Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wow that sucks.

Here in Western Australia, any time there is an event pokemon EBGames and JB-HIFI both give out leaflets that have the codes hidden under the scratchy scratch stuff.
    I think the last time we ever had a mystery gift event that I can remember was the HGSS Arceus (I think it was the one that you could use at the Sinjoh Ruins? Or could you use any Arceus for that event?).

- - - Updated - - -

So, Frogadier didn't evolve in the gym battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, is Olympia evil or something in the anime? In the last few screengrabs of the latest episode, she's got this really creepy look on her face as she's alone in psychic space mode thingobob with her Meowstics.

Or does it have something to do with Ash winning the gym battle, or what Sycamore was talking to her about?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait: she's probably sensed that something is going on with Zygarde; what with those green pictures and the Z pattern on the last screengrab.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Nah, if anything, Olympia looks high AF:

Nah, it was just too much herbal tea on breakfast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys twins with a psychic link?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Are you guys twins with a psychic link?
    We were actually discussing how Olympia looks high yesterday in the skype chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you people talking about Nuzlockes and stuff, I'm gonna play through one, on a version I haven't played in ages: Platinum.

But I'm gonna randomize it. Any advice on if I should randomize moves and abilities of pokemon? On one hand the random factor makes pokemon so different that it can be a headache to deal with opponents, but on the other hand playing through it alone makes that surprise factor less interesting. Opinions welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

While Lana being in the Kalos Elite Four ment that they were financially quite secure, Wendy still wanted to chip in with the household's finances. Finding a paid employment for a Pokémon was not the easiest of tasks, but after a while they found a restaurant owner who was interested in the idea and soon enough, Wendy started in her new job as a waitress.

deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    All you people talking about Nuzlockes and stuff, I'm gonna play through one, on a version I haven't played in ages: Platinum.

But I'm gonna randomize it. Any advice on if I should randomize moves and abilities of pokemon? On one hand the random factor makes pokemon so different that it can be a headache to deal with opponents, but on the other hand playing through it alone makes that surprise factor less interesting. Opinions welcome!
    My randomized settings:

Random encounter with 1:1 area mapping, so all the rattatas on route 2 would be randomized into a certain other pokemon, but wouldn't be a different pokemon every time.

Random trainer pokemon

Random trainer classes. This can make for some hilarious npc names

Random abilities

Random moves

Random tms, but keep tm compatibility

Random static encounters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    My randomized settings:

Random encounter with 1:1 area mapping, so all the rattatas on route 2 would be randomized into a certain other pokemon, but wouldn't be a different pokemon every time.

Random trainer pokemon

Random trainer classes. This can make for some hilarious npc names

Random abilities

Random moves

Random tms, but keep tm compatibility

Random static encounters
    That's usually what I use as well, with the exception of the area mapping and trainer names/classes. I'm probably gonna roll with these settings. Maybe I'll get a Sap Sipper Swampert to overthrow Joey Pokeaim's Volt Absorb Blastoise. I'll probably tweak them a tiny bit, but nothing too drastic.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Just beat Wallace for the eighth badge, here is the team atm:

Manectric
    Leafeon
    Lucario
    Gyarados
    Charizard
    Pupitar

Honestly, one of the most solid teams I have ever had in any playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Oh, wow that sucks.

Here in Western Australia, any time there is an event pokemon EBGames and JB-HIFI both give out leaflets that have the codes hidden under the scratchy scratch stuff.
    I think the last time we ever had a mystery gift event that I can remember was the HGSS Arceus (I think it was the one that you could use at the Sinjoh Ruins? Or could you use any Arceus for that event?).

- - - Updated - - -

So, Frogadier didn't evolve in the gym battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, is Olympia evil or something in the anime? In the last few screengrabs of the latest episode, she's got this really creepy look on her face as she's alone in psychic space mode thingobob with her Meowstics.

Or does it have something to do with Ash winning the gym battle, or what Sycamore was talking to her about?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait: she's probably sensed that something is going on with Zygarde; what with those green pictures and the Z pattern on the last screengrab.
    Think the last time we had a code event here was the GAME UK shiny Charizard event. May have to go back there sometime within the next week with my OR and Y for the Hoopa.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I randomized the Platinum rom and began my adventure.

My starter choice was between Happiny, Magby, and Gastly. For a moment I felt tempted to take Magby, but ended up taking Nappy the Gastly (who I forgot to nickname, apparently...)! Nappy is male, has a Mild nature, and started the game with the moves Magma Storm, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, and Lunar Dance. In addition, he has the Download ability. Thanks to my rival taking Happiny, I gained a truckload of xp which took me straight to level 8, upon which Nappy wanted to learn Doubleslap. I took it in place of Lunar Dance. Arceus forbid I misclick on that <.<

In any case, I'm hoping to keep this thing alive, because it started as a freaking powerhouse.

Oh nevermind, you nickname your starter on the second town in these games.

Oh dear gods. Rowan gave me the TM27, which is usually Return. It was randomized into Nasty Plot. And Nappy is compatible.

I... I need a moment.

