Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Absolutely by far. It's less messy, the fanmade one looks like some sorta rejected digimon.
    pretty funny when the new pokemons do look like digimons, but the fake - being a fake - meaning tis not from a paid artist, its better than the original one, its look retarded

That doesn't make it better? It amplifies features, while having no real...intention behind it.
    i think its does, as a example, when you see a charmander and a charizard you can say its the same line of evolution
    A crybaby becomes "big brute"? I mean, I was thrown off by his current evolution but it works better than that.
    i mean better than a long sissy(i don't know if its the right word in english or i can say the word here at all) thing? its very common when pokemon evolves they get "big" and strong, mudkip was exactly like this one and Swampert is awesome, you can say they work in the same evolutionary line.

I mean, he's labeled as the "Water Lizard" pokemon, so looking like a "true chameleon" might be a bit of the issue there.
    well, a secret: chameleon are lizards

we have 2 fire turtle, i don't see a problem with a water chameleon, and its actually pretty thematic since its based on someone who do camouflage, something chameleons are well know for.

Kecleon is the chameleon, Sobble is just a lizard.
    chameleon are lizards
    The fake is just the base one with lightning thrown on it for whatever reason.

i mean better than the current one thats for sure, the lighting is to show he is quickly, pretty cool and simple.

And again, the entire theme of Grookey from his first form was using the stick to create beats. Why would you suddenly drop his entire character design just because you think the drum is "retarded"?
    does he have the drum in first form? no he don't

if its just to create beats, when he evolved, becoming stronger, he can put the stick in the rabbit ass and create beats with own fists in his own chest, you know something gorillas are well know for? that would be metal as fuck, and way better than a retarded drum

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    pretty funny when the new pokemons do look like digimons, but the fake - being a fake - meaning tis not from a paid artist, its better than the original one, its look retarded

i think its does, as a example, when you see a charmander and a charizard you can say its the same line of evolution

i mean better than a long sissy(i don't know if its the right word in english or i can say the word here at all) thing? its very common when pokemon evolves they get "big" and strong, mudkip was exactly like this one and Swampert is awesome, you can say they work in the same evolutionary line.

well, a secret: chameleon are lizards

we have 2 fire turtle, i don't see a problem with a water chameleon, and its actually pretty thematic since its based on someone who do camouflage, something chameleons are well know for.

chameleon are lizards

i mean better than the current one thats for sure, the lighting is to show he is quickly, pretty cool and simple.

does he have the drum in first form? no he don't

if its just to create beats, when he evolved, becoming stronger, he can put the stick in the rabbit ass and create beats with own fists in his own chest, you know something gorillas are well know for? that would be metal as fuck, and way better than a retarded drum
    All chameleons are lizards, not all lizards are chameleons.

Really not sure why you seem to think this.

And Mudkip was one of the worst starters if you ask me, and why you would want them to keep recycling "wimpy looking Pokemon becomes big buff one" is beyond me.

You're clearly just dead set on thinking you know better than the creators.

I'll just stick with being happy the Pokemon don't look like that fan made trash

7+ Year Old Account
    All chameleons are lizards, not all lizards are chameleons.
    never said all lizards are chameleons, but chameleons are lizards AND use camouflage, more thematic better and cool
    And Mudkip was one of the worst starters if you ask me
    let me guess you like narutofrog and the seal mermaid?

Mudkip was one of the best starters, cool, simple, thematically, everything you need as a pokemon, a "mud fish"

and why you would want them to keep recycling "wimpy looking Pokemon becomes big buff one" is beyond me.
    its the normal way of things when you evolve and have being like this for starters since forever, its evolution for a reason, and we battle here, big brutes are also very much needed.

And after like 2 water starters NOT being big brutes, and the rly bulky ones being the first 3, i would not mind another

You're clearly just dead set on thinking you know better than the creators.
    ah yes, the fallacy of the authority, the creators rly always know better than us customers

I'll just stick with being happy the Pokemon don't look like that fan made trash
    you mean can be happy with the pokemons being more and more trash tier, fugly and retarded look, while many of the fakemons are objectively better than the current trash with barely effort like that fucking penguin with a ice cube on or that obnoxious dragon thing

with people loving the new trash they indeed have no need to putt effort to do something better

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh gamefreak:

Players already broke the game.

Not played any Pokemon since Ruby/Saphire, enjoying this one, but not sure why some look like real living creatures and others like like a smackheads fever dream after a weekend of blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Oh gamefreak:

Players already broke the game.
    Fuck that, that is way too much effort.

never said all lizards are chameleons, but chameleons are lizards AND use camouflage, more thematic better and cool
    Doesn't change that he's a lizard, not a water chameleon.
    And camouflage is hardly unique to chameleons.

let me guess you like narutofrog and the seal mermaid?
    Yes, they were interesting evolutions and judging by the popularity of Greninja, you'd be in the minority here so I'm not sure how you think this is proving your point that your opinion is better.

