Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Thems fighting words.

Seriously, I consider him below Valvatorez by a long shot.

Also maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time ever actually thinking of Disgaea as a strategy game. More like, a turn based RPG that happens to have a grid based combat. The combat lacks the depth that Fire Emblem has where certain classes are hard countered by others, so you have to watch out for the danger of someone being one shotted.
    Really? I was reminded of Final Fantasy Tactics, and immediately fell in love with the Series(Laharl <3), Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness being my first title. Haven't played Fire Emblem that much, recently got the Collectors Edition of Shadows of Valentia, but due to lacking time right now, didn't play it. Hope it isn't too hard, the way you describe it makes me a bit wary :-(.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Story of Seasons is the real Harvest Moon that you know of.
    Rune Factory 4 is the better Harvest Moon for me. So addicting ^_^ Dating and Marriage, super customable Home, large farm, Cooking and Crafting, Festivals, Events, so much more. I even like the combat.
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2017-05-30 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Really? I was reminded of Final Fantasy Tactics, and immediately fell in love with the Series(Laharl <3), Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness being my first title. Haven't played Fire Emblem that much, recently got the Collectors Edition of Shadows of Valentia, but due to lacking time right now, didn't play it. Hope it isn't too hard, the way you describe it makes me a bit wary :-(.

Rune Factory 4 is the better Harvest Moon for me. So addicting ^_^ Dating and Marriage, super customable Home, large farm, Cooking and Crafting, Festivals, Events, so much more. I even like the combat.
    Disgaea is very confusing to me. There are so many ui pop ups for every character, and during the demo I tried doing combos like it said, but they never seemed to work. Also cant get past +1 on the first stage. It wants me to do more damage, but theres nothing to hit. Guessing its one of those things where you come back later to get the rewards. I'm definitely interested in the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Really? I was reminded of Final Fantasy Tactics, and immediately fell in love with the Series(Laharl <3), Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness being my first title. Haven't played Fire Emblem that much, recently got the Collectors Edition of Shadows of Valentia, but due to lacking time right now, didn't play it. Hope it isn't too hard, the way you describe it makes me a bit wary :-(
    The biggest risk comes from forgetting you had a character out of position, and then they get slaughtered, or being cocky and having one of your characters get killed.

The newer fire emblem games (including Echoes) has a difficulty mode where you can disable permadeath though, so it would be more similar to Disgaea in that element.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Disgaea is very confusing to me. There are so many ui pop ups for every character, and during the demo I tried doing combos like it said, but they never seemed to work. Also cant get past +1 on the first stage. It wants me to do more damage, but theres nothing to hit. Guessing its one of those things where you come back later to get the rewards. I'm definitely interested in the game though.
    Maybe read some guides on gamefaq or watch some Let's Plays on youtube. The Tutorials are rather confusing and I didn't consider them helpful at all. There are some things that don't get explained at all, and you don't really know what is important, and what can be dismissed. There is a lot of stuff to do, so it can be quite overwhelming at first. Before you get frustrated, check out some guides - I did, and didn't feel spoiled at all.

For Disgaea 5, check this out. Also check out the /r/Disgaea/, but beware of some spoilers ;-).

The biggest risk comes from forgetting you had a character out of position, and then they get slaughtered, or being cocky and having one of your characters get killed.

The newer fire emblem games (including Echoes) has a difficulty mode where you can disable permadeath though, so it would be more similar to Disgaea in that element.

Oh, Perma-Death will 100% be turned off, and most certainly will play on the easiest-difficulty. I am not the best strategist .

Just got an email from Squeenix about a PS4/Switch/PC JRPG from Tokyo RPG Factory (the I Am Setsuna devs). I don't know why, but the email had no mention of the PC version. Go figure.

http://www.lostsphear.com/
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-05-30 at 07:26 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Just got an email from Squeenix about a PS4/Switch/PC JRPG from Tokyo RPG Factory (the I Am Setsuna devs). I don't know why, but the email had no mention of the PC version. Go figure.

http://www.lostsphear.com/
    That is definitely weird, 'cause the announcement trailer shows the Steam logo at the end.

