10+ Year Old Account
    Ewwww Christ Mass

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, today was a disaster.

First, I tried to complete my final Gran Fondo badge of 2021 (100km/62.1mi ride). Started in the rain, so I was muddy and wet by the time I got 30 miles north, but it was finally dry and the sun was out. That’s when I ran over a chunk of metal in the road maybe a half inch in size and boom - bye bye tire and wonderful weather!

Two cyclists stopped and patched my tube - which lasted all of 1 mile before the patch popped. So it was a $100 trip home via Uber.

Then, at home, I put too much bourbon and water in my banana cheesecake, so it didn’t cook right and is more like banana pudding than cake.

Then, when I was trying to fix my front disc brakes on my bike (something bent one of my pads) prior to replacing the tube so I could ride again tonight to make up my miles, I accidentally unscrewed the wrong nut and bled the hydraulic fluid from my brake line, so my bike can’t stop now; no brakes.

Then I burned one of my homemade steak quesadillas tonight I was making for dinner.

Fuck

Just not your day

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

RIP in pieces.

Just go to sleep and start over tomorrow

Also posting negatives doesnt help.

He has a point

Looks very nice.

I got the legos for xmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Just not your day
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    RIP in pieces.
    It was definitely not the best day

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Just go to sleep and start over tomorrow
    Which happens naturally

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Also posting negatives doesnt help.
    Says you

He has a point
    nou

Oooh sexy monitor. All the curves

I got the legos for xmas
    What set? I have a pile of them assembled. Collectors Y-Wing, original Death Star, new Star Destroyer, Millennium Falcon, and a pile of smaller stuff scattered around the house.

I just broke 5,000 miles cycled for this year. Next year's goal: 8,000 - 10,000 miles. It's doable, really. For 8k I have to average about 155 miles a week, which is about what I typically do anyway, and for 10k I have to average about 195 miles a week, not too much more than what I already do. I'm gonna do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Oooh sexy monitor. All the curves

I just broke 5,000 miles cycled for this year. Next year's goal: 8,000 - 10,000 miles. It's doable, really. For 8k I have to average about 155 miles a week, which is about what I typically do anyway, and for 10k I have to average about 195 miles a week, not too much more than what I already do. I'm gonna do it!
    Indeed! Wanted to find a 32" without a curve, but not spend too much money eh. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow and I can try it out.

Without an injury it makes sense to be able to make that goal

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed! Wanted to find a 32" without a curve, but not spend too much money eh. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow and I can try it out.

2560 x 1440 is what I run, it's quite a good aspect ratio without being 4k

Without an injury it makes sense to be able to make that goal
    I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna hit the ground running in 2022 - I've done 100 miles in the past few days alone, and I'll keep it up. Helps that Chicago has had one of the mildest winters I've ever seen. My windows have been open and the heat off more often than it's been on.

I had two 1920x1080 21 inch monitors and thought they were great. My brother-in-law kept going on and on about how 1440p and refresh rates and all that jazz are the next big step, so I bought a fancy new monitor and to be honest, I kinda regret it. It's a nice monitor, but it wasn't the jump that was hoping for. I don't notice the jump in fresh rates from 60 to 140 or whatever, to be completely honest (and yes, I have made sure that I've changed it). Also I've never used a curved monitor. Seems weird, I don't think I'd like it.

Is that your new years resolution, Dars? Because that sounds like something I'd tell myself and then totally follow through on.

10+ Year Old Account

I had two 1920x1080 21 inch monitors and thought they were great. My brother-in-law kept going on and on about how 1440p and refresh rates and all that jazz are the next big step, so I bought a fancy new monitor and to be honest, I kinda regret it. It's a nice monitor, but it wasn't the jump that was hoping for. I don't notice the jump in fresh rates from 60 to 140 or whatever, to be completely honest (and yes, I have made sure that I've changed it). Also I've never used a curved monitor. Seems weird, I don't think I'd like it.
    You get used to the increased size and resolution fast, but it does still surprise me sometimes when I play older games that I remember being super crowded (UI-wise) in the past and now they aren't.

Is that your new years resolution, Dars? Because that sounds like something I'd tell myself and then totally follow through on.
    I wouldn't call it a "New Years Resolution", no. I mean, I biked 4400 miles last year and should top about 5200 this year, so it's not at all out of reach for me to accomplish.

Oh, the UI thing is totally true; I like how WoW looks a lot more in that regard.