Mudkip was one of the best starters, cool, simple, thematically, everything you need as a pokemon, a "mud fish"
    It also had a genuinely horrifying middle evolution that looked like it was one bad day away from murder.

its the normal way of things when you evolve and have being like this for starters since forever, its evolution for a reason, and we battle here, big brutes are also very much needed.

And after like 2 water starters NOT being big brutes, and the rly bulky ones being the first 3, i would not mind another
    And you have your big brutes.

As the grass type. Water hasn't ever been a high aggressive type overall, and if they shine in an attack area it's usually special attack which doesn't line up with "BIG BRUTE" to begin with.

ah yes, the fallacy of the authority, the creators rly always know better than us customers
    Did I say they know better than all the customers? No, just that in this specific case, you are acting as if YOU know better than them.

And I'll defer to them in expertise considering they have more experience/work in this field than you, yes.

you mean can be happy with the pokemons being more and more trash tier, fugly and retarded look, while many of the fakemons are objectively better than the current trash with barely effort like that fucking penguin with a ice cube on or that obnoxious dragon thing

with people loving the new trash they indeed have no need to putt effort to do something better
    Again, if people love it, maybe you're the minority here, making your opinion the unpopular one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't change that he's a lizard, not a water chameleon.
    And camouflage is hardly unique to chameleons.
    he could evolve into a waterchamaleon, thats the point

yes camouflage is not unique to then but its more prominent on then, and they can even change their color

Yes, they were interesting evolutions and judging by the popularity of Greninja, you'd be in the minority here so I'm not sure how you think this is proving your point that your opinion is better.
    its explain itself indeed, i don't rly need ask anything anymore.

and the popularity means little here, shit can be popular as always, and he is popular because he is OP and a naruto frog, the kids love it
    It also had a genuinely horrifying middle evolution that looked like it was one bad day away from murder.
    its a mudfish, its not to be cute, but its rly hypocrital how you say this is "horrifying" but also like the mermaid seal

when you put a mermaid and a seal together you have a retarded mermaid, its fugly

and the greninja pre is also fucked up with a tongue shocking his throat.

And you have your big brutes.
    not a water one, so you saying again was not valid.

Water hasn't ever been a high aggressive type overall,

a giant turtle, a giant crocodile an giant mudfish, a giant emperor penguin, all seem pretty aggressive to me

the ones who are not that aggressive are the grass ones.

and if they shine in an attack area it's usually special attack which doesn't line up with "BIG BRUTE" to begin with.
    Blastoise: atk 83, sp atk 85
    Feraligatr: atk 105, sp attack 79
    Swampert: atk 110, sp atk 85
    Empoleon: atk 86, sp atk 103
    Samurot: atk 100, sp atk 108
    Greninja: atk 95, sp atk 103

so by those you have only Empoleon with a considerable high special attack than the other, 2 of then are way ahead of attack, and the others are well balanced.

Did I say they know better than all the customers? No, just that in this specific case, you are acting as if YOU know better than them.

bold of you to assume im the only one discontent with the pokemons appearance lately
    And I'll defer to them in expertise considering they have more experience/work in this field than you, yes.
    ah yes, the experience to create a magnificence cigarette lighter pokemon, and a penguin with a ice cube on his head. clearly the work of a genius

Again, if people love it, maybe you're the minority here, making your opinion the unpopular one.
    fallacy ad populum, no thanks

A survey to rate gen 8 designs has gone up on reddit. Link to survey

My thoughts:

Fantastic! (at least an 8 out of 10)

• Grookey
    • Sobble
    • Corviknight
    • Wooloo

Good (between 7 and 8)

• Skwovet
    • Greedent
    • Nickit
    • Thievul
    • Drednaw
    • Applin
    • Appletun
    • Sandaconda
    • Sinistea
    • Plteageist
    • Grimmsnarl
    • Perrserker
    • Pincurchin
    • Dreepy
    • Dragapult
    • Galarian Ponyta

Fine (between 6 and 7)

• Silicobra
    • Dottler
    • Barraskewda
    • Toxtricity
    • Centiskorch
    • Clobbopus
    • Grapploct
    • Hattrem
    • Mr. Rime
    • Falinks
    • Cufant
    • Copperajah
    • Dracozolt
    • Dracovish

Bad: (3 or below)

• Raboot
    • Cinderace
    • Inteleon
    • Morgrem
    • Obstagoon

I'm "whatever" and/or "meh" for the rest.

Overall, a fine (6/10) generation in terms of designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of them are quite meh. But i realy hate the fossils. Sure i get the lore idea for it, but they still look ugly as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote more detailed thoughts in the Switch thread, but overall decent game with a lot of potential that is fails to live up to. Lack of national dex is really killing my drive to breed or catch Pokemon. Probably gonna catch all the new Pokemon and then call it a day on this game. Some great moments, some meh moments. Pretty short for a Pokemon game and overall does not feel like a game that should've been 60 dollars.

