Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What your favorite cartoon character is and why?

What your favorite cartoon character is and why?

Deleted
    Too difficult for me to pick an absolute favourite so im gunna split it into little categories
    Disney
    Favourite Villain: Hades - Hercules (1997)
    Favourite Hero: Emperor Kuzco - Emperor's new Groove (2000)

Dreamworks
    Favourite Villain: Lord Shen - Kung fu Panda (2011)
    Favourite Hero: Shrek - Shrek (2001)

Hades + Emperor - I thought the voice acting was hilarious from both of these characters, it's really because of these two characters and maybe 1 or 2 others from each movie that put the movies themselves in my top 10 list, to this day i can't watch these movies without bursting out in laughter before they even say anything because I know what their gunna say.

I thought Gary Oldman's voice work of Lord Shen was great, even for a kids movie I thought the character was really well done and I like how he was a little more serious than the typically "clumsy-loser villain" I did feel some sympathy for the character. As for Shrek, well imho there aren't many dreamworks heroes that i particularly like, Shrek is kinda "meh", I don't hate him but i know that compared to disney heroes he wouldnt even make the list.

As for TV cartoon characters I would have to go for:
    1st - Homer Simpson - The Simpsons
    2nd - Eric Cartman - South Park
    3rd - Stewie Griffin - Family Guy

Out of all the characters listed im not sure i can really give a 1st place prize, i might come back later and edit a winner ^^
    Last edited by mmoc073d675b99; 2014-04-26 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Because Sterling Archer is awesome.
    2. Because H Jon Benjamin is awesome.
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sterling Archer

You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Sterling Archer
    So close. The correct answer is Dr. Krieger.

Honourable mention to Sterling Archer, Randy Marsh, Bender and Chief Wiggum.

Deleted
    Best...tv show...ever. I love them all, if there ever was a show where I love every single hero then it's this one.

If I am allowed to bring anime into this...Lelouch Vi Brittania is badass as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

Last night I saw the episode where he performs brain surgery on the head Odin guy and afterward continuously rubs his nipples.

I could not stop laughing.
    Putin khuliyo

Peter Griffin

the man says and does things with no fear of the consequences I envy that, plus with his attention span and what he gets up to, there is just no stop to the fun plus I'm a massive fan of a cut-away gag, one my fav Peter Griffin cut-away gags;

Peter is remembering when he was once a nanny,
    fricking hilarious

http://youtu.be/YZls3uCeH8c

sorry about bad quality vid

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Best...tv show...ever. I love them all, if there ever was a show where I love every single hero then it's this one.

I was having trouble deciding, but that does it for me. Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Far as a classic cartoon character goes, has to be Daffy Duck with Wile E. Coyote as a close second. Daffy is looney, selfish, greedy and vain. He's the worst parts of us rolled into a deliciously funny package. Wile E. is that part of us that always strives for what we can't get and makes failure entertaining.

If you're speaking of something more modern, Sterling Archer, followed by Ren Hoek. Archer is a hugely narcissistic douche who should have been dead ages ago but has, somehow, survived. Whereas Ren, much like Daffy, is the worst parts of us, again rolled into a deliciously funny package.

and are probably 2 of my more recent favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

2. Because H Jon Benjamin is awesome.
    Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this.

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to love this guy when I was a kid...

Mostly because his finnish voice-actor is the most awesome dude ever.

10+ Year Old Account

No idea why.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Lina Inverse from Slayers. She's just badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    ''Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such self-help videos as "Smoke Yourself Thin", and "Get Confident, Stupid."

15+ Year Old Account
    Archer is awesome, but for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, I'd never call him a cartoon character. Maybe he's just too cool, but Bart Simpson was (er, is) "cool". Maybe his target audience is too old, but Beavis and Butthead was aimed at teenagers+ too. I'd definitely call both of them cartoons. Maybe there's not enough violence...but there is a lot of violence. Maybe he's just too realistic.

Animaniacs is probably my favorite TV cartoon, based on enjoyment at the time. Hard to pick one of them, but I guess I'll go with Wakko Warner.

Deleted
    Just one? Ok, I'll take Miss Martian from Young Justice.

She managed to break off from her "evil" nature due to her ancestry and became a superhero, yet still uses some means which are not so good, like lobotomising her enemies or mind torture on her enemies. She cares about others and would give her life to defend her loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

If I am allowed to bring anime into this...Lelouch Vi Brittania is badass as fuck.

I normally don;t do this, but QFT!!!

Although I'd reverse the order, my favorite cartoon/anime character is Lelouch, even before the awesome cast of Avatar
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande