Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It was a given it wasn't going to be a exclusive.

When it was first show off it even said "Play First On Playstation". With that said its PS sales will dwarf all other platforms and that's all both Square and Sony care about.

It will likely sell enough to justify releasing it on other platforms that will provide little to no gain.
    What do you expect it to sell on steam? I mean XV sold at least over a million copies (as of August), I'd expect at least that, seems a bit more than just "break even" on the port to PC

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not even more distracting or out of place then the original case.
    Your argument is saying that the original cannot be improved apon in 2019. It certainly can be.

Just because it looks similar to the original doesnt mean they needed to slap a tacky promotion on the BOX ART
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Your argument is saying that the original cannot be improved apon in 2019. It certainly can be.

Just because it looks similar to the original doesnt mean they needed to slap a tacky promotion on the BOX ART
    They don't NEED to do anything, its their product, they can do as they please

What do you expect it to sell on steam? I mean XV sold at least over a million copies (as of August), I'd expect at least that, seems a bit more than just "break even" on the port to PC
    Half a mil on a title with the budget that has gone into it isn't good.

FFXV did 8.1mil world wide across all platforms....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-10 at 08:57 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Half a mil on a title with the budget that has gone into it isn't good.

FFXV did 8.1mil world wide across all platforms....
    Over a million as of recent numbers (Aug) and it's not even a great game imo. But it probably more than made back cost to Port it

Xv probably isn't a good example though, it didn't seem that well liked

Over a million as of recent numbers (Aug) and it's not even a great game imo. But it probably more than made back cost to Port it

Xv probably isn't a good example though, it didn't seem that well liked
    Ok even just speaking FF7 its still going to sell far worse on XB1 and PC over PS4. The game has always been seen as a Playstation title and JRPG's in general do miles better on Playstation.

If Square Enix though it would sell better on XB1/PC than the deal they made with Sony then it wouldn't have been a timed exclusive. All the ports that has been done to PC have sold ok at best.

Like I said the PS sales will make more than enough for them to be fine with it being ported to XB1/PC a year later. Something getting a PC port doesn't mean it will sell well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ok even just speaking FF7 its still going to sell far worse on XB1 and PC over PS4. The game has always been seen as a Playstation title and JRPG's in general do miles better on Playstation.

If Square Enix though it would sell better on XB1/PC than the deal they made with Sony then it wouldn't have been a timed exclusive. All the ports that has been done to PC have sold ok at best.

Like I said the PS sales will make more than enough for them to be fine with it being ported to XB1/PC a year later. Something getting a PC port doesn't mean it will sell well.
    Wonder how many people will buy a PS4 to play it, I basically did, we currently just use it for netflix

Wonder how many people will buy a PS4 to play it, I basically did, we currently just use it for netflix
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a spike in PS4 sales for it. Plus TLOU2 is coming around that time as well.

It's standard strategy for Sony. Japan especially is full of people who buy consoles for single titles/series - and Final Fantasy is very high up the list (possibly the top).

I'm not worried. It'll come out on PC, where it'll have better performance and possibly even some QoL fixes (out of the box or via mods). I've waited more than 20 years for this, I can wait a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    It's a sales strategy.
    Just by releasing it a year later, they will get people who already have it on ps4 to also buy it on pc once they get caught up in the second hype wave.
    There are a surprising amount of people who will buy it on both platforms, and that number increases if you release them x amount of time apart.
    It's not a sales strategy though. Sony literally paid for it to be a timed exclusive.

Also I don't want PC players to get their hopes up about this shit coming exactly a year later, knowing square they are likely to release it on Xbox a year later and then make PC players wait another 8 months lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    It's a square sales tactic?
    It's not though. FFXV day and date Xbox and PS4, KH3 day and date Xbox and PS4. FFVIIR announced as a timed exclusive for PS4 in 2015 and SHOCKING is a timed exclusive when it releases because Sony paid for it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, nothing really new in there. Looks cool, sure... but it's cool shit we've seen before. More than once.

Just going to say this now. They have another trailer coming on the 21st. if Red XIII isn't in that trailer, he's not in the game.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm more interested in seeing Scarlet and Rufus. I never particularly liked Red as a character - outside of the first trip to Shinra HQ and the first visit to Cosmo Canyon he didn't really contribute much to the plot at all. He was just 'there'.

I'm sure he'll be in the game, though I expect he'll have a similarly reduced role - if only due to how much of a pain it'll be to animate him in cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh, nothing really new in there. Looks cool, sure... but it's cool shit we've seen before. More than once.

Just going to say this now. They have another trailer coming on the 21st. if Red XIII isn't in that trailer, he's not in the game.
    Considering that Red XIII was introduced in the late in the Midgar introduction, I am sure the reason why they are keeping him out of trailers is because that this first chapter of the FF7R ends when you leave Midgar AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

They are gonna show Aerith inside the containment chamber and the paws of Red XIII circling around her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Considering that Red XIII was introduced in the late in the Midgar introduction, I am sure the reason why they are keeping him out of trailers is because that this first chapter of the FF7R ends when you leave Midgar AFAIK.
    Yup, he's recruited rriigghhtt at the end of Midgar, and the first arc of VIIR is meant to end when we leave Midgar... So, with a little story bodging, they could probably push him back, and have you recruit him right at the start of the second arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They are gonna show Aerith inside the containment chamber and the paws of Red XIII circling around her.
    Oooooh, that would be cool. They don't need to totally show him, but some hint he's in the game would be good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I just can't wait for this. I can't wait. If game 1 ends at Midgar, I don't know how this will scale. Midgar is one if not the best part of the game though(imo) so I would LOVE a 40-60 hour game in Midgar, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-12-13 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing Scarlet and Rufus. I never particularly liked Red as a character
    Hold your filthy fucking tongue you Scottish whore!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Hold your filthy fucking tongue you Scottish whore!
    Seconded. Red is nearly always in my party.