- - - Updated - - -

And my route 201 encounter is a level 2 Shinx, which I named with the cliché Raiden. It is Careful, with Shed Skin. It has the moves Flamethrower, Crush Claw, Assurance (almost had a heart attack when he used that on my Gastly), and Odor Sleuth.

And on Lake Verity... a Bidoof. Disappointment intensifies.

- - - Updated - - -

And the first casualty, before I even faced a single trainer. Raiden fell to a wild Chingling's crit Revenge. The salt levels are rising.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-10-23 at 06:37 PM.

And the first casualty, before I even faced a single trainer. Raiden fell to a wild Chingling's crit Revenge. The salt levels are rising.
    For whom the bell tolls...

10+ Year Old Account

I usually run randomized pokemon, no legendaries, area themed (funny to see Fire types while surfing lol), random moves, same abilities, same trainer pokemon, and no game-breaking moves. Ive had a number of nuzlockes ruined by Dragon Rage's 40 HP damage on a lowbie 'Mon
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Just beat Wallace for the eighth badge, here is the team atm:

Manectric
    Leafeon
    Lucario
    Gyarados
    Charizard
    Pupitar

Honestly, one of the most solid teams I have ever had in any playthrough.
    Any losses yet?

I lost my lvl 52 Dragalge to Lysandres Gyrado's (the fight before the mega evolution fight). And then after the Xerneas fight I lost my lvl 55 Jolteon who couldn't take out his Mega Gyrados with Thunderbolt and with a Zap plate (I mean...) and I got a crit EQ back in the face, not sure the crit would've mattered but it got extra salty.

Got a Charmander and Staryu earlier so those will be my replacements.

Team:
    Gardevoir
    Camerupt
    Gardevoir
    Nidoqueen
    +
    hopefully Charizard and Starmie :f

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS MOTHEROOKING RIVAL GOT A HO-OH AS HIS SECOND POKEMON! Oh dear god how am I gonna make it through this one alive...

And it has Flash Fire. I'm limited to Doubleslap to hit this thing.

Oh, awesome, it has Destiny Bond too.

Froze it with my Kricketot's Tri Attack. Thawed on the first turn.

And of course it goes for Destiny Bond on the turn I take it out. Rest in peace, Buzz the Kricketot.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-10-23 at 08:32 PM.

THIS MOTHEROOKING RIVAL GOT A HO-OH AS HIS SECOND POKEMON! Oh dear god how am I gonna make it through this one alive...

And it has Flash Fire. I'm limited to Doubleslap to hit this thing.
    Rip in Pepperonis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao View Post
    Any losses yet?
    I lost Aron way back on Route 110 to a surprise Hidden Power Fighting from an opposing Abra, but since then? Nope, it's been pretty smooth sailing a solid team. I did replace Scyther for Larvitar(now Pupitar) after Fortree City, my fire weakness was already too much. For Flannery I had to bring in a ringer, a level 30 shiny Wailmer someone so kindly traded me, which helped me take down her Torkoal. I had had great luck with wonder trading in this run, apart from a few bad mons like Unown and Wobbuffet, dupes clause saved me from a lot of shit. I ended up also getting a shiny, competitive, Rotom-W and a shiny, competitive Feraligatr holding a Life Orb, both lvl 100. I didn't use them, I just decided to keep em for when I transfer my mons back from Pokebank.

I just arrived at Ever Grande City, flew back to Lilycove, erased all the shitty TMs I needed in order to get through like Strength, Rock Smash, and Surf, and replaced them with usable moves. Everyone basically has their final move set and I just need to grind a bit, at least until Pupitar evolves, before facing the Elite 4. I have the mega stones for Manectric, Gyarados, and CharX, so I have plenty of options for the E4, I'm not too worried. Fun fact, in my X wonderlocke, I also ended up with a CharX in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course it goes for Destiny Bond on the turn I take it out. Rest in peace, Buzz the Kricketot.
    Lelelele wooooooooooooooooooooooooop
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-10-23 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo Khaz... my Route 203 encounter is a Treecko.

It took my Cascoon out with a Poison Tail crit. There goes my plan to have a party of 6 before continuing the game. At least I caught it on the first ball. Khaz the Treecko joins the team! It has god damned Poison Heal. Its moves are Grass Knot, Poison Tail, Iron Tail, and Mirror Shot.

Can't believe I already lost 3 pokemon before the first gym, though. I'm really bad at this :\

Anyway, with some backtracking for fishing, and 3 deaths, I have a party of 5.

Dead we have a Cascoon, Shinx, and Kricketot.

On the party there's Gastly, Treecko, Bidoof, Marill, and Sunkern. I'm not too excited for Marill. It has nice moves, but without Huge Power I might as well call it my sacrificial piece.

Oh yeah, there's also a Whismur I failed to capture because of a Doubleslap crit.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-10-23 at 08:57 PM.

Yo Khaz... my Route 203 encounter is a Treecko.

It took my Cascoon out with a Poison Tail crit. There goes my plan to have a party of 6 before continuing the game. At least I caught it on the first ball. Khaz the Treecko joins the team! It has god damned Poison Heal. Its moves are Grass Knot, Poison Tail, Iron Tail, and Mirror Shot.
    Oh man, you are lucky, you are more or less set then. Be warned though, if it dies, I shall NEVER forgive you!