86 - season 2 episode 1

Glad they addressed some of my criticisms of S1, with a new brigade of fodders being added, and the heroes being able to reach another country. The president is cool. Also lol they literally added Anju to the show: same role, same mannerisms, same character design. Looking forward to the comedy scenes of the girl annoying Shin.

The girl handler back at San Magnolia is still boring.

86 - season 2 episode 2

The new opening song is bad. Sounds like one of the dozen forgettable MHA opening songs. This shot was pretty cool, though.

I also don't like how the OP implies that the robo dog gets resurrected. We already have a lack of stakes due how they burned through all of the fodders too quickly and then walked back the robo dog's and Shin's deaths.

That other guy Shin met in the library having a little sister is so cliche. Can't it be a little brother for once?

Episode was surprisingly above average up until the 10 year old loli started monologuing like an adult and lecturing the the president. Cringe.

Lol Raiden tells the loli that he blames the Republic and hates their guts, which directly contradicts that episode from season 1 when Leina asked why the 86s would still fight for the Republic and they said they had no beef.

Would be interesting if the Republic and the Federacy got into a war, with Republican 86s facing off against the Spearhead legends and Federacy soldiers.

Eighty Six - Season 2 episode 3

Lol I thought Eugene was going to have more screentime. He was introduced midway through the last episode... annnnnd now he's gone.

Would be nice if a black two seater spider mech joined the Spearhead crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...now to wait till April 2022 for new Kingdom season.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Jojo fights can be summed up as, “Haha, you thought I was doing X, but I was actually doing Y!”.

And then the other guy says, "Haha, I knew you were actually doing Y instead of X, so I'm doing Z!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Jojo fights can be summed up as, “Haha, you thought I was doing X, but I was actually doing Y!”.

And then the other guy says, "Haha, I knew you were actually doing Y instead of X, so I'm doing Z!".
    And barely any other media does this.

Anyway time to complain:
    Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai! --- i have no idea why this manga was so hyped. Its pretty basic when it comes to show. 5/10
    Kaizoku Oujo --- This show ending realy sucked. 2/10

On watchlist and rating:
    86: Eighty Six Part 2 --- so far not impressed 3/10
    Deep Insanity: The Lost Child -- dropped 0/10
    Isekai Shokudou 2 -- 10/10
    JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stone Ocean --- waiting suuuuuuuckkkkksss
    Kimetsu no Yaiba 2 -- i have seen the movie, so i will bingewatch is after its mostly done
    Kyoukai Senki -- this is a gundam show we have been missing. The most recent episode gave me PTSD :P 8/10
    Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu -- still funny after a few new episodes 8/10
    Lupin III: Part VI -- well its lupin, no rating needed
    Megaton-kyuu Musashi -- i put this show on hold as i had a felling it copys a lot of other stuff from other media.
    Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 -- still going strong 8/10
    Platinum End -- hm, lets see how it continues, so i cant rate it yet
    Sakugan!! -- still great and its original for once 8/10
    Saihate no Paladin -- yeah its isekai in some way, but i cant rate it yet
    Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru -- This show may end up realy good or realy bad. 6/10
    Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita -- i got a bad felling abauth it 4/10
    Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei -- its a waifu collection isekai, but comedy is good, not as good as konu suba tho 6/10
    World Trigger 3 -- Its taking itself pretty slow, but its not a bad thing. 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    86: Eighty Six Part 2 --- so far not impressed 3/10
    I can see that. They burned through the fodder characters in season 1 so quickly that by... what? Episode 8? They were down to just the 5 guys on the poster and you knew they would all live until we got a new infusion of fodder characters, and as of right now it's still just the 5 guys so it seems like we're not going to see any of them die soon (even though apparently there is about to be a mega huge offensive that will hurt the Federacy, but again we only have 5 characters left so none of them are going to die), which sorta sucks out the tension.

Anyone watching "Ranking of Kings"? Stylized show reminiscent of late 70s early 80s anime, of which I am certain people would give a pass by appearance alone. But honestly it's a fantastic show with stellar animations with a dark side despite its appearance, and it's only 3 episodes in so far.

