Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Has there been any announced date for when 3DS network services will end? Seems that will be the deadline to evac Pokemon to Gen 8, or else you won't be able to do it ever?
    No official announcement yet, but adding it into to the firmware means it will be sooner rather than later.

And yes, that means it will be the last chance to transfer any gen 1-7 (counting the VC releases) Pokémon to Home and future games.

Some neat little shorts being posted once a month. Has English subtitles available. There are also 4 other shorts and at least 1 more coming (presumably next month).

Nice to see the Pokemon world outside of battling. Almost every single game and show and manga is about combat. I also like these shorts take forgotten com mons like Magikarp and Slugma and make them interesting.

For future shorts, it would be interesting to see older people. So far it has just been little kids. Sadly this series has been placed on the Pokemon Kids channel, which does not bode well for that possibility.

Also, if you like these slice of life applications for com-mon Pokemon, then I'd recommend checking out this Pixiv artist's Pokemon dioramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like they improved the graphics of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, but I'm still not going to buy the games. They shouldn't be 60 dollars.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus looks a lot better than the first trailer, but I still don't really "get" it. Do you just roam around catching Pokemon? It doesn't look like there are any trainer battles. If that's the case, I'm not really sure if that's enough to hold my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It seems like they improved the graphics of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, but I'm still not going to buy the games. They shouldn't be 60 dollars.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus looks a lot better than the first trailer, but I still don't really "get" it. Do you just roam around catching Pokemon? It doesn't look like there are any trainer battles. If that's the case, I'm not really sure if that's enough to hold my interest.
    They are going to be 60 dollars because most new releases are 60 dollars, even if they are remakes.
    The Skyward Sword remaster is 60 dollars and it is basically just an updated port of a game that came out on the Wii.

We only know the "story" of Legends is making the region's first ever pokedex. And you get tasks to complete to fully have it completed.
    And there are hinting at more given what we seen.

Keep in mind that the games are normally "Hey, go out on an adventure." or "Go become the best Pokemon Trainer." So, this is in line with other games. There is likely more they haven't shared yet.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    They are going to be 60 dollars because most new releases are 60 dollars, even if they are remakes.
    The Skyward Sword remaster is 60 dollars and it is basically just an updated port of a game that came out on the Wii.

We only know the "story" of Legends is making the region's first ever pokedex. And you get tasks to complete to fully have it completed.
    And there are hinting at more given what we seen.

Keep in mind that the games are normally "Hey, go out on an adventure." or "Go become the best Pokemon Trainer." So, this is in line with other games. There is likely more they haven't shared yet.
    I'm not okay with Skyward Sword being 60 dollars either. Also it isn't most new remakes, it's specifically Nintendo remakes. The Crash Bandicoot remakes were 40 dollars and those were 3 fully remade games in terms of graphics. I don't necessarily think all remakes shouldn't be 60. Some clearly have a lot of work put into them, but considering they outsourced these games to a studio that had previously worked on Pokemon Home of all things, I wouldn't say this qualifies in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm not okay with Skyward Sword being 60 dollars either. Also it isn't most new remakes, it's specifically Nintendo remakes. The Crash Bandicoot remakes were 40 dollars and those were 3 fully remade games in terms of graphics. I don't necessarily think all remakes shouldn't be 60. Some clearly have a lot of work put into them, but considering they outsourced these games to a studio that had previously worked on Pokemon Home of all things, I wouldn't say this qualifies in my opinion.
    I didn't say "Most new remakes" I said "Most new releases, even if they are remakes."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say "Most new remakes" I said "Most new releases, even if they are remakes."
    ....Yes and I specified remakes because that's what we're talking about here. The price of all new releases is irrelevant. What is relevant is the price of remakes, which BDSP are.

The only decent thing about the Legends: Arceus trailer was the music. Then again, after BotW's trailer, there is no guarentee that the trailer music is even actually representative of the game's actual soundtrack.

BDSP still looks meh. I'm surprised that they still haven't gotten the characters to look right.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-08-18 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only decent thing about the Legends: Arceus trailer was the music. Then again, after BotW's trailer, there is no guarentee that the trailer music is even actually representative of the game's actual soundtrack.

BDSP still looks meh.
    How dare you.
    The new Growlithe form is awesome!
    –The Sith Code

How dare you.
    The new Growlithe form is awesome!
    Seeing alternate color patterns and fur shaves of Pokemon would be nice. They did this with Arbok very early on but then dropped the idea.

They flirted with the idea again in XY with Furfrou but then didn't expand on it for other Pokemon. Hopefully these different Growlith fur patterns/styles make it into the other games, and other Pokemon besides Growlith get different patterns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing alternate color patterns and fur shaves of Pokemon would be nice. They did this with Arbok very early on but then dropped the idea.

They flirted with the idea again in XY with Furfrou but then didn't expand on it for other Pokemon. Hopefully these different Growlith fur patterns/styles make it into the other games, and other Pokemon besides Growlith get different patterns.
    It isn't a different pattern.
    It is a regional variant.
    The growlithe shown has been confirmed to be Fire/Rock rather than pure Fire.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    What's wrong with how they look?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    What's wrong with how they look?
    Masters versions are actually on model and look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Masters versions are actually on model and look good.
    I think they both look fine.
    Make your own groups!!!

It isn't a different pattern.
    It is a regional variant.
    The growlithe shown has been confirmed to be Fire/Rock rather than pure Fire.
    What a shame. It barely looks any different from regular Growlithe. Prior regional forms were clearly distinguishable from the base version, not just a restyling.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a shame. It barely looks any different from regular Growlithe. Prior regional forms were clearly distinguishable from the base version, not just a restyling.
    Would you prefer another Meowth instead?
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty hard to confuse the two.
    Make your own groups!!!

Would you prefer another Meowth instead?
    I'd prefer for my regional forms to be unique, new spins on old Pokemon, like the Delta Pokemon that the official series' regional forms were based on.

(I'm cherry picking the best Delta Pokemon here. The vast majority of Fakemon designs in fangames are shit) these Deltas are both immediately identifiable as the Pokemon they are based on, as well as identifiable as a new variant with different typing. Different colors and different design, while still being able to clearly be traced back to the original design. The official games would later borrow this methodology when designing regional variants.

The new Hisuian Growlithe shown in the Arceus trailer does not do that. It is not clearly identifiable as a new, unique variant with different typing. It looks like a regular Growlithe that just had its fur stylized, like a Furfrou.