I know a lot of folks want rune factory switch but man do i want an Etrian Odyssey that has more of the its not a fantasy world but the far far post post post apocalyse future ala nier stuff in the plot/locations.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-05-30 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I know a lot of folks want rune factory switch but man do i want an Etrian Odyssey that has more of the its not a fantasy world but the far far post post post apocalyse future ala nier stuff in the plot/locations.
    you goofed your spoiler

you goofed your spoiler
    Well shit.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stardew Valley really sucks with a controller.

Switch version better make use of touch controls because it's a damn chore to try to play the PS4 version when the game was designed to be used by a mouse and they did NOTHING to change that, just straight ported it and made the right analogue control the mouse pointer.
    Is mouse and keyboard support enabled for PS4?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with news about the current tech shortages for devices, are we still saying Nintendo is purposely creating artificial demand? Its kind of obvious now why the ceo wasn't sure they could sell 10m now. All I have to say is screw apple.

So with news about the current tech shortages for devices, are we still saying Nintendo is purposely creating artificial demand? Its kind of obvious now why the ceo wasn't sure they could sell 10m now. All I have to say is screw apple.
    Uhh yes...

Have you paid attention to how many games Nintendo is selling?

You really think they can't afford to take a say $5-10 increase on each Switch manufactured to make them faster?

The GDDR5 modules Sony had in the PS4 where harder to come by in year 1 then anything in the Switch and Sony managed to produce them at a far higher pace then Nintendo is doing the Switch.

Artificial shortage created by being conservative with money is still an artificial shortage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh yes...

Have you paid attention to how many games Nintendo is selling?

You really think they can't afford to take a say $5-10 increase on each Switch manufactured to make them faster?

The GDDR5 modules Sony had in the PS4 where harder to come by in year 1 then anything in the Switch and Sony managed to produce them at a far higher pace then Nintendo is doing the Switch.

Artificial shortage created by being conservative with money is still an artificial shortage.
    Apple can throw around much more money and has much more pull than Nintendo. How are you so certain that it would only be 5-10 dollars more per unit either.. Seems like a made up figure to me.

Apple can throw around much more money and has much more pull than Nintendo. How are you so certain that it would only be 5-10 dollars more per unit either.. Seems like a made up figure to me.
    It's no more made up then the fact you think Apple and Nintendo are in a bidding war for parts when in reality it's just the supply and demand price point currently.

It's like for example Amazon has Zelda for $50 but it's sold out, if you go to your walmart it's likely to be $60. That's all we're talking about here, different outlets having higher prices.

There is no bidding war happening kiddo. If there was there wouldn't be a single Nintendo Switch made as they would never beat Apple in said bidding war.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no more made up then the fact you think Apple and Nintendo are in a bidding war for parts when in reality it's just the supply and demand price point currently.

It's like for example Amazon has Zelda for $50 but it's sold out, if you go to your walmart it's likely to be $60. That's all we're talking about here, different outlets having higher prices.

There is no bidding war happening kiddo. If there was there wouldn't be a single Nintendo Switch made as they would never beat Apple in said bidding war.
    So maybe they signed a contract to get X amount of parts, but any more than that likely wont happen. Theres a ton of articles about it now. Assuming you have read those, but none of the authors has the same attitude as you about it.

So maybe they signed a contract to get X amount of parts, but any more than that likely wont happen. Theres a ton of articles about it now. Assuming you have read those, but none of the authors has the same attitude as you about it.
    It's called Nintendo being overly conservative like they always are. The same reason I told you they wouldn't exceed their projections by much, when they easily could if they capitalized on the hype.

It's not a matter of bad guy apple keeping parts from Nintendo it's a matter of other people keep paying rising costs for parts but Nintendo is too conservative to do so.

There is no contract, you don't get all of your parts from the same source or you wouldn't be manufacturing much at all. Nintendo is simply bargain bin hunting and only buying when they see what they think is a good deal.

Dropped from 1000 feet using a drone.

Still works. It looks like the Switch as a good amount of Nintendium in it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Dropped from 1000 feet using a drone.

Still works. It looks like the Switch as a good amount of Nintendium in it.
    Calling bullshit on that one. Sure, left Joycon shattering on the right impact angle could absorb much of the shock from lesser heights, but no visible damage after spinning around the parking lot by the rebound?

Yeah, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Digital Foundry speculates on what's next for Nintendo and their partnership with nVidia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats new about the byte and bark trailer?