Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't see how monks are remotely comparable to DKs or paladins (especially paladins) on mythic Garrosh.

Do minone and raegwyn still play

Deleted
    Mione doesn't play anymore, or at least that's the latest info I have. I'm not sure about Raegwyn, but his guild broke apart during HFC progress, and I haven't seen a solo from him in the last few month.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarth View Post
    Mione doesn't play anymore, or at least that's the latest info I have. I'm not sure about Raegwyn, but his guild broke apart during HFC progress, and I haven't seen a solo from him in the last few month.
    Mionelol yes, unlikely to come back unless wow changes greatly in legion, he explained it on askfm; raegwyn came back to kill the last 2 bosses mythic with prime, then went back to inactive, this was already at least a month ago from what I remember of the last activity, doesn't seem very motivated to do any soloing later in wod since he didn't bring ring beyond 750.

And what do you think of archimonde mythic instead? Do bis geared dks at the end of next exp have some chance or is the mythic only phase mechanically problematic?

Also, gara'jal 25 hc is marked as done, but I can't find who did it, when and with what item level: with 721 and 55-56% multistrike I got him to 15% (2 out of 14 millions), all buffs used, keep in mind I had a 774 dps ring, no tank one; anyone knows the requirements?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-12-08 at 11:50 PM.

Don't you get shot into the air and take massive fall damage if no one soaks mark of the legion (which you won't solo). As well as probably infernals being problematic solo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Don't you get shot into the air and take massive fall damage if no one soaks mark of the legion (which you won't solo). As well as probably infernals being problematic solo.
    I guess it depends if tanks are a viable target for the launch. Wouldn't be surprised if tanks wouldn't be targeted by it, similiar to Necrotic Plague on LK etc. abilities.

Deleted
    That laser thingy could be a problem as well, depends on how hard it is to kill before getting pushed out of melee range (I've never seen Archi myth tbh, only guide knowledge^^)

Ah, right, so could be indeed an issue to solo before the exp after legion, assuming there's one.

For gara'jal 25 hc do you have an idea how much item level is needed? I had 721 and 774 dps ring, survived 4 min 30-4 min 40 in the best tries which is satisfying, but got him to 2 mil out of 14.

Could the tank ring make some difference here? Keep in mind it'd be 735.

Haven't actually played my dk that much but popping your tank ring should basically not only stop you from ever possibly dying but also let you heal back to full insanely easy, at least on my druid its so powerful when solo for healing purposes (as well as dmg of course). I would definitely go buy it from the vendor like 1k gold or whatever it is and use it, i doubt it would even overall lower your dps seeing as the ring cd lines up with BOS cd for DK, or if it did would be a small loss for a lot of survival.

Deleted
    Is it easy enough to do Been Waiting A Long Time For this 25 as an unholy DK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Is it easy enough to do Been Waiting A Long Time For this 25 as an unholy DK?
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4...layer#comments
    Some of these comments should help.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    You do get targeted if everyone else dies in last phase, so yeah.
    Are there any mechanics that work differently if you start the encounter alone (instead of everyone else dying)? Kargath with Chain Hurl (?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Are there any mechanics that work differently if you start the encounter alone (instead of everyone else dying)? Kargath with Chain Hurl (?)
    I do believe there are mechanics that prefer targets other than the current target, mechanics that prefer non-tank targets and a mix of those (tank only alive, won't get hit by some abilities.) I guess we'd need to make a list of them.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Haven't actually played my dk that much but popping your tank ring should basically not only stop you from ever possibly dying but also let you heal back to full insanely easy, at least on my druid its so powerful when solo for healing purposes (as well as dmg of course). I would definitely go buy it from the vendor like 1k gold or whatever it is and use it, i doubt it would even overall lower your dps seeing as the ring cd lines up with BOS cd for DK, or if it did would be a small loss for a lot of survival.
    Mmm, that's good to know, I had completely forgotten that versatility not only increases damage done and reduces damage taken but also gives more healing.

Yes, 1k is nothing, the only reason why I didn't take it yet is I thought I'd lose a lot of dps, definitely worth trying even on gara'jal, and also working on elegon 25 hc where I can't do any aoe, else if I kill a protector it's an instant kill, got him to 13% in my setup and enrage was miles away, that is (unless there's some exploit I don't know of) a full survival-oriented fight, so it should make even more difference there.

