Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Assuming Switch Smash isn't a port, will they change Greninja's Final Smash into Mega Evolution like Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo?
    Greninja doesn’t have a mega evolution like the other theee do so probably not?

- - - Updated - - -

For all intents and purposes, Greninja has Mega.

That’s not a mega form. That’s a slightly altered visual form based on the anime where Ash’s Greninja wanted to look more like him. That’s not even anywhere remotely close to what a mega evolution is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Greninja doesn’t have a mega evolution like the other theee do so probably not?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s not a mega form. That’s a slightly altered visual form based on the anime where Ash’s Greninja wanted to look more like him. That’s not even anywhere remotely close to what a mega evolution is.
    yeah and primal reversion is also completely different from mega evolution
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Technicalities aside it's a transformation.

We don't need Comic Book Guy to teach all the super srs pokemon lore and talk about what kind of transformation it is. I doubt most people care. People have wanted Ash-Greninja in Smash 4 already, it's probably a change that has a high chance of happening.

I just hopped in to say that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a much better game than I gave it credit for, and Bayonetta is imho the best game ever. Being a huge From Software fan, I will be double dipping on the Dark Souls remake for my ps4 pro and the switch.

Whats up with Nintendo games never dropping price?

Zelda Breath of the wild is still 100 bucks, same with xenoblade 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Whats up with Nintendo games never dropping price?

Zelda Breath of the wild is still 100 bucks, same with xenoblade 2
    100 bucks? Australia?

Nintendo games never drop in price period. 1) They usually have strong legs and don't need discounted to continue selling outside of launch windows and 2) Nintendo believes it devalues the game. It takes a MASSIVE BOMB for Nintendo to price cut a game, the last I can remember is Wonderful 101. Outside of that they usually throw scraps at the "Nintendo Selects" library years after games are out.

Short story, don't wait on price cuts for Nintendo games it will either never happen, or happen 2-3 years later with a Selects version. The best you can hope for is sometimes retailers having 20% off sales, or 20% off preorders at best buy/amazon. Sometimes you might get really lucky at a large store putting a few on clearance, but that is rare as Nintendo rarely ships stores enough stock to warrant putting things on clearance.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-21 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    100 bucks? Australia?

Nintendo games never drop in price period. 1) They usually have strong legs and don't need discounted to continue selling outside of launch windows and 2) Nintendo believes it devalues the game. It takes a MASSIVE BOMB for Nintendo to price cut a game, the last I can remember is Wonderful 101. Outside of that they usually throw scraps at the "Nintendo Selects" library years after games are out.

Short story, don't wait on price cuts for Nintendo games it will either never happen, or happen 2-3 years later with a Selects version. The best you can hope for is sometimes retailers having 20% off sales, or 20% off preorders at best buy/amazon. Sometimes you might get really lucky at a large store putting a few on clearance, but that is rare as Nintendo rarely ships stores enough stock to warrant putting things on clearance.
    Close enough, new zealand.

They see it as weakness? Hmm interesting.... games depreciating over time makes sense and nearly all other developers do it. Oh well thanks for the answer.

They see it as weakness? Hmm interesting.... games depreciating over time makes sense and nearly all other developers do it. Oh well thanks for the answer.
    All other developers over ship to retailers and have no choice but to. Nor do their games have the legs of Nintendo games typically. Also when you buy say a Zelda game you're not getting another Zelda game for another 5 years probably. Not like other games with yearly or bi yearly releases, where they need to discount previous versions. It doesn't make sense to Nintendo because they don't really do things the rest of the industry does.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah and primal reversion is also completely different from mega evolution
    Primal Reversion and Battle Bond have the exact same effect as Mega Evolution. Only their activation mechanic is different.

And hey, that means they don't take a Mega slot!

Primal Reversion and Battle Bond have the exact same effect as Mega Evolution. Only their activation mechanic is different.

And hey, that means they don't take a Mega slot!
    i was using the sarcasms

- - - Updated - - -

nintendo games dont depreciate in value like most other games. the majority of them actually increase in value over time.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

nintendo games dont depreciate in value like most other games. the majority of them actually increase in value over time.
    So they are the ferrari of the gaming industry and keep stock intentionally low to drive up value?

So they are the ferrari of the gaming industry and keep stock intentionally low to drive up value?
    I'd say more Harley Davison... they do exactly what you say about stocks while selling outdated inferior tech ridiculously far above their cost value to a sect of zealot-level devoted fans who adore the name more than the actual product. :P

...I could also say they're more like Apple then, but even Apple doesn't engage in intentional low-stock volumes to artificially drive up demand.

