Headset Cables coil on themselves.

So.. I've had wired headsets for a while and always have this problem with headsets.
    I had a Razer Kraken and it coiled around on itself so bad it ended up breaking..
    Now my new headset is doing the exact same thing ;l

So I'm wondering is there any type of Cable sleeve that I can buy to wrap around the cable to keep it from coiling and curling in on itself?
    I found some online but they are much too big to just house 1 cable.

your problem is you bought a razer headset, they honestly only make good mice (i sure the the fanboys will love this comment) i replace my deathadder yearly (<3 bestbuy insurance ) but i have yet to find a better mice, as far as headsets go, unless your willing to break bread on a Astro a40 with mixamp your best choice is a logitech g35 about 60$ at bestbuy, no i wont work for them before you ask lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Birdtaco View Post
    your problem is you bought a razer headset, they honestly only make good mice (i sure the the fanboys will love this comment) i replace my deathadder yearly (<3 bestbuy insurance ) but i have yet to find a better mice, as far as headsets go, unless your willing to break bread on a Astro a40 with mixamp your best choice is a logitech g35 about 60$ at bestbuy, no i wont work for them before you ask lol...
    It's not only with Razers. Its any wired headset I buy ends up curling itself to death.

In the audiophile world, its common to buy headphones with detachable cables.

Coiled 3.5mm cable: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-C.../dp/B004SBBD1C

Might be worth a shot.

Hmm.. How are you using them? Are you putting them away after each time you use them?

Do you mean the cables after the splitter are coiled? Then you should be able to just spin it to uncoil it?
    Or are they coiled in opposite direction? Then you can just spin the headset through the loop that the splitter and your headset makes and it should uncoil itself.

I mean I've never really had any problems with any headset. But I do have a stand for my headphones, so essentially they stay in the same position always.

Why not just, take care of them? I think the last time I ever had that problem was when I was a kid, with my nintendo controllers.

I'd be willing to bet that you probably put them on, and when you take them off, sometimes they're facing the other way, so when you pick them up to put them on again, you have to turn it around so everything is on the right side.

If that's what you do, you need to unplug it(or spin it around to where it's how it should be) and get the loops and stuff out so it doesn't get any worse. It doesn't just magically happen, it's you that's doing it.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2015-08-19 at 04:30 AM.