Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah, Daredevil alone has been enough to get me excited and I am really looking forward to exploring the new zones, diving into the lore and trying to make Nevermore. My ability to play Fractals and Raids will be a little hindered by work and other commitments but I hope to see them at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I am pretty excited for raids, impressed with the beta but the QQ on forums has already begun about timers and what not... blah blah make it easy so I can afk the fight etc.

If they nerf the fights or timers there will be no challenge and no point.

ANet needs to put legendary armor and any other exclusive reward from raids obtainable in other places so these people can just get the fuck on with their crybaby lives, I'm fine with an achievement and a title or something.

Gods forbid you actually need to pay attention for once to collect your reward.

INB4 ELITIST
    These raids are their "challenging end game content". I say they should remain challenging, unless the tuning is so absurd that it requires absolute min max class stacking or such (such as the one kill that featured 3 revs and 4 engs). Ironic coming from me, being I've mostly played ele.

Oh no, legendary items that can't be bought with a credit card. That actually makes them worthy of legendary status, imo. I'm totally fine with them being primarily as rewards for raid progression/completion, long as they don't ever offer a stat increase over ascended.

As someone who may not even bother with raiding in GW2, these details don't make me the least bit upset. I'm not everyone, though.

TL;DR: Less QQ more pew pew...or something.

I bought it and have no real idea what's in it because I just came back and my friend told me to buy it for raids. I mained an Ele and Tempest looks AWFUL. Now I main an Engi and don't really care for Hammer. Anyone mind filling me in with a short summary of why I should be stoked when all my new class stuff is tied to elite specs I don't care for?

Edit: Just read the wiki and didn't find anything to get overly hyped for outside of the Mastery system which itself is pretty light. Hoping there will be a ton of stuff to do and stuff for professions..
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-10-14 at 05:57 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I couldn't be more excited than I already am. I've been waiting for some new content to release ever since Season 2 of the Living World ended. It's been a looooong dry spell since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I bought it and have no real idea what's in it because I just came back and my friend told me to buy it for raids. I mained an Ele and Tempest looks AWFUL. Now I main an Engi and don't really care for Hammer. Anyone mind filling me in with a short summary of why I should be stoked when all my new class stuff is tied to elite specs I don't care for?

Edit: Just read the wiki and didn't find anything to get overly hyped for outside of the Mastery system which itself is pretty light. Hoping there will be a ton of stuff to do and stuff for professions..
    You don't have to use elite speculizations. They are basicly sub classes. I would try out other profession or the new one releasing but there is suppose to be 4 new zones
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Honestly think they had been kicking around all sorts of ideas for Tempest because elementalist (as it currently stands) is pretty damn good. "But if it's so good, where were they in the beta raid kills?" /shrug.

I've barely played engi (I have one at 80 but compared to other classes, I don't have near as many hours on it), but the whole scrapper thing makes sense for them. A proper melee weapon, that is. Funny enough, we eles thought tempest would get us the same thing (when it was datamined to show that main hand sword was to be the new weapon), but then a wild warhorn appeared.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Do you like playing the game? If so you get a crap ton of new content, a new horizontal progression system, and new instanced PvE if that's your thing. Not liking the new spec, b/c that's really all it is, is just arbitrary/subjective. If you enjoy the game already, they are adding more of it to continue enjoying.
    BAD WOLF

Extremely excited. Took a week off of work to play it. Can't wait to start playing my Reaper and Herald. Also leveled up a ranger so I can eventually play druid.

If it helps here's a consolidated listing of everything we know about for HoT, they have kept some details back so everything won't be spoiled. Things in Red are things which you can only access if you have HoT, which I suppose is beside the point for you since you bought it already, but it might be good to know

I'm ridiculously hyped, can't wait to start working on masteries. Also Mad King at the same time is going to be OMG

Deleted
    Bit worried about raid difficulty - not too impressed with how the first encounter was handled - but everything else has me excited.

