10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no source means that we are in the exact same place that we were a couple minutes ago. I'll just ignore that and be patient for now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Expect them to at the very least tease it at Gamescon, but much more information will be released at blizzcon, including the playable beta. The game has been in alpha testing for a few months now according to my source.
    Please Sir, may we have some more?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Expect them to at the very least tease it at Gamescon, but much more information will be released at blizzcon, including the playable beta. The game has been in alpha testing for a few months now according to my source.
    Interesting.. If you are indeed telling the truth I wonder what this expansion will be like.. It'll take me a bit to get used to not having an azshara expansion haha

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Well, no source means that we are in the exact same place that we were a couple minutes ago. I'll just ignore that and be patient for now.
    Sums it up well. 5 minutes later, no real progress.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Of course the fact he's "out of the loop" itself is not a confirmation or denial of something at Gamescom.

It could be he's quite simply out of the loop, and Blizzard does drop something next week.
    I know. I was responding to the accusation that we have secret informations and just aren't newsing it because Blizzard threatened us or something.

NOPE. Just not because none of the theories and speculation and leaks have been confirmed.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know. I was responding to the accusation that we have secret informations and just aren't newsing it because Blizzard threatened us or something.

NOPE. Just not because none of the theories and speculation and leaks have been confirmed.
    I'm on to you.
    When people leak things they get fed to Tziva, who is actually a double agent working for Blizzard, and then they are endlessly trapped as falling blood in that avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm on to you.
    When people leak things they get fed to Tziva, who is actually a double agent working for Blizzard, and then they are endlessly trapped as falling blood in that avatar.
    T-Rex don't need no vast conspiracy. Just hunger.

om nom nom

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't explain why beta servers are/were up.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

So Boub makes it a point to state that he has no secret infos...
    Then drops an image on us that seems random, with no context or comment, and we go nuts trying to interpret.

GOD I LOVE LEAK SEASON!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostshaide View Post
    So Boub makes it a point to state that he has no secret infos...
    Then drops an image on us that seems random, with no context or comment, and we go nuts trying to interpret.

GOD I LOVE LEAK SEASON!
    Well, he posted a hamster on a train, so that can only mean patch 7.1, the new raid tier for Corgi's Unleashed is focused on the Grimrail Hamster clan, seeking revenge for what the Corgi Overlords did to their homelands.

Quote Originally Posted by cj35001 View Post
    Well, he posted a hamster on a train, so that can only mean patch 7.1, the new raid tier for Corgi's Unleashed is focused on the Grimrail Hamster clan, seeking revenge for what the Corgi Overlords did to their homelands.
    I knew it...
    That hamster DOES seem fierce...

That picture was totally trolling and I forgot that I posted it right afterward. Love you guys. No idea about the trademark thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    That picture was totally trolling and I forgot that I posted it right afterward. Love you guys. No idea about the trademark thing.
    Confirmed Troll Hamster expansion. Thanks Boub! Totally resubbing.

Deleted
    A lot of times press conferences aren't just developers getting up and making huge announcements. It would easily be several small announcements for each of their IPs (Overwatch dates, new Hero, HS Expac info, WoW movie news, etc) and then having an open Q&A with the attending sites.
    Doubt it. Hearthstone just had an event. How long was Eric Dodds on stage? 20 minutes? That would have been the perfect main attraction at the Gamescom event if all they had was a collection of small news.

Likewise HotS just had the Skeleton King. They don't need a presser to throw in a new hero or two, and they probably wouldn't even want to announce any right now since it'd mess with their Eternal Conflict PR.

Overwatch isn't even in beta yet. Hardly the time to spill all their beans and throw all future heroes at players. They've kept our interest by tactically releasing a new hero every few months.That's about the rate at which players can take in the new info and not get confused, considering we haven't played the current roster yet. A big Overwatch event is more likely at BlizzCon, when we may be well into the beta and have gotten excited about it.

My point is that all the things you suggested are what they use to space Blizzard news out evenly over the long periods of no new releases. A couple of HS cards here, a HotS hero there. Collecting all of that for a big event would actually do damage to their marketing, since there would be a huge news overlap, and they'd have less to share over the months ahead.

The only sensible theory is that a new game or expansion will get announced.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock says they will reveal expansion at gamescom? go home everyone there won't be any announcement about WoW whatsoever then.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

HAH!
    Awesome.
    Thanks for not leaving us hangin', Boub!

It could have been worse, he didn't post this:

T-Rex don't need no vast conspiracy. Just hunger.

om nom nom
    I don't believe you. I want the Computer Bird to tell me it isn't a conspiracy. :P