- - - Updated - - -

No they do not.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...games&_sacat=0

That's just Nintendo Gamecube games and 3rd party Gamecube games alone, one of the more popular Nintendo systems.

Unless those games are on the Wii-U because those are dropping like a stone.

Also the majority of Nintendo games that went up in value was games that was on the N64 or older. Gamecube games mostly hover around $30-$40 unless its really rare ones like Fire Emblem.

There is even games on the NES,SNES and N64 that are much cheaper now then they was at release (looking at all the Zelda and Mario titles).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-21 at 10:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'd say more Harley Davison... they do exactly what you say about stocks while selling outdated inferior tech ridiculously far above their cost value to a sect of zealot-level devoted fans who adore the name more than the actual product. :P

...I could also say they're more like Apple then, but even Apple doesn't engage in intentional low-stock volumes to artificially drive up demand.
    Uhh the Switch costs $257 to manufacture(http://tech.nikkeibp.co.jp/dm/atcl/c...id=nbptec_twbn). Throw in shipping and retailer's cut and Nintendo is lucky to make $10 on each one sold. They definitely aren't "overpriced". Comparing them to apple is laughable. Some of Nintendo's games might be overpriced, the system certainly is not.

Some of their games are overpriced, but talking about Switch shortages in relation to their games is not even close to true. While in some situations you might have trouble finding a Nintendo game the weekend of release you usually won't. It's just they don't OVERSTOCK stores with their games to the point stores will clearance them out to free up room.

Nintendo ships them what they think they can reasonably sell, and ships them more when they get low. Compared to other publishers who ship stores way more fucking copies then they will sell for months to come, and they need to be moved some how. If you want to realize how ridiculous it is go to your local Walmart and check out how many still have "Day 1 edition" or the likes of games that are months and months old. Those are literally sitting on the shelves forever, and that forces price drops. Nintendo is much smarter in their strat then average publisher here IMO, might be bad for consumers in some ways but also good in others. It welcomes early adoption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Unless those games are on the Wii-U because those are dropping like a stone.
    The only Wii U games I see rising in value over the years will be W101, XCX and TMS if those games don't get ports. W101 and TMS especially since they are sub 250k sellers, not a whole lot out in the wild. Both are pretty cheap now, will stay that way if Switch ports come but if not they're gonna balloon.

Pikmin 3 would be ridiculous if not for the selects reprint. It was already valued over MSRP before it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-21 at 10:21 PM.

*silently prays that color splash does not get a port and dies in a dumpster*
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    *silently prays that color splash does not get a port and dies in a dumpster*
    That shit is getting ported 100% and will sell well on the Switch unfortunately. Hell, it sold well on the Wii U considering when it was released.

Thanks sticker star for being the highest selling Paper Mario game!

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...king-on-switch

Ark: Survival Evolved is coming to the Switch this Fall and porting company Abstraction Games is surprised at how fast they got it ported to the Switch (a few weeks) and were excited to get it's debut at the Unreal keynote talk.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/...21479213977601

Rumor: Wolfenstien II Switch will be playable at PAX East. Get there before another Nor'easter hits.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...king-on-switch

Ark: Survival Evolved is coming to the Switch this Fall and porting company Abstraction Games is surprised at how fast they got it ported to the Switch (a few weeks) and were excited to get it's debut at the Unreal keynote talk.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/...21479213977601

Rumor: Wolfenstien II Switch will be playable at PAX East. Get there before another Nor'easter hits.
    Top: And it will run like shit just like it does on XB1/PS4/Pro/X

Bottom: Awesome can't wait for the Wolfenstien II port, That's where ill play the DLC
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/ga...-switch-games/

Redbox kiosks in Salt Lake City, Denver, and Nashville will be getting Switch games for rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only Wii U games I see rising in value over the years will be W101, XCX and TMS if those games don't get ports. W101 and TMS especially since they are sub 250k sellers, not a whole lot out in the wild. Both are pretty cheap now, will stay that way if Switch ports come but if not they're gonna balloon.

Pikmin 3 would be ridiculous if not for the selects reprint. It was already valued over MSRP before it.
    Ya those are the only games I could see on the Wii-U gaining value but its highly likely they all get a port.

The more ports the better IMO.

Nintendo needs to give me a Majora's Mask (3DS version) port but sadly if they happens its a longggggggg ways away. Really I would be happy with a port of any Zelda so I can have a actual Zelda game to play on my Switch.