Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

What will make you return to diablo 3?

Any specific features you desire in order for you to comeback?

I generally play diablo 3 as of now, but I would like blizzard to make the game darker, like diablo 2 was.

Uh, nothing actually.

Went back and played with the community buff. Geared a char in a few hours and got lucky with drops.
    To fine tune items to perfection, you need to sink countless hours in and hope for a ton of luck on drops.
    With the cube, you need to farm your fucking ass off to be able to use it efficiently.

Diablo is such a grind fest that it's no longer fun. Diablo 2 wasn't such a grind fest for me when I plated ladder.

Needless to say, the community buff is gone and I no longer play.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

say diablo 3 is gone, and it's been replaced with a shinier, updated, bug/exploit free diablo 2?

yeh that'd do it.

I seem to come back whenever there is new content / new season and I play the hell out of it until Im burned out then just stop playing completely. The next patch is looking pretty good from what Ive seen and heard, so Im sure ill be back for Season 4.

Id really like to see a xpac announced at BlizzCon.

I only play for achievements that are left.

I just want new story, it's been 2 years now since Reaper of Souls.

Deleted
    Just gimme the next patch and I'll be back on the grind for a bit, then stop until next season.

I drop in occasionally but ultimately D3 is too shallow a play experience. The gameplay is excellent but the depth of design and thought is not on the level of Path of Exile or as robust in other aspects as Marvel Heroes (e.x.).

Easy. A nice new wizard set bonus/meta. I am beyond sick of talrasha and BoW rings gameplay. Also hydras can burn in a fire somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    New content. Returned at start of season 3, made a barb got lucky with ancient drops and got near perfect stats on all my items after a couple weeks. Would like new content I guess because whirlwinding at a million miles an hour thru t6 rifts or grifts got boring pretty quick

Deleted
    I pretty much come back every new Season to play for 1-2 months, more than that is too much, d3 gets bored rly fast. The upcoming patch I will probably play more than normal since they introduced the Cube.

My own willpower, gave up after the first boss of RoS (Well maybe not gave up, but I found more interesting things to play).

Deleted
    Two words "New Season!"

I am very much a D3 seasonal player, This season I stuck with my barb till I hit around 600 Paragon levels, At which point I stopped. Next season I will probably do the same, Play a single class the entire season. This way I might get burned out of the game on a temp basis, but when new season shows up, I can pick a class I have not played very much of and had a blast without thinking "ughh, more of the same"

I just don't like it. I'm not sure why.

I put days worth of playtime into D2. D3... for whatever reason, even though it's beautifully designed... just isn't fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I would come back to Diablo 3 is if they found a way to eliminate those Professional Cheat Weapons. Playing on the PS4 was fun for a while (especially because I had a couple of friends who liked to play), but once we started trying for Paragon Levels we would encounter nothing but people who would exploit the game and make it no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingEye View Post
    Any specific features you desire in order for you to comeback?

I generally play diablo 3 as of now, but I would like blizzard to make the game darker, like diablo 2 was.

well I went back for season 2 and had some fun but since that lasted like 3 months I felt it wasn't worth my time anymore, boring game.

What pushes me away the most is the fact that the character gearing is so... i don't know what to call it, simple? Streamlined? Basically you collect whatever legendary you can get at first, then you search for at least an ancient weapon, then you get the fotm gearset (at this point you can do T6 blindfolded so gl being challenged outside of GRs), then you play & pray for upgrades.

I went back 2 weeks ago, made a barb, got it to full gearset in about 4 hours of playtime with friends, soloed GR 42, quit because the next milestone would take incomparably more effort by very small steps unless i got incredibly lucky.

Therefore, I'd play more if the gearing experience was redesigned completely. It's also a bit of a shame that some classes pretty much all play a fotm spec, but I think blizzard has given up on trying to balance spells and embraces fotm builds by building sets around 1 or 2 spells for each class.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, so these are a few things I think reasonable to D3 that would keep my interest long term:

- Less loot, more meaningful drops.
    - Set items removed entirely. This is bad game design, frankly.
    - Overhaul of the crafting system; bring back hunting & farming for ingredients, more deterministic crafting, custom stat blocks.
    - Robust endgame ala Marvel Heroes; solo & party based dungeons, bounties, adventure zones and raids.
    - Overhaul UI; quick action bar skill selection, reduce chunky buttons, expandable action bar, move only on left click options, more KBM options in settings.
    - Seasonal events with new content every 3-4 months.
    - A less simplistic Paragon system.
    - Unlimited stash tabs.
    - Reworked attribute system; Strength, Dexterity, etc- all too simplistic.

All my major gripes with D3 are with it's lack of careful thought on the player's part. Blizzard make their fortune by creating games parsed down to their essential play mechanics and doing so strictly. Every single Blizzard game sans D2 is strictly linear, strictly limited. In the case of D3, Blizz perhaps created a game too spare for it's own good were it not for the massive marketing wheels Blizz turn.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-07-11 at 01:06 AM.

offline play on the PC, nothing else really

10+ Year Old Account
    actual new content, not these shitty seasons with few gear pieces and char resets.... so prolly another expansion.