10+ Year Old Account

Get a First Look at Guild Halls at the E3 PC Gaming Show!

Get a First Look at Guild
    Halls at the E3 PC
    Gaming Show!

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on June 11, 2015

Game Director Colin Johanson will be at E3 on June 16 to take part in PC Gamer’s PC Gaming Show. In this presentation, Colin will reveal how Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ will create new ways for you and your guild to play, battle, socialize, and progress together through the guild hall system.

AuroraPeachy, BogOtter, MMOInks, and DocGotGame will be hosting the show from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel!

Throughout E3 week, we’ll give you an even deeper look at guild halls and their features, leading up to a special livestream on Friday, June 19, where you can see guild halls in the game for the first time.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...pc-gamingshow/
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-06-11 at 01:25 PM.
    Valar morghulis

ABOUT FREAKING DAMN TIME!

And now I'm sad I decided to go to PAX Prime instead of E3 QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ikr, they've been working hard - all we saw on Guild Halls at PaX was some concept art and sketches.

https://youtu.be/gxLkfXwxLTs?t=49m15s
    Valar morghulis

Eh. Kinda no longer care about this as a feature in a game that is largely anonymous. I feel the design is still 'all over the place'.

Recently I've thought that the design of GW2 was leaning toward a centrist direction. Esp. with the details of specializations revealed recently.

Personal housing next please :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Personal housing next please :l
    Would be awesome! I don't see it as being outside the realm of possibility, Anet has always been about horizontal progression as opposed to vertical. Housing would fit quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting to see how much of our suggestions during the month long CDI last year on Guild Halls makes it into the game

Here's the summary but you can look through the thread to see all the suggestions. Hitting the arrow above or below a dev post will take you to the next dev post.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...31#post4522082

Hey All,

Thanks for being so patient with me. And thank you for what has been the most productive and collaborative CDI to date. Long may it last…

I will be forwarding the link to the design team who have been keeping a watchful eye on our discussion and who will take the info and pertinent discussion and arm themselves with this knowledge as we move forward and evolve the game.

Right so here are the top 5 wishes for Guild Halls if they were to be included in GW2:

CDI Proposal Phase 1: Guilds QOL and Logistics

This is a proposal put together by the CDI group specifically for the Anet development team to read and discuss. This is not a commitment of work.

1: Customization and Identity: The ability to customize your guild hall in a manner that provides your guild with it’s own identity as well as a wide variety of guild hall customization progression.

2: Small Guilds: The ability for small guilds and large guilds to enjoy the progression and benefits of Guild Halls without either making progression to easy or two hard (potentially through scaling)

3: Guild Activities:The ability to progress Guild Halls by taking on activities of varying types with your guild.

4: GvG Access and Functionality: We are discussing this after Raids.

5: Town Convenience: The ability to have town services in the Guild Hall. (I just want to point out that I am not a big fan of this due to the impact it could have on our current Cities.)

I am going to leave the thread open for a while (few hours) and then sticky it on the CDI section at which point we will jump into the next phase discussion Raiding!
    Once again thanks to you all. You are great!

Chris
    Valar morghulis