Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    E3? It is a big Switch game now.
    theyve never done that before. if we dont get an announcement before e3 its likely not coming this year but early next. if its coming this year we will likely get an announcement by the end of may and then more info at e3/corocoro
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theyve never done that before. if we dont get an announcement before e3 its likely not coming this year but early next. if its coming this year we will likely get an announcement by the end of may and then more info at e3/corocoro
    They've never done game on the big console either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Is this star wars?
    Someone needs to extend this, and pu the Duel of the Fates ost over it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

This is getting worse & worse. I really hope all these are just nonsense and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    This is getting worse & worse. I really hope all these are just nonsense and nothing else.
    Kanto is holy genwunner site. Just like FRLG, nothing beyond 151 will be in the game.

Deleted
    As long as the story is an interesting continuation to the original gen 1 I'm fine with returning to Kanto. They really should add some of the new Pokemon in there though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanto is holy genwunner site. Just like FRLG, nothing beyond 151 will be in the game.
    Which isn't true. You can catch a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon in the Post Game of FR and LG. If there's only 151 in the main story then that's fine and should actually be expected, although I think it'd be more fun to have a lot of Pokemon from all gens in it. But if the dex is only 151 even in Post Game that is a colossal mistake.

Not being able to transfer all my Pokemon to the Pokemon Switch game would be the one thing that would possibly make me drop Pokemon forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is a chance we may have more than just Kanto.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Which isn't true. You can catch a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon in the Post Game of FR and LG. If there's only 151 in the main story then that's fine and should actually be expected, although I think it'd be more fun to have a lot of Pokemon from all gens in it. But if the dex is only 151 even in Post Game that is a colossal mistake.

Not being able to transfer all my Pokemon to the Pokemon Switch game would be the one thing that would possibly make me drop Pokemon forever.
    If the angle of capitalizing genwunners and Pokémon Go fad (three fucking years too late!) is true, they really might have it with only the 151.

If what is going around is true, not only will I not buy or support the switch game, but I will actively discourage everyone I know from buying it. I have never done anything of the like. They had better not mess the switch game up.

Kanto and only 151? WTF. This will not stand, to hell with them.

- - - Updated - - -

If the angle of capitalizing genwunners and Pokémon Go fad (three fucking years too late!) is true, they really might have it with only the 151.
    They really better not. This will be a travesty if true. We are talking about a mistake of an age.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we all should take a huge chill pill and wait for E3, cause honestly the only thing that actually approaches any kind of confirmation is that they've got domains set up with the names.

Now from those names we can assume a couple of things like Kanto (Pikachu/Evee) and some sort of Pokemon Go connection (Lets Go), perhaps that's its more likely to be a sequel than a remake. HOWEVER at the end of the day that's just what they are, assumptions. We could end up looking at actual remakes, we could end up looking at a legitimate Gen 8 set in Kanto (or not), we don't know and I'm gonna disregard all rumor videos, posts and whatnot as I usually do. And let's be real having the game locked down to the OG 151 is just too dumb to be true, after all
    Last edited by Nelavar; 2018-05-21 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New kanto pokemon:

This is interesting. This looks much better and I'd be happy if this was the case. Still no word about megas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    This is interesting. This looks much better and I'd be happy if this was the case. Still no word about megas though.
    [video=youtube;3DA8VQg25js]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DA8VQg25js[/vieo]
    If that information is true I am a bit more excited about it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    So Jörmungandr destroys the world and the new villains are the Pigmasks from Mother 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    So usless then.

But i wonder if its posible to give him the new ability by destroying other zygarde and then merge it.

This is good development. As a business, it's a risk to develop Pokemon for the Switch. So why not start with Kanto, going back in time while also banking on nostalgia, instead of developing the entire or latest universe of the hand-held games.

If Pokemon on Switch sells well then great, they can build more on it's success. If it tanks or undersells, then they haven't spoiled any new future creatures or legends, their hand-held market remains untouched and the damage from its "failure" would be isolated to a specific side-game in the franchise----similar to Pokken.

As Pokken and these new games & their community grows over time, we may see unseen characters, story updates, versions and new attacks once this small Kanto risk pays off.
    Last edited by BellBlitzKing; 2018-05-25 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BellBlitzKing View Post
    This is good development. As a business, it's a risk to develop Pokemon for the Switch. So why not start with Kanto, going back in time while also banking on nostalgia, instead of developing the entire or latest universe of the hand-held games.

If Pokemon on Switch sells well then great, they can build more on it's success. If it tanks or undersells, then they haven't spoiled any new future creatures or legends, their hand-held market remains untouched and the damage from its "failure" would be isolated to a specific side-game in the franchise----similar to Pokken.

As Pokken and these new games & their community grows over time, we may see unseen characters, story updates, versions and new attacks once this small Kanto risk pays off.
    There's no risk in releasing Pokemon for switch, Pokemon as a brand sells no matter what. There's no handheld coming, the switch is a handheld.

Gamefreak doesn't have the option of releasing on 3ds forever it was either release on switch or don't make anymore Pokemon games because the switch is the only Nintendo console that's there to develop for. There will be no 4ds or Wii 2 the switch is it

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this isn't a spin off and isn't in anyway comparable to pokken. Pokken is a fighting game made by namco with nothing to do with game freak or even Nintendo. This is a main series game being made by the team that normally only works on new generations and has been in development since sun and moon ended and the b team started making usum
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552