Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Loremasters, how long did it take?

Hey!

As my guild is very quiet and I dont want to bother with PUG/LFR raiding (or changing guilds) and I am not that into PVP, I am thinking of going for The Loremaster achievement as I still love this game and I think doing an achievement like this would really just make me feel good (after all these years of playing WoW).

Well, actually, I started last night with Northern Barrens. To complete the goal I only (LOL) need to do Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Outland quests. That should be 1918 quests maximum (according to THIS guide). If I manage to do 100 quests per week it would take me just about 5 months.

If there is anyone who has already completed this journey, maybe you can give me some tips where to start and how to go about it? How long did it take you to complete? Would you say it was worth the grind?
    have been playing for eight years and starting to think that i will never truly quit

10+ Year Old Account
    1 day and you're done.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Deleted
    Two weeks, but I did mine before Cataclysm, when the Loremaster of Kalimdor and EK were insane.

I mostly did it via leveling alts so I never considered the time spent as time spent on the achievement completely.

Yeah I did mine pre-Cata as well, so pre-flight and got it done in a few days maybe a week total. At max level you will go fast.

It took me years. Has the requirement been lowered? I had "Seeker" long before I had Loremaster. And that was in Wrath.

You mean now, or when I did it? Cuz I did it pre-Cata when it was per-continent (for EK and Kal), and not per-zone, and not nearly so well-organized or linear, and pre-flight. It took me like two months? Maybe? And I wasn't even doing it hardcore. Now? Way faster, depending on how long you work at it, and how fast you are at questing, I'd say maybe a week or two. Maybe even faster.

Personally I'd start in either EK or Kalimdor, from the starting zones and work your way up. Get the easy ones out of the way first. When you start racking up the quests/achieves and seeing progress, it'll be easier to keep going. It's mostly just taking the time and being patient. So enh. It'd definitely a lot easier now, so you should be fine.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I did mine before Cataclysm, it took about a week of a couple hours a day, and I did it on a character with most of the quests already done, so not really a good measurement.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to do it too. For some reason i dont think you will take that long, you will probably manage to do a zone per day, maybe even more.

BUt i dont really know.

Deleted
    i havent done loremaster yet either, but i did sholazar basin achievement a few weeks back as i was there to start my orcales rep, and it took maybe half an hour? possibly less. so yeah, flying between zones and finding pesky hidden quests will be the most time consuming part id think, the rest should be doable in a couple days, depending how much time you have to spare

Damn, I should have mentioned that I probably got time to play about 3-5 hours per week.
    have been playing for eight years and starting to think that i will never truly quit

Assuming you go at the rate of one entire zone per day (1-2 hours), you should be able to clear the EK and Kalimdor in about a month each (2 total). Outland will be the hardest considering the antiquity of said content. After that, it should be all downhill from there, with each continent taking about a week to clear? Mind you, I haven't earned the achieve, but as a quest-junkie I frequently rerun zones for story, move, and nostalgia. I see this being about a three-four month endeavor.

Northrend is a really, really long expansion quest wise. The quests are straight forward, but there are just so many of them. The time spent running back and forth between objectives and gathering X of A will stack up pretty fast.

Vash'jr might actually take a full week given the lengthy nature of traveling through the zone, and the confusion that often occurs when one tries to find the quest objective on the Z-axis.

Dread Wastes is the last one to worry about, since the questions there requires you to grind rep to proceed. May want to do those dailies while your doing the lower level zones as well so you'll have them out of the way once you make your way to Pandaria.

Deleted
    I have always been close to finishing new lore master every expansion simply because I lvl up trough quest ing in the new zones. That way you possibly had 20 quests per zone left and it was easy. Being a boomkin helps IMMENSLY as you have insta flight, you can pick up stuff IN flightform, and starfall means you can land anywhere and just clear the area in a sec.

If you only have 3-5 hours to play a week though, it may take you a month or 4. (100 hours).
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-09-18 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    Hey!

As my guild is very quiet and I dont want to bother with PUG/LFR raiding (or changing guilds) and I am not that into PVP, I am thinking of going for The Loremaster achievement as I still love this game and I think doing an achievement like this would really just make me feel good (after all these years of playing WoW).

Well, actually, I started last night with Northern Barrens. To complete the goal I only (LOL) need to do Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Outland quests. That should be 1918 quests maximum (according to THIS guide). If I manage to do 100 quests per week it would take me just about 5 months.

If there is anyone who has already completed this journey, maybe you can give me some tips where to start and how to go about it? How long did it take you to complete? Would you say it was worth the grind?
    From what I've been told it's not really so bad now and pretty obtainable in a month or less. I don't know the exact time myself as mine was done pre-Cataclysm and I had to go hunt around all the zones to find out what I didn't do and figured out that whole mess.

Deleted
    I completed Loremaster before Cata launched. Took me a couple of days, and the reason I embarked on it was that my internet connection had gone unstable and didn't allow raiding; high latency and lots of random DC's. But I could still easily faceroll any Azeroth content as a lvl 80.

Once you gain the title, it remains, whether or not you complete the newer Loremaster achis; but understandably gaining it gets harder with each new expansion.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2015-09-18 at 07:58 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the longest part of doing loremaster when I did it was waiting for the respawns to be able to complete some of the required quests. Aside from that, you can do 2 zones in about an hour and possibly 3 zones if you just put your head down and start doing the quests.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I've been slowly chipping away at it myself, probably a zone per week. It's mind-numbingly boring.

Worst part is if you are really close to completing it and then faction change like I did. I went from being only a couple hundred away to being over 1,000 quests away due to certain zones being entirely reset.

Finish it before you faction change.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    Two weeks, but I did mine before Cataclysm, when the Loremaster of Kalimdor and EK were insane.
    I did the same thing, and it took longer than 2 weeks, mainly because finding out what remaining quests I could do in Kalimdor zones was time consuming.

It was so bad, I ended up doing the complete D1->D2 upgrade chain to eek out the last dozen or so quests. So many hateful memories of the silithus farming for that chain. It took 12 summons of those elemental dudes to get the correct fire guy, and it took 3 or 4 of the lesser guys to summon one of the medium guys. And I always seemed to have a dozen hoods and robes, but no mantles to make a summon.

Loremaster post-Cata is simple in comparison.

Considering you are only thinking about it, i assume you didnt get any loremaster acheivement yet, or only a few.... So i hope what i say will help.

(I am taking my time currently in doing the meta, only at Northrend now.... But it gets easier as you get up to speed.)

First of all, as someone suggested, start with the starting zones and work your way through each x-packs zones...

If you are Horde id suggest starting at EK and if Ally, go to Kalimdor... As it is harder. Then go to the next continent in line, and when you funish that, go to Outland.

Azaroth (EK and Kali) should really be easy, since there are not many quests that ask you to get a certain mob to certain hp... Which is kinda hard in high lvls.

Outland is imo the hardest because there are many quests that take you on a tour around the world.

Northrend is not so bad, just a massive amount of quests.

And cata, mop and wod are REALLY easy as the loremaster for them is just following a quest chain... Without the need to get a quest starter item drop or something annoying like that...

Bear in mind, many of the quests in Azaroth and in outland start by dropping a certain item from some mobs... So dont forget to loot and check your bags.

I usually do a whole zone per day... But it is very possible to do way more... 100 quests per week is pretty slow.... I would reccomend you do at least one whole zone at a time... Or something like 100 quests per day of loremastering.

Glhf mate!

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    Same here.