Just hope they step away from '15 minute fight with a couple of 1-shot mechanics' and more towards 'long and mechanically complex fight that requires perfect co-ordination and teamwork' for the later fights. It is a first boss, after all. Call me crazy but a boss as mechanically complex as a WoW first boss that just takes 3x longer to beat and one-shots your raid every now and again doesn't sound like fun content. Sounds like Dark Souls 2's Ancient Dragon to me.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I'm sure they've got some better fights up their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Bit worried about raid difficulty - not too impressed with how the first encounter was handled - but everything else has me excited.

Just hope they step away from '15 minute fight with a couple of 1-shot mechanics' and more towards 'long and mechanically complex fight that requires perfect co-ordination and teamwork' for the later fights. It is a first boss, after all. Call me crazy but a boss as mechanically complex as a WoW first boss that just takes 3x longer to beat and one-shots your raid every now and again doesn't sound like fun content. Sounds like Dark Souls 2's Ancient Dragon to me.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I'm sure they've got some better fights up their sleeves.
    They definitely have better fights then just the first boss. A lot of the raid bosses in WoW dont require any kind of perfect coordination, although some do, a lot are labeled as either a "gear check" or "free loot". Some fights are obviously going to be harder than others but they definitely have better fights ready. I'd bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post

well Anet has now some top guilds giving them feedback in closed raid testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That one raid fight was harder than any fractal fight. A vast amount of players can run lvl 50 fractals, appropriate AR or not. Many BWE testers didn't even get to the second phase of the boss. I would say raids are challenging enough.

One fallacy I don't like is people who say something isn't challenging because x amount of people completed it or that an encounter must be be overtuned to be truly challenging. Requiring coordination and skill is fun but there is fine line between being challenging and monotonous.

Some of the criticism I see is akin to people who beg for 40 man WoW raids even though in reality those raids were pretty broken and the actual challenge came from bad game systems, not actual encounter design (only certain build/skills workingl

Very excited, although i'll most likely be doing Halloween stuff first.

Edit: Oh, and if you want, you should listen to the main theme to get hyped. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Yep, and those guilds are under NDA, so any "leaks" would end up in punishment for those envolved in the raid, i'm part of one of those guilds and asked who was in the testing and not even that info was able to be sent to me :/
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Another unknown feature in HoT that just got announced today during the Guild Chat livestream...

Guild Wars 2 Revolutionizes Targeting System in Heart of Thorns

I’m sure I wasn’t the only person who thought the new camera off-set options added in Guild Wars 2‘s latest patch made an odd addition to a tab-targeted game, and now we know why: coming in Heart of Thorns, the team at ArenaNet will introduce a massive addition of new options set to revolutionize the way the game is played, with options expanding to include the existing tab-targeting system, as well as soft-locking and a full on skill-shot only mode more akin to Skyrim than most MMOs, with other new game-changing targeting options to boot.

Initially, a tab-targeted game promising to add action targeting ranked pretty high on my personal skepticism metric. I expected something half baked and akin to The Secret World’s tacked on reticle mode, but after watching the full presentation (linked below), it didn’t take long for me to be converted to total believer status. When these changes are implemented, Guild Wars 2 will have one of the most robust and highly adaptable targeting systems on the market today.

More info in the link below.

http://www.mmo-central.com/2015/10/1...art-of-thorns/

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Another unknown feature in HoT that just got announced today during the Guild Chat livestream...

Guild Wars 2 Revolutionizes Targeting System in Heart of Thorns

I’m sure I wasn’t the only person who thought the new camera off-set options added in Guild Wars 2‘s latest patch made an odd addition to a tab-targeted game, and now we know why: coming in Heart of Thorns, the team at ArenaNet will introduce a massive addition of new options set to revolutionize the way the game is played, with options expanding to include the existing tab-targeting system, as well as soft-locking and a full on skill-shot only mode more akin to Skyrim than most MMOs, with other new game-changing targeting options to boot.

Initially, a tab-targeted game promising to add action targeting ranked pretty high on my personal skepticism metric. I expected something half baked and akin to The Secret World’s tacked on reticle mode, but after watching the full presentation (linked below), it didn’t take long for me to be converted to total believer status. When these changes are implemented, Guild Wars 2 will have one of