Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, they have the options in the game they just don't work.

They could fix it, or not. Either way I wouldn't be surprised.
    The current matchmaking will never give people the consistent 1v1, No Items, Final Destination, Fox Only they want.

Too many casual players in the same pool will just hit Quick Play AKA 4-player Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The current matchmaking will never give people the consistent 1v1, No Items, Final Destination, Fox Only they want.

Too many casual players in the same pool will just hit Quick Play AKA 4-player Smash.
    The casuals will be gone in a month.

And this is irrelevant because the options are literally broken. I have matched with a friend randomly with us both having the same settings yet it put us in a 4 player match. That is literally broken options.

Like I said, they could fix it, or not. Either way I wouldn't be surprised.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cra...#post-15892812

Someone at ResetERA who claims to work for a big retailer in the UK claims that the disappearing Switch physical preorders for the Crash Team Racing remake are because Activision told them they aren't sure they are going to ship physical for the Switch. Will post more if those details change.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...switch-1167948

Reggie Fils-Amie in an interview with Hollywood Reporter: Classic Consoles will be gone after this Christmas; Nintendo Switch Online will be the way for retro Nintendo gaming going forward since they can add on to it unlike Classic consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Reggie Fils-Amie in an interview with Hollywood Reporter: Classic Consoles will be gone after this Christmas; Nintendo Switch Online will be the way for retro Nintendo gaming going forward since they can add on to it unlike Classic consoles.
    Called it.

There is no reason to make the classic systems when they can just add the games to NO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/nintendo-president-smash-bros-classic-console-future-switch-1167948

Going forward .. except for the many people who have original systems and the cartridges to go with them

Or Retrons / ROMs, EverDrives, etc ..

I kind of wish Nintendo would just put their damn games on a cartridge like Sega did on the Switch last week.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/18/17...ase-date-price

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Alien Soldier
    Alien Storm
    Altered Beast
    Beyond Oasis
    Bio-Hazard Battle
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Columns 3: Revenge of Columns
    Comix Zone
    Crack Down
    Decap Attack
    Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
    Dynamite Headdy
    ESWAT: City Under Siege
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Flicky
    Gain Ground
    Galaxy Force 2
    Golden Axe
    Golden Axe 2
    Golden Axe 3
    Gunstar Heroes
    Kid Chameleon
    Landstalker
    Light Crusader
    Phantasy Star 2
    Phantasy Star 3: Generations of Doom
    Phantasy Star 4: The End of the Millenium
    Ristar
    Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    Shining in the Darkness
    Shining Force
    Shining Force 2
    Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sonic Spinball
    Space Harrier 2
    Streets of Rage
    Streets of Rage 2
    Streets of Rage 3
    Super Thunder Blade
    Sword of Vermilion
    The Revenge of Shinobi
    ToeJam & Earl
    ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
    Vectorman
    VectorMan 2
    Virtua Fighter 2

All on a Switch cart for $30 USD that won't go away when online services change.

Come'on Nintendo, step it up. The classic consoles are cute and all, but put em on the Switch: ON A CARTRIDGE!

I wouldn't mind picking up their game collection. It's easily accessible by the family, and doesn't require other consoles / controllers / wire tangles.

As to their online shenanigans, they are welcome to keep them to themselves
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-12 at 02:56 AM.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cra...#post-15892812

Someone at ResetERA who claims to work for a big retailer in the UK claims that the disappearing Switch physical preorders for the Crash Team Racing remake are because Activision told them they aren't sure they are going to ship physical for the Switch. Will post more if those details change.
    Even if they do ship physical versions you will still have to download most of the game.

Hell didn't the XBO version of Spyro come with literally 300 MB of data on the disc and you had to dl the rest? ROFL. They don't even have an excuse for shit like that, other then deliberately trying to screw over physical users and nudge them to digital.

Activision cant even do a simple cash grab remake without screwing it up somehow with even more greed rofl.

Found it. Apparently 300 mb was too nice, it was even less then that.

Fully expect the CTR remaster to be a worthless waste of space on physical as well, regardless of if Switch gets one or not.

Found it. Apparently 300 mb was too nice, it was even less then that.

Fully expect the CTR remaster to be a worthless waste of space on physical as well, regardless of if Switch gets one or not.
    Anyone got the ratio for 238 mb to 42gb? Thats got to be under 0.1%

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...switch-1167948

I ain't even mad. I'll pay a few bucks a month if it gets me full unlimited VC, even if the online sucks donkey doo doo still.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been replaying botw again to see if i still hate it and i guess having my own room in the winter and being all snuggly under the blankets makes it at least nice to play this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ive been replaying botw again to see if i still hate it and i guess having my own room in the winter and being all snuggly under the blankets makes it at least nice to play this time.
    It's definitely not a bad game, I just hate the fact it's not really a zelda game when the only unique dungeon in the entire game is hyrule castle and the rest of the game is mostly copy pasted assets.