Going to be a hidden gem this season;

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both

I reread the start of Part 3 of JoJo.
    My mom would beat the shit out of me if I talked to her the way Jotaro talks to his mom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I reread the start of Part 3 of JoJo.
    My mom would beat the shit out of me if I talked to her the way Jotaro talks to his mom.

Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Anyone watching "Ranking of Kings"? Stylized show reminiscent of late 70s early 80s anime, of which I am certain people would give a pass by appearance alone. But honestly it's a fantastic show with stellar animations with a dark side despite its appearance, and it's only 3 episodes in so far.

Going to be a hidden gem this season;
    Do you recommend it for a new anime watcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Yutilk View Post
    Do you recommend it for a new anime watcher?
    It's not your traditional anime aesthetically, but I'd recommend it still nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's not your traditional anime aesthetically, but I'd recommend it still nonetheless.
    Ok I'll take a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly not bad casting. Still going to be awful.

I have no hope in anything coming out of Hollywood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Of course it'll be awful when you've already determined it will be.
    Believe me, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong, but come on. Live action One Piece? There has to be a less than 10% change this ends up as anything other than embarrassing.

Honestly, it is going to heavily rely upon what they actually do. I can imagine it being toned down on some things, though I'm not super familiar with all things OP. Plenty of things will probably need some decent level of VFX to get them done, though. VFX can easily look like shit, so that'd be a concern for me.
    One of the main schticks of One Piece are the Devil Fruit powers. There's no way they'll be able to do them justice with live filming and added VFX, while also keeping with the overall tone of the show (mainly the over the top silly, slapstick kind of stuff). Luffy alone with all his rubber related gags (inflation, flaccid, stretched, compressed, etc...) will look ridiculous. I seriously don't know how they're going to stay true to the source material AND keep visual fidelity on a live action show.

And that's not even thinking about Smoker, Crocodile, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Brook, Robin, Chopper, etc.... I don't even want to think about Franky and some of the more over the top non devil fruit related stuff, like Boa's sisters, Jinbe and the Fishmen.

It's going to be cartoonishly, cringingly, bad.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    One of the main schticks of One Piece are the Devil Fruit powers. There's no way they'll be able to do them justice with live filming and added VFX, while also keeping with the overall tone of the show (mainly the over the top silly, slapstick kind of stuff). Luffy alone with all his rubber related gags (inflation, flaccid, stretched, compressed, etc...) will look ridiculous. I seriously don't know how they're going to stay true to the source material AND keep visual fidelity on a live action show.

And that's not even thinking about Smoker, Crocodile, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Brook, Robin, Chopper, etc.... I don't even want to think about Franky and some of the more over the top non devil fruit related stuff, like Boa's sisters, Jinbe and the Fishmen.

It's going to be cartoonishly, cringingly, bad.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
    It could work if french did it:
    https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/sites/...tain_704_2.jpg

But its hollywood so yeah no...

Btw....Mieruko-chan....is this some ghoust fetish hentai wana be show?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it is going to heavily rely upon what they actually do. I can imagine it being toned down on some things, though I'm not super familiar with all things OP. Plenty of things will probably need some decent level of VFX to get them done, though. VFX can easily look like shit, so that'd be a concern for me.
    The thing is, Oda's artwork is so integral to the world of One Piece, I just don't see how they can capture it in live action. Like, all the settings are going to end up either looking way to fake or way to normal and boring. And let's not forget all the non-human characters in the series. What is Arlong Park going to look like?

I will say again, the casting is one point. I have to imagine either Oda was directly involved or someone who knows One Piece very well was. All the cast is pretty much spot on to the ethnicities that Oda said the characters would be in the real would. Luffy = Brazil (although Iñaki Godoy is from Mexico I believe) Zoro = Japan, Nami = Sweden, Usopp = Africa, and Sanji = France. Honestly it's pretty impressive.