Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    See, thats all conjecture though. Even a normie would know about the backlash. Its been widely written about in multiple news outlets all over the place. That isn't even the only thing that has people outraged either. You yourself gave several reasons. Not only that, but the "updated" graphics on a switch system has people really skeptical.

They are also very hush hush about what pokemon are coming in the new gen. We have gotten virtually no information at all. They know they messed up, and are already trying to limit the damage anyway they can. its obvious from how they are acting about this. Last gen, there were bits of information and updates being given out a lot leading up to the release. Including new pokemon here and there. We had a pretty good idea about the dex prior to release. They arn't really telling us much of anything now.

I think they know whats going on. The backlash was enough to get further comments out of them and a ton of news coverage that then led to shedding light on other issues. I just don't think the game will do well. Even for the average player since this is a console game that isn't really delivering a console experience or capabilities.
    I think you are overestimating what percentage of Pokemon's playerbase actually follows gaming news, even just peripherally. Unless I missed it hitting more mainstream media outlets, a vast majority is not going to know, is not going to care.

Its the same reason why CoD, Fifa, Madden, etc. never do badly no matter how much backlash towards these games there is within the core gaming community. These people just don't care, they are fine with getting their yearly release and that'll be that. Not to mention that a good chunk of Pokemon's playerbase is kids who'll likely be getting the game from their parents who care even less about the game's problems.

- - - Updated - - -

And shit, even among Pokemon fans that ARE aware there's still gonna be plenty that will buy the game. I mean, Lets Go sold reasonably well, that should tell you enough honestly.

LOL @ expecting SWSH sales to dip

not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Turns out the camp feature uses XY animations and not new ones, so why the fuck did they cut out the pkmns?
    Because they're lazy lying shitbags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    See, thats all conjecture though. Even a normie would know about the backlash. Its been widely written about in multiple news outlets all over the place. That isn't even the only thing that has people outraged either. You yourself gave several reasons. Not only that, but the "updated" graphics on a switch system has people really skeptical.
    You overestimate normies. They follow no news beyond official marketing trailers, if they even see those. Normies have no idea about this whole shitshow and are in for a rude awakening in February when most of their Pokémon are stuck unusable in Home because SS don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because they're lazy lying shitbags.
    According to the strategy guide book galar has slightly over 500 pokemons, which mean they cut out almost 400? If the strategy guide book leak is real.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

According to the strategy guide book galar has slightly over 500 pokemons, which mean they cut out almost 400? If the strategy guide book leak is real.
    Yup. Half of Pokémon gone, with no new animations for the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yup. Half of Pokémon gone, with no new animations for the rest.
    Mostly from gen 4.
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
    vs
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...V_Pok%C3%A9mon

Where is lopunny!!!!!
    If anyone wants to count it themselfs:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...3%A9dex_number

I hope the other game GF makes flops.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I hope the other game GF makes flops.
    I'd rather just get good games, period.

If Town is actually a good game and it becomes apparent that is where GameFreak's heart is, I'd say let them follow that and let people who actually care about the Pokemon franchise pick up the torch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd rather just get good games, period.

If Town is actually a good game and it becomes apparent that is where GameFreak's heart is, I'd say let them do follow that and let people who actually care about the Pokemon franchise pick up the torch.

It just looks bad. The only people buying this will be undertale freaks.
    To me it looks like some card-tower defense hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It just looks bad. The only people buying this will be undertale freaks.
    To me it looks like some card-tower defense hybrid.
    Lmao, have you noticed the FPS drops in fights?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, have you noticed the FPS drops in fights?
    Yep. Also:

man I love HikariToons, they're great

is there a way/link to read them all in english ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    man I love HikariToons, they're great

is there a way/link to read them all in english ?
    Siczak on Deviantart i guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    im lost what happened with the new games? losing pokemons? they are removing pokemon from the national dex or just adding few new ones this time? pretty sure we already had low numbers in alola, i was expecting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    im lost what happened with the new games? losing pokemons? they are removing pokemon from the national dex or just adding few new ones this time? pretty sure we already had low numbers in alola, i was expecting more.
    No National Dex in SwSh, ie not all Pokemon are available in SwSh. Only Pokemon listed in the Galar pokedex will be in. In every prior Pokemon game, every single Pokemon was at least programmed into the game and usable, even if they couldn't be caught in that region. However, this is not so in SwSh, as only Pokemon in the Galar dex are in the game. Ie, if Magmar isn't in the Galar Pokedex, you can't get Magmar in SwSh, period. Not through importing, not through hacking, nada. It literally isn't in the game. And from what we've seen, we'll be lucky if you can even get half of all Pokemon in SwSh. At the moment, it seems like there might be about 300 Pokemon in SwSh. There is absolutely no justification why Game Freak can not implement all of the Pokemon.

Really, this is just the last in a long chain of grievances the vocal Pokemon community has had for a while. The games have been consistently declining in quality since Gen 5.

Degradation in world design.
    Spoiler: 

Removal of gameplay features.
    Spoiler: 

Continued
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-09-10 at 09:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No National Dex in SwSh, ie not all Pokemon are available in SwSh. Only Pokemon listed in the Galar pokedex will be in. In every prior Pokemon game, every single Pokemon was at least programmed into the game and usable, even if they couldn't be caught in that region. However, this is not so in SwSh, as only Pokemon in the Galar dex are in the game. Ie, if Magmar isn't in the Galar Pokedex, you can't get Magmar in SwSh, period. Not through importing, not through hacking, nada. It literally isn't in the game. And from what we've seen, we'll be lucky if you can even get half of all Pokemon in SwSh. At the moment, it seems like there might be about 300 Pokemon in SwSh. There is absolutely no justification why Game Freak can not implement all of the Pokemon.

Really, this is just the last in a long chain of grievances the vocal Pokemon community has had for a while. The games have been consistently declining in quality since Gen 5.

Degradation in world design.
    Spoiler: 

Removal of gameplay features.
    Spoiler: 

Continued
    Spoiler: 
    Jesus, the rabbit hole is deeper than i though, i actually stop in x/y because the emulator was not working, so i don't know any news, but i tried sun/moon and find rly shit, i had some hopes for this one.

i think they will try to put other pokemons in the .2 games, but still, rly disappointing. we know how many new pokemons we will get this time? like 130-150 at lest?

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont be able to transver them to new games. (some old ones)
    So if you use new pokebank version (wich is by a phone -- stupid as hell), your pokemon will get stuck there.
    Game simply wont support all of them. Wich is the worst thing it can happen to anyone who collects pokemon as now your shiny pokemon that you put a lot of time into is usless in new game. And if you stop paying the pokebank, they are gone forever -- kinda like in a jail.

how can they fck up this bad
    like who is in charge of that project and what does he think

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    He doubled down on the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

They're removing old pokemon from the game. You can never use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Masyda is in charge and he probably doesn't think anymorw.