Hopefully for the next 3D zelda they can keep the physics engine, but ditch the stupid durability that does nothing for the game and add real dungeons.

It's still fun to play and definitely feels magical at times but shrines and divine beasts where not good substitutes for dungeons IMO.

It's definitely not a bad game, I just hate the fact it's not really a zelda game when the only unique dungeon in the entire game is hyrule castle and the rest of the game is mostly copy pasted assets.

Hopefully for the next 3D zelda they can keep the physics engine, but ditch the stupid durability that does nothing for the game and add real dungeons.

It's still fun to play and definitely feels magical at times but shrines and divine beasts where not good substitutes for dungeons IMO.
    It feels empty really (probably getting a thousand angry responses with this because how wrong I am).

In terms of open world you can do so much more with Horizon Zero Dawn or with the Witcher because you have quest that are supplementing the story at that moment. When I play Red Dead Redemption now have random encounters that ''mean something'' unlike those in JRPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It feels empty really (probably getting a thousand angry responses with this because how wrong I am).

In terms of open world you can do so much more with Horizon Zero Dawn or with the Witcher because you have quest that are supplementing the story at that moment. When I play Red Dead Redemption now have random encounters that ''mean something'' unlike those in JRPG's.
    RDR2 does not have random encounters, they're all scripted. There is just so many of them all over the place, but they all trigger in the exact same locations at the exact same times for any player.

I don't have a problem with BoTW's world if it actually had dungeons. The physics engine makes the world feel alive in a different way then a game like RDR2 does with just brute forcing scripted events all over the place.

Also I would say a JRPG takes the cake on side content actually mattering in the game. That is XCX, where as you progress the side quests you literally see the world and new LA change around you. So not sure about that comment(although I'm not sure what JRPGs have to do with this discussion in the first place, BoTW is NOT a JRPG).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-12-12 at 09:54 PM.

RDR2 does not have random encounters, they're all scripted. There is just so many of them, but they all trigger in the exact same locations at the exact same times for any player.

I don't have a problem with BoTW's world if it actually had dungeons. The physics engine makes the world feel alive in a different way then a game like RDR2 does with just brute forcing scripted events all over the place.
    It's a game, everything is scripted....random pokemon encounters is scripted.

It's about the feeling it gives, suddenly hearing a women calling for help it adds live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    When will the Nintendo Switch come with a quality that corresponds to it's price?
    The Switch is worth it for Octopath Traveler alone.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It's a game, everything is scripted....random pokemon encounters is scripted.

It's about the feeling it gives, suddenly hearing a women calling for help it adds live.
    No something that's random is not scripted.

Something that's scripted is not random.

There is a massive difference in these things. If you save 5 mins before a "random encounter" in RDR2 and go to same spot the same encounter is going to be there again. If you save 5 mins before a random battle in pokemon and go there, it could be the same battle or it could not be... because it's actually random.

RDR2 creates immersion from brute forcing scripted events all over the world. BoTW creates immersion through the best physics engine ever made in an AAA open world game. I enjoyed RDR2 a lot more then BoTW even and your comparison is nonsensical, BoTW is not trying to be like a Rockstar game.

Rumor: Nintendo may change the name of the Switch eShop to Nintendo Switch Online Shop, a change which was spotted in legal documents of Nintendo suing a California man for selling Classic consoles with over 800 games and modded Switches.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...-games-1168690

Said name change is located at the top of page three of the legal documents.

- - - Updated - - -

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/media-cr...2-3-18-12-9-18

Media Creates: Switch has surpassed the 6 million sold milestone for the Switch in Japan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dumb name. N shop. Send that check nintendo

Activision .. oh Activision.

I won't bother to pay for your trilogy of Spyro, because you can't be bothered to put all the games on one disc .. (or two you shits).

I'm gonna pass on CTR too, because I already own the PS1 game, and if you think I'm gonna download it just to play the same game I already own (for another download) .. guess again.

to CapCom..

I think it's great you also had Mega Man X1 / X2 on Switch, half for download, just to screw up collectibility. I'll continue to pass on that as well. You aren't enticing me CapCom ... you're only showing your poopy ideology. You were great, once. I will remember you as you once were, but you became an in-distinguishable pile of poo.

MM11 was kinda good though, as your saving rope.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-13 at 03:52 AM.