Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I know what is their goal. They will simply move those old pokemon to old generation (Sinnoh). As a new game.

Forget abauth every pokemon from this game to be in new game.

At least corgi is real.
    If DP remakes happen, watch it not having anything besides Sinnoh Dex either. So not even Trading and Battling with SS.

Doubt many if any previous starters will be (that's another 63).
    oh

CHARIZARD will be there (Champ has a Charizard)

AND he will have Dynamax too

because its Charizard ..

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    oh

CHARIZARD will be there (Champ has a Charizard)

AND he will have Dynamax too

because its Charizard ..
    Charizard will be there by virtue of being a Gen 1 Pokemon. They'll all be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Charizard will be there by virtue of being a Gen 1 Pokemon. They'll all be there.
    Yeah. All 153 Kanto Pokemon will be there just to facilitate transfers from Lets Go. And with full Pokedex being somewhere around 300 to 400, that is pretty damn big portion of all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weeelll, I think the idea of me getting a Switch for SS has just been lobbed into a super nova being eaten by a black hole...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Pokemon Tree House on youtube currently at a pretty decent like to dislike ratio. Let's see if we can get some more dislikes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well, within the interview he is asked whether all Let's go pokes could be transfered and he kind of dodges the answer by just reassuring "Yes, if it's in the Galar pokedex then it can be transfered."
    I was already somewhat relieved and about to finally buy a switch, thinking "oh well, my favorite is in let's go anyway"... but now im doubting that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Pokemon Tree House on youtube currently at a pretty decent like to dislike ratio. Let's see if we can get some more dislikes?
    Dislike ratio was at 20% in the evening; now it's at almost 50%...

needless to say; i've done my part.

Can we trade in the shitty thing that is Dynamax for a whole national dex, please? :P
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2019-06-12 at 06:31 AM.

Pokemon had it's peak in gen 3/4 for me
    enjoyed the games there the most
    starting with gen 5 it's not the thing anymore...
    guess I'll stick to hacks and old games

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still incredulous that they're actually doing this. How do you mess up a franchise this big and successful with worse and worse mistakes every time?

Let's Go really were a sign of things to come. It almost feels like they're pushing the envelope and testing just how much they can get away with and still make a fat profit. In just a few minutes, they killed every bit of hype they generated with the previous direct. So much, that almost no one is talking about the two new Pokemon that were revealed. That's how much of a fucking colossal fuck up and deal breaker this is. The games were actually looking promising, people were finally hyped about this after months of no news. And in just a few words, dead.

This shouldn't be surprising to any of us. After all, they did make the Let's Go games. And made a fat profit off it. Yet it still shocks me how low this franchise can go when it should be foolproof. Why? Is it arrogance from their part, some "too big to fall" complex? Just laziness? Just don't care? I don't really get it how they fuck up something like this.

I am just so confused as to why you would do this to your flagship franchise, even if you still expect it to sell like hot cakes, there's no way the fan's goodwill will keep lasting blunder after blunder...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

almost 2/3 dislikes
    never thought I would see that on a official poke video

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Yet it still shocks me how low this franchise can go when it should be foolproof. Why? Is it arrogance from their part, some "too big to fall" complex? Just laziness? Just don't care? I don't really get it how they fuck up something like this.
    Probably all of these reasons.

Saw the corgi and the fairy imp, came here to see people talking about it...learned something upsetting instead.
    Had to :

Not buying this piece of crap, thanks GF.

Edit :
    Also,
    その結果、今作から対応方針を変えることにしました。冒険の舞台 に合わせて、拘って登場するポケモンを決*ている
    Because of this, from this game forward, our policy will change. The Pokemon that will appear will be specially selected to fit the stage of adventure.

R.I.P. Pokemon
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-06-12 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Edit :
    Also,
    その結果、今作から対応方針を変えることにしました。冒険の舞台 に合わせて、拘って登場するポケモンを決*ている
    Because of this, from this game forward, our policy will change. The Pokemon that will appear will be specially selected to fit the stage of adventure.

R.I.P. Pokemon
    Yup. Seems they are digging in on the death of pokemon. That appears to be what some say is the true translation of the direct. I wont be buying any other games until this idiocy is absolved. Been playing since red / blue. Even as a kid, I hated not being able to get every pokemon due to version specifics. Not buying a game that I can't even transfer my pokemon too. Pokemon home is also useless now as well. Send your pokemon there and then watch them be trapped.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2019-06-12 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember to dislike the announcement video. Won't do much but atleast you can let your opinion be somewhat heard

He's doubling down ladies and gents.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/pok...ield-interview

Junichi Masuda, Producer: There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there's going to be more added in these games. And now that they're on the Nintendo Switch, we're creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it's coming down to the battle system. We're making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine.