Deleted
    Finally killed tectus... 726 with 735 ring
    1min 30sec after berserk 2 small adds left and they just keep channeling tectonic at berserk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    A few questions to the most geared out there, obviously mount-farming oriented:

Would garrosh mythic be soloable yet with the best gear available?

Do you think mythic blackhand will be doable towards the end of legion? And archimonde mythic? Are there some mechanics issues that would likely prevent a solo of the bosses in the end of legion? For example I heard that the mythic only phase of archimonde could be an issue.

Garrosh Mythic could probably be done in current gear.

Blackhand and Archimonde probably not due to mechanics like Shattering smash and Nether Banish.

So I went to terrace and tried some 25 hcs but they don't seem doable yet, at least for a non-mythic hfc raider, protectors I was able to kill the 2 low hp one and got kaolan to 52% (he has 14 mil, others have 7 each), this includes some enrage outhealing, might be possible in bis, on the other hand the raid on 25 normal was pretty disappointing, except tsulong, which surprisingly was easier as frost than blood thanks to howling blast, because of the huge number of adds that come, and because as frost even outhealing 25 normal night phase was hard, I don't think 25 hc would be doable with bis, since there's adds that take away the sunbeams (although they can probably be aoe'd) and the day phase has more damage too.

Lei shi 25 normal, I'm not sure, there's a lot of hide phases obviously, if there were some reliable way to reset the debuff during hide I don't see why not, but get away is simply cast too rarely and as the fight goes on you get more and more stacks due to her haste buff.

However I'd like to try hof 25 hc, obviously aiming for first 4, although they're already marked as done, I like doing them myself, and on vizier I saw "Either burst at the 2nd platform, or stay just out of range at the 3rd and never use DRW." on the spreadsheet: I assume there won't be anywhere near the dps to burst him on 25 hc, how can I dps him if I stay out of range? Or do you just mean to go out of range before he casts convert, then get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    "Either burst at the 2nd platform, or stay just out of range at the 3rd and never use DRW." on the spreadsheet: I assume there won't be anywhere near the dps to burst him on 25 hc, how can I dps him if I stay out of range? Or do you just mean to go out of range before he casts convert, then get in?
    You stand at the extreme edge of melee range, and face yourself so that Vizier Zor'lok is about 90 degrees to one side, so that your weapon swings do not hit him. Song of the Empress is only broken by raw melee attacks - you can still cast spells and Death Strike. I would also suggest using Defile for this as you don't get RP from raw melee attacks. DRW does break Song of the Empress unfortunately so you can't use that either.

If Wowhead is correct (I haven't done the fight in forever) Zor'lok has about 17.2M health on 25H, so you have a small window of time (12 seconds) to do 3.4M damage, which is definitely possible as Unholy w/BoS + ring, so bursting at the 2nd platform should be an option as well depending on your gear.

I think Lei Shi 25N or even 25H should be doable if you have very good luck with the Spray stacks.
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-12-15 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrithiavia View Post
    You stand at the extreme edge of melee range, and face yourself so that Vizier Zor'lok is about 90 degrees to one side, so that your weapon swings do not hit him. Song of the Empress is only broken by raw melee attacks - you can still cast spells and Death Strike. I would also suggest using Defile for this as you don't get RP from raw melee attacks. DRW does break Song of the Empress unfortunately so you can't use that either.
    Ah, thanks, going to try it then; might even be possible as dps nuking with some luck based on the values you said.

I've done protectors and lei shi on 25 hc, they aren't that challenging with proper gear. Along with some tot bosses like consorts, primordius and lei shen (they are all very easy to solo)
    Nice, how did you do with lei shi's debuff during hide? Just rng or is there some reliable trick to reset it, apart from waiting during get away?

She comes back up 30 secs after automatically. Not hard to manage.
    So basically in your gear you are just able to survive all the stacks you get before hide phase + during hide phase + following hide phase till get away comes and reset during it, and repeat the same cycle till boss dies?

Also, done iron qon 25 normal with 719 and tank ring 735, was very close to enrage, but mainly a dps race, so can mark that as done when you can, Ayrithiavia.