600 dollars, but not 400.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is you can clearly see the evolution from WiiU to Switch. They've been on a path and they're continuing down that path. What you propose is them shifting back to a more traditional console. That's something they abandoned with the N64.
    Id argue the Gamesube was still a traditional console. Even if it did have a handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved my gamecube. No idea why it didnt do well. Guess because it used mini discs, but it had on par graphics plus Nintenods IPs. Games weren't great, but had great memories with the pokemon coliseum games. Also <3 Mario Kart Double Dash.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2017-03-11 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I loved my gamecube. No idea why it didnt do well. Guess because it used mini dicks
    how lewd :P

- - - Updated - - -

My point is you can clearly see the evolution from WiiU to Switch. They've been on a path and they're continuing down that path. What you propose is them shifting back to a more traditional console. That's something they abandoned with the N64.
    wiiu is pretty traditional. the only thing non traditional about it was the fact it had a screen in the controller which for the most part just let you play video games while you poop.

if the wiiu had done well, by the time we got a ps4 level console it be a few years from now and probably around the time a ps5 would be announced
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    The WiiU wasn't a traditional console just based on the fact that it was streaming. The only reason it wasn't fully portable is the tech wasn't there yet. Now that the tech is there... Switch.
    Think how good Nintendo would have had it if they released the Switch as is in 2011. They would have dominated and probably been at 20m+ by the time the other consoles even launched. I know the tech wasn't even close to there then, but just imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how lewd :P

- - - Updated - - -

wiiu is pretty traditional. the only thing non traditional about it was the fact it had a screen in the controller which for the most part just let you play video games while you poop.

if the wiiu had done well, by the time we got a ps4 level console it be a few years from now and probably around the time a ps5 would be announced
    Fixed it. Thats funny and embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a huge fan of the original Blaster Master OST but Zero has some great tracks as well. Four tracks in the original are still superior and the ending music was better too, but damn if this one doesn't have a few great tracks and the Area 3 music being one of them. The overhead areas feature excellent music as well and are better than the original IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysTuVru_jrI
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Did nintendo learn nothing from amiibos or the snes mini?

Retailers don't even know when they can get more switches I mean cmon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    or tempered glass screen protectors.
    True, I didn't think about tempered glass screen protectors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Did nintendo learn nothing from amiibos or the snes mini?

Retailers don't even know when they can get more switches I mean cmon
    Yep, Kinda why I said fuck it and ordered mine from Fingerhunt. I do spend a little more then retail but its a monthy payment and it improves my credit.

They have ran out of the Neon (I got a Neon one ) ones and only got the gray ones left. I rather spend $400 with them over buying from a scalper from ebay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    such pocket, very big.

try harder bro
    What are you 9? You can clearly see it sticks out a lot in that pocket. So you still risk it falling out.

- - - Updated - - -

Game looks solid, sucks there is no hard copy.

If anyone wants a future F-Zero game u mite want to buy this...
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-11 at 12:51 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Heres the thing i do want a switch, but the problem with nintendo is third party. If you gona get me to blow that amount for a device, i need to have more then 5 game ill play on it for all its life time. Just like the Wii U it took 2 years to get 4 games id want to play on it, since there is no third party support anyway and the thing will collect dust until it gets there. So i got BotW on wii u and frankly after i compared it to the my friend switch friday, i gotta say the difference is so minimal the cost is just not worth it. Ill wait until theres at least 3 other titles i wanna play on it.

So mario this winter + 2.

-Metroid game
    -Fzero
    -Super smash
    -a not shitty star fox
    -FE
    -Xenoblade

give me two of any of these with mario and its when ill buy the switch. Because theres never gona be any real third party release on that thing thats worth buying. Its a problem neither PS4 or Xbone have, because even if their launches were also gameless, a few weeks/months after, third parties already had multiplatform AAA on it.

Im just a realist, i mean i did get a wii-u down the line and i have 20 freaking amiibos like a pleb on a shelve, but ya know i still got principles.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-03-11 at 01:22 PM.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Man, i really love rhythm games and i have no heard anyone talking about this. Its not ouendan/elite beat agents but ill be picking this up when i get my switch

Until I can play Zelda BOTW (unless my Switch comes early) can't wait.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man, i really love rhythm games and i have no heard anyone talking about this. Its not ouendan/elite beat agents but ill be picking this up when i get my switch

It's one of the best ones I've played. It's currently on iOS with a really weird payment model. I'll probably get this too b/c it has all the songs and ones limited to the Switch. I'm just worried b/c I know my iPads touchscreen will be light years ahead of anything they could do with this. Still gonna be good though.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account

Waiting until my glass screen protector comes in before I buy and download that game. Also hoping for proper Hatsune Miku games now but I'd take an HD Nendoroid version though.

Edit: well that sucks, the screen protector was just delivered to my PO box so I have to wait until Monday to get it now. :P
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-03-11 at 04:54 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

It's a mobile port though.

Not saying it's a bad game, but it has only touchscreen controls and is also out on iOS and Android. So you could just download and play it right now.

Deleted
    I am so frustrated. Was thinking about grabbing a cheap Wii U off ebay, but it seems like the BotW performance on the Wii U is rather bad, especially in towns, and I am hyper sensitive regarding bad framerate.

And then there is the Switch, which is back in stock and I could grab one, but looking at the hardware and how games run I am not feeling very confident about the future. I really thought the Switch would match the 2013 PS4 normal version performance but it seems to be much much lower than that.

On top of that there are the build quality issues, the docking station scratching of the tablet, the connectivity, the lacking apps/browsers for the tablet.

No idea what to do. I love Zelda games, but why do there have to be so many compromises one has to take to play such a great game. I don't expect Zelda to look as overwhelmingly amazing as Horizon Zero Dawn, but why can't the game atleast be rock solid 1080p 30fps

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I am so frustrated. Was thinking about grabbing a cheap Wii U off ebay, but it seems like the BotW performance on the Wii U is rather bad, especially in towns, and I am hyper sensitive regarding bad framerate.

And then there is the Switch, which is back in stock and I could grab one, but looking at the hardware and how games run I am not feeling very confident about the future. I really thought the Switch would match the 2013 PS4 normal version performance but it seems to be much much lower than that.

On top of that there are the build quality issues, the docking station scratching of the tablet, the connectivity, the lacking apps/browsers for the tablet.

No idea what to do. I love Zelda games, but why do there have to be so many compromises one has to take to play such a great game. I don't expect Zelda to look as overwhelmingly amazing as Horizon Zero Dawn, but why can't the game atleast be rock solid 1080p 30fps :(
    It basically is.
    I've played around 50 hours and I can count the times my FPS has dropped.

Stop watching cherry picked FPS drops on YouTube. Start playing and enjoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I beat zelda last night because I didn't really want to play it anymore. I'll be getting boi, but aside from that - go-go paperweight for the foreseeable future and back to my ps4.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    It basically is.
    I've played around 50 hours and I can count the times my FPS has dropped.

Stop watching cherry picked FPS drops on YouTube. Start playing and enjoying.
    Dude seriously stop lying. The game isn't "basically" anything. In docked mode out in the world there is big fps drops and within a hour if playing it you will need more then two hands to count the times it drops.

No one is cherry picking shit, people like you need to stop spreading lies.

Now if someone plays BOTW in just mobile mode then they are fine.