Deleted

Why is there a limit on how much you can sell in a timespan?

Really annoying when I'm trying to get rid of all the items I collected during my jumping puzzle binges through the BLTC, but I'm constantly getting the message "you have sold too many auctions recently". I don't care about how much I get, so I'm just selling to the highest bidder, which goes really fast, but I keep getting that message after like 5 ot 6 sales. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Part anti-botting and part integrity checking, is my guess. Make sure all transactions go smoothly and keep automated auction bots from lagging things down with excessively fast trades.

Its so the market can't be flooded or used to launder transactions by automated processes as easily. To most end users the limit is not even known or reached. Those end users it effects are so marginal as to be statistically insignificant in many cases.

Anet consulted my previous employer on how to build their micro-transaction service within an in-game transaction model. It is likely Anet took some liberties of their own, but also as likely they limit transactions for the same reason we did; bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to John Smith, it's due to technical reasons.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Cap#post808444
    Last edited by Fernling306; 2015-05-09 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    That must be a really hard to fix technical reason. I can post 85 auctions in seconds in WoW, but GW2 would make me take 15 minutes. I know, completely different engines and systems, but still, it's a really annoying system.

GW2's system is also global, WoW's is not

It's actually gotten better, before the AH revamp I would sell stuff get the error and then wait a minute or 2 sell 2 or 3 more things then another error. Now it is usually sell a bunch wait a few min and sell a bunch more.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    GW2's system is also global, WoW's is not
    That is relevant why? You are still taking limited data from their db depending on your search, filters, etc. It should make no difference global or not unless yo 'jailbreak' it with the gnashblade command allowing many more listings to show & load at once. You can really see how faulty this laggy AH is then.

the bigger the database is, the worse the performance is going to be

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Its so the market can't be flooded or used to launder transactions by automated processes as easily. To most end users the limit is not even known or reached. Those end users it effects are so marginal as to be statistically insignificant in many cases.
    You have got to be kidding me. I play for an hour, then go to sell just the stuff I have picked up in that time and I hit the limit every single time. The only way anyone isn't hitting this limit is if they don't bother using the TP. Or they decide to spend a ridiculous amount of time figuring out what to sell their stuff for.

Statistically insignificant my arse.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.