So after playing the Shield a bit for past two weekends (and few evenings in between), I am actually having fun despite having been worried after all the negative feedback the game caused prior the launch. That being said, I had never played competitively and enjoyed all the games I have ever played including Let's Go so my opinions might be biased/different from what others would feel/thought.

First of all, the graphics do not look that bad though definitely are not on BotW level or any other AAA games. Still I have to wonder what other studios would make out of the IP if given the chance. Especially the skins of the characters are horrid. Pick ligher skin tone and your neck would look like you're having terrible sun burn. Considering that was not an issue in past two generations I really can't fathom what the hell went wrong here. Apart of that it's mostly fine though as mentioned already, knowing what other games look like this is really poor job on GF's side.

As others have mentioned already, the exp share being turned on by default without an option to turn it off sucks but the impact is not that severe fortunately. Yes, in both first two gyms I was roughly two levels ahead of the curve but I had been afraid it'll be much worse. Though I do admit I did not farm that much on the way there, just a normal game play. Also this is a good example that we need difficulty settings in the game. I wouldn't mind a setting when all other npcs have +5 lvls pokemons than they have with default difficulty and use teams of 3-6 pokemons. At any case this also allows to freely swap pokemons from party to the boxes which is actually a nice feature (loved that in LG). Oh and they don't heal when put into the boxes btw.

What I really have to mention though is your rival. I really had thought no one can be as annoying as Hau. That was before I met Hop. Seriously whenever I see that little prick I wish I could punch him into face. His lines are annoying, his hands gestures are annoying, his face is annoying. Oh and his older brother Leon is same case. Fortunately he's not that much around like Hop but when he is... jesus those characters are just soo bad it's hard to describe.

Overall I must say it's really not bad a game. Yes, the dex prunning might be unfortunate, GF lying about reasons why it happened should never be forgotten. On the other hand the game offers the simple fun those games offers for more than two decades now while bringing some nice new features to the mix. I still hope that one day I'll get to play open world pokemon game with all the regions in it where I'll be free to explore on my pace, everything will scale to my level so it won't matter which region I choose to play first and which the last and I'll be able to spent hundreds of hours in it. Will it ever happen? Probably not. But one can always dream...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a harsh critic of these games, but from what I've seen from a few playthroughs I watched, the mandatory Exp. Share isn't actually that awful. If you spam Raids and inject XP Candy into your Pokemon you will end up overleveled no matter what, but if you don't the Exp. Share doesn't actually overlevel you that much. You may actually end up severely underleveled if you avoid trainers and don't do any Wild Area content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    This review basically mirrors my thoughts on the game:

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Trying to kick out the holdouts and move them over to SwSh's botched online play, apparently.

No more online play with my Mega Steelix or my prized team.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they are not shuting down gts...it would be much worse.

That is completely different from the 3ds's games online functionality. The Global Link is that part in SuMo/USUM where you go in the festival plaza and do those global missions. They haven't had a new global mission since shortly after USUM launched. Of course, what this means for competitive, I don't know and don't care. But the GTS, Wonder Trading, Link Trading are not affected by this.

You make it sound like what happened when the DS's online capabilities were ended.

My main issue with this game apart from Dexit and the general lack of ambition / polish is the world feels so...bland? Empty? Forgettable?

The wild area is actually quite fun, but you spend 90% of your time between there, the league city, and the daycare on route 5 for postgame. The rest of the world is unimportant - there's no events or NPCs to visit anymore because they're all crammed into the aforementioned areas.

Besides, the rest of the games areas are tiny, lacking in any sort of substance, and super linear. It just feels like the game shrunk way more than previous games once it ended. In USUM, you had to go across the islands for the pokedex completion, scans, etc. Do the mantaray racing for BP / megastones. Battle tower (Which seems to have been gutted in SwSh), wormholes, etc. It just felt more varied and alive.

As nice as the wild area is in terms of gameplay (even if it is quite shallow at its root), it's still ugly as sin and lacking in interesting details. It's super small (Nowhere near as big as a BoTW zone like they said), the performance TANKS when online, and the textures / landscape are super bland / boring.

That being said, I've got about 60 hours under my belt and I'm just breeding up a storm.

7+ Year Old Account
    still think is unbelievable the amount of 3 and below i give to this, the sad part is there is a lot of potential wasted, i mean there are some great mid and first evolution, but the last one is garbage, i love the apple dragon mid form, but the final evolution was a huge letdown

Global link might not be related to the gts or battles but dont be surprised when Nintendo shuts down the online for 3ds and Wii u. That has nothing to do with gamefreak mind you but it will happen now that pokemon, smash, and mario kart are on the switch.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.