We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system. It isn't just going to be all-new Pokemon in the Galar region Pokedex; there's still going to be a lot of favorites that fans will be able to bring over that they've adventured with previously. But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing and getting this optimal selection of Pokemon for the adventure we wanted to provide.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

- - - Updated - - -

The core appeal of Pokemon is the fantasy of being a master over powerful magical pets. Your choice of Pokemon is a statement. The sheer number of Pokemon is a part of that appeal, because the Pokemon you choose is how you express yourself in this world. There is great joy to be had in sifting through the hundreds of designs and picking your favorites, and then heading out to catch them, crossbreed them for the desired egg moves and natures, raising them, and fighting with them. There are so many Pokemon and possible ways to customize them with movesets that now team is the same. They are apart of your identity, how you present yourself in the game and to other people. To limit the choice of Pokemon is to limit the player's ability to fulfill that fantasy, and it makes every player's choice less special when they are corralled into a smaller pool of Pokemon to choose from, where it is more likely other players will be using the same Pokemon not because they want to, but because they couldn't pick their favorites. It's dissatisfying for the players who are stuck with Pokemon that they don't like as much as their favorites, and it's dissatisfying for everyone else are less special.

We've seen the footage. The Pokemon models aren't highly detailed and they don't interact with the environment or each other in complicated ways that require rigorous testing.

GameFreak is raking in untold billions of dollars from the Pokemon franchise. If they do not have enough 3D modelers or animators, they can easily hire on or contract additional staff. If they need further assistance, they are within the Nintendo family, which offers an incredible amount of support. Monolith Soft helped out the Zelda team when they were struggling with BotW's development. There is absolutely no reason why GameFreak shouldn't be able to take advantage of the resources at their disposal. What they have demonstrated here today is beyond laziness or stubbornness; it's downright disrespect towards their customers.

If it isn't a development issue, then it is willful ignorance of the desires of their customers. Either it is:

• 1. GameFreak wants players to use the Galar Pokemon rather than pulling in their old Pokemon as soon as they're able to be used. I don't see how this makes sense given that we've seen them use Pokemon from other regions like Aracanine and Wingull, and they've dealt with this well before with BW, where you were incentivized to use the new Pokemon but not barred from importing your old Pokemon, and 'Mons from other regions showed up right around when you had met and had experience with pretty much all of the new Pokemon.

Or

• 2. It's a marketing ploy so they can advertise a DLC, the special edition version of S&S, or the Sinnoh remakes as featuring all of the Pokemon.

There is no excuse here. This is just appalling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what? With each new Generation of games they'll cut more and more of the older roster because "it's too many"?

Also who does he think he's fooling with his lies? Greater animation quality? These are the same models since XY. They have almost no animations to speak of. I can see these same models in Go.

And balance? Give me a fucking break, these fuckers refuse to do any actual balance changes at all after 8 generations of games. The only notable things they do is add a small +10 or +20 to a stat or two, change an ability or two, maybe fix something that is obviously too broken to keep existing in its form (Parental Bond comes to mind)... and done. Sometimes they might hit the jackpot like with Dugtrio (that small Attack boost was enough to turn Dugtrio into a real threat) or Pelipper (became the best Rain setter not called Kyogre). With the removal of Megas and all that crap, you would need some drastic stat, typing, and ability changes to make some Pokemon be relevant at all. If Mawile is in Sword and Shield, do they think anyone's gonna give a crap about Mawile without the Mawilite? And that's just one "shitmon" out of many that I'm sure will be in the games. And I absolutely do NOT believe they are going to rebalance the remaining Pokemon in Galar to keep them relevant when compared to the likes of Tyranitar and other big powerhouses that have been staples in both Smogon and VGC. Even for a playthrough of the game, some Pokemon quickly become useless because they're just that bad.

I am legitimately angry at this shit. Out of touch is putting it nicely, these guys live in another dimension or timeline.

At this point you can never be sure that you can count on a feature or even an entire Pokemon line to carry on to the next games. That's a freaking disgrace. I cannot believe this franchise is reaching this point, it shouldn't be possible considering they are still successful beyond belief.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2019-06-12 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Yeah all those great animations really are showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    "But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing"
    "But yeah it was pretty much just balancing"

Fuck off Masuda, just fuck off. I'm done with Pokemon, cant consciously continue supporting this buffoonery.

- - - Updated - - -

There's even another nugget in that interview:

On defining characteristics of the Galar region and using the UK as inspiration:
    "It kind of ties in to the main scene we have for the game, which is this idea of being the strongest or the greatest. Being on the Nintendo Switch, I wanted to really challenge myself to create the greatest Pokemon experience yet using all the hardware power we didn't have before."

WOULDNT YA FIGURE THE GREATEST POKEMON EXPERIENCE YET WOULD REQUIRE, I DUNNO, ALL BLOODY 800+ POKEMON? SO THAT NO ONE GETS LEFT OUT BECAUSE THEIR FAVOURITE DIDNT MAKE IT? EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THAT WORKS MASUDA, PLEASE
    Last edited by Nelavar; 2019-06-12 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to keep up backlash. Or we will lose everything. I already boycoted lets go and phone go.

Also if pokemon lack animations --- just add a sprite. Not that hard.