You can already tell the combat is going to have a lot of depth even from it just basically being the tutorial level. Things like executing a charge attack at the same time as switching character to have no down time etc.

I don't see people talking about how hard first boss was though(not here in particular but seeing people on internet saying its too hard and they had to drop difficulty to easy lol what), game literally throws like 30 potions at you. You can absolutely just face roll and brute force your way through the fight(as you should be able to since tutorial boss).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-03 at 12:22 AM.

I wish classic mode was more of a legit turn based combat system. I was planning on using it when the game came out but after using during the demo, I probably won’t. Its just the regular system but if you feel lazy, the ai can take over. Also, classic being defaulted to easy mode sucks too because easy mode in this is ridiculously easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I wish classic mode was more of a legit turn based combat system. I was planning on using it when the game came out but after using during the demo, I probably won’t. Its just the regular system but if you feel lazy, the ai can take over. Also, classic being defaulted to easy mode sucks too because easy mode in this is ridiculously easy.
    Shame. I was hoping we'd get the actual FF7 battle system but with prettier graphics.

Its locked to easy because it's impossible for it not to be easy when the game is handling the dodging and blocking for you. Also not like FFVII was a hard game to begin with, by today's standards in turn based RPGs it's difficulty is an absolute joke and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Its locked to easy because it's impossible for it not to be easy when the game is handling the dodging and blocking for you. Also not like FFVII was a hard game to begin with, by today's standards in turn based RPGs it's difficulty is an absolute joke and easy.
    I wonder how many people would figure out how to beat ruby or emerald weapon without looking up anything whatsoever.

I wonder how many people would figure out how to beat ruby or emerald weapon without looking up anything whatsoever.
    You say that like there was only one super secret way to beat them. There really wasn't much challenge there unless you're just someone stubborn who throws your head at the wall before your party is capable of doing it.

Yeah because even when the game was current people knew how to breed a gold chocobo to get knights of the round/mime without looking up guides.

/eyeroll.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Maybe I'm just old...but while I was playing the demo...I felt I'd much rather just be playing the original game.

FF7 isn't my favorite (In fact it's probably my least favorite out of the 3d games) but the demo looks solid. I'm not super thrilled that Square Enix made the combat into FF15/KH3's combat, but I can get used to that.

My biggest problem with FF7 was how much the story in the original was a complete shitshow, made even worse by the broken ass translation. But if they can fix all that with the English version and increased the amount of story, that'll go a long way to make me appreciate FF7 more. Watching the Demo and I really liked how much they expanded Jessie's role specifically. She almost seems like the leader of AVALANCHE based on how off the handle Barret is, and how...just there Biggs and Wedge are.

Curious if they're going to make any major story changes after you spend an entire game getting to know Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie much more than you did in the original. Because if not, then damn. It's going to suck seeing her specifically die. I dont really have an opinion one way or another on changing the story because I thought the story of FF7 was shit, as I said earlier, so it'll be interesting to see how far they actually go.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2020-03-03 at 04:57 AM.

The combat is nothing like FFXV, why do people keep posting that and have since like the summer?

Like seriously load up XV and play the Demo and it back to back and if you think the combat is similar... well they're about as similar as Sekiro is to BoTW.

The combat also isn't that much like KH for that matter either, but at least it's a better comparison then freaking XV lmao.

...because its incredibly similar lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...because its incredibly similar lol
    They're not similar at all and posting so just proves you either haven't played one or both.

lol I donno why anyone bothers with you, Tech.

I'm going to go back to ignoring you now, kay? Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    They should untie Classic from Easy/Normal and adjust the balance between normal attacks and ATB commands, which would really just make it like the original ATB system, more or less. Wait for the bar to fill, execute the commands.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-03-03 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol I donno why anyone bothers with you, Tech.

I'm going to go back to ignoring you now, kay? Thanks
    Of course run away, because lord knows that is easier then claiming Barrett or Tifa play like FFXV characters, claiming XV had various different auto attacks and modes to choose from, claiming XV had an ATB and Limit gauge resource bars, claiming XV had a stagger system, claiming XV had a block/dodge system where you actually need to properly time and not just hold down a button.

I could keep going, but nobody who played both games is going to take you serious for claiming they're similar.

My home boy here saw Cloud swing a sword in 3rd person though, so it must be similar to Astral Chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah because even when the game was current people knew how to breed a gold chocobo to get knights of the round/mime without looking up guides.

/eyeroll.
    Yikes, i think you missed the point of that post completely.

Yikes, i think you missed the point of that post completely.
    do you actually use the words yikes irl? Because I hope for your sake you dont. But Ohio so....

I dont think you take this game seriously enough so cut out the small talk champ.

FF7 is life damn it!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    do you actually use the words yikes irl? Because I hope for your sake you dont. But Ohio so....

I dont think you take this game seriously enough so cut out the small talk champ.

FF7 is life damn it!
    Do you say champ in real life?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Liked it... only gripe is that it seems like it takes a long time before you can block after attacking. Which makes it feel awkward though I get it's there for balance reasons so you can't attack and just instantly block. Maybe I just have to get used to it. Other than that I enjoy the combat and it's like I thought it would be. FFXV combat but expanded upon which I love. Liked FFXV combat but it felt too simple but always thought it would be a great foundation to build upon.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish classic mode was more of a legit turn based combat system.
    Yeah. Tried Classic mode, to see how it plays. In a word: Badly. It's just easy mode, but with terrible AI controlling your characters. It was actually HARDER on Classic, than it was on easy mode. Because the AI is so bad at handling positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Liked it... only gripe is that it seems like it takes a long time before you can block after attacking.
    Yeah, that was my main complaint, too. Took a couple of hits that I really shouldn't have, due to lag between attacking and blocking. Doesn't matter how massively they telegraph all the bots hits, if the block delay is even longer...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30