Also, don't forget there's one other potential bomb.

Legacy of the Void release date announcement that comes along with the cinematic trailer release at Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post

Legacy of the Void release date announcement that comes along with the cinematic trailer release at Gamescom.
    Didn't they just do something for Legacy of the Void something at the E3 PC Gaming Show?

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of doubt that they'll have much if anything to say about Diablo. And if they do it should be to publicize their upcoming 2.3 patch which looks to be a doozy. It would be remarkably stupid for them to step on that with a new expansion announcement for D3.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Neither LotV release date or Overwatch beta dates are enough for a press conference. The reaction from people will simply be "okay - why didn't you just post this online?".

And Overwatch is already announced, and so is its beta. Again, the dates aren't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lettie97 View Post
    But Overwatch had its conference at BlizzCon 2014.
    There's no rule that a company can only do a conference at an convention only to announce a new product and thus the fact that Overwatch was announced at Blizzcon 2014 doesn't rule it out as a potential "bomb" for Blizzard, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well originally it was going to be "spring 2015," so Blizzard Time is Blizzard Time.
    This always comes to mind whenever I hear about Blizzard time:
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Soon

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Release date of a SC2 expansion isn't really THAT exciting.

Maybe I'm just bias as I don't play SC2, but Reveals are more exciting than Release Dates.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe I'm just bias as I don't play SC2, but Reveals are more exciting than Release Dates.
    Reveals are definitely for the press. Whereas release dates are more for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by lettie97 View Post
    Didn't they just do something for Legacy of the Void something at the E3 PC Gaming Show?
    They've released a short trailer and announced single-player prologue missions (I got to play them and they're quite fun btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I kind of doubt that they'll have much if anything to say about Diablo. And if they do it should be to publicize their upcoming 2.3 patch which looks to be a doozy. It would be remarkably stupid for them to step on that with a new expansion announcement for D3.
    That's what I think too. Patch 2.3 seems really amazing, it'd be insane for Blizzard to redirect people's attention to the expansion when they have such an awesome patch poised to release in the near future.

But... If we assume no D3 announcement at Gamescom, we have to consider the fact that Blizzard IS holding a conference, i.e. they will announce something. What could it really be? Overwatch beta, TGT (HS expansion) cards and release date, some HotS content, LOTV release date + cinematic are pretty much the only things they can do outside of WoW, but are they enough to justify holding a conference? And this, my friend, is why we speculate on potential big WoW announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Neither LotV release date or Overwatch beta dates are enough for a press conference. The reaction from people will simply be "okay - why didn't you just post this online?".
    They did have a separate event for WoD release date and a cinematic at last year's Blizzcon though. They might do something like that again for SC II.

And Overwatch is already announced, and so is its beta. Again, the dates aren't enough.
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. That's the whole interesting thing here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    We've never had an end tier be this far away from Blizzcon before and never had wow fan sites invited.
    Source for this cause as of yet we ONLY know that Mamytwink got an invite and its strange to invite one small french website only
    to a press conference in germany when there are at least two fansites in germany that are biger as the french one
    (and both didnt get an invite)
    5.4 had Timeless Isle which was HUGELY REPEATABLE
    Nostalgica much... TI had ONE faction to rep and after that there was only grinding for alt gear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkentass View Post
    I'm sorry but you are wrong here. Mamytwink also talk about HearthStone and Heroes for exemple
    Press Conference will likely be about multiple Blizzard's titles, and there is no indication at all about it will only be WoW related
    Excuse me?

Release date on its own... nope, but I guess a lot of people will pee a little once Blizzard shows the cinematic for Legacy of the Void And I'm pretty certain they will show it along with the release date announcement, just like they did for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Excuse me?
    Why don't you read MMO-champions tab title sometime...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    But... If we assume no D3 announcement at Gamescom, we have to consider the fact that Blizzard IS holding a conference, i.e. they will announce something. What could it really be? Overwatch beta, TGT (HS expansion) cards and release date, some HotS content, LOTV release date + cinematic are pretty much the only things they can do outside of WoW, but are they enough to justify holding a conference? And this, my friend, is why we speculate on potential big WoW announcement.
    For all we know they could be announcing a new game. If I were to rank probable topics for a press conference at Gamescon I think I might put this one ahead of an expansion announcement for WoW. Both would be pretty far down the list. I'm thinking it's largely going to be about Overwatch.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

But on the other hand, why on earth would they show the LotV cinematic to fansites during a closed conference? It would make much more sense to have it revealed during a streamed event, either something unique or at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Excuse me?
    I went and looked at their twitch site to see what they had been playing. You probably would find it surprising to see that their last stream was nearly four hours of HotS and it looked as if they had been doing some Hearthstone streams recently.

I realize that actually looking at the site to see what they're doing might be thin evidence compared to a logo but there you go.

For all we know they could be announcing a new game. If I were to rank probable topics for a press conference at Gamescon I think I might put this one ahead of an expansion announcement for WoW. Both would be pretty far down the list. I'm thinking it's largely going to be about Overwatch.
    Well, having a conference all about Overwatch or mostly about Overwatch with some smaller stuff like the Monk for HotS and TGT release date + some cards is definetely one of the possibilities here.

But... a new game? Don't you think they'd much rather announce it at Blizzcon? With Cris Metzen shouting from the stage, getting series of nerdgasms and hyping people up? And the potential to have panels explaining the story and gameplay right away?

Also, a new title/IP at Gamescom means they would have 2 new franchises announced in less than a year... Somehow it doesn't seem likely to me. It's Blizzard we're talking about.

Deleted
    WoWHead talks about other blizzard games. MMO-C talks about other blizzard games. Mamytwink talks about other blizzard games.

It seems like a common concept to talk about other blizzard games on WoW focused fan sites.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It seems like a common concept to talk about other blizzard games on WoW focused fan sites.
    Haha, yeah Let's face it, a lot Blizzard customers play/watch more than one of their games

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went and looked at their twitch site to see what they had been playing. You probably would find it surprising to see that their last stream was nearly four hours of HotS and it looked as if they had been doing some Hearthstone streams recently.

I realize that actually looking at the site to see what they're doing might be thin evidence compared to a logo but there you go.
    well , they can't be streaming apexis grind all day
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    I think the bigger question is why WoW will be playable. It's not like jumping into Tanaan is a very fun experience for the uninitiated.
    Sorry but this is your stupidst comment ever after that logic it should never have been possible to play wow at a con...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    Expansion announcement or not, Blizzard sure does take up a lot of space at Gamescom:
    Thats the space you need to show off 6 ips at once and highlight ow and sc2 beta

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of them demoing 6.2 is hilarious.

If there's a WoW demo, it'll be new content. You can debate whether or not there will be one at all, but there's no way Blizzard is stupid enough to demo a patch that will be a month and a half old with very little demo-worthy content. Regardless if you like Tanaan Jungle (I do), it's not exactly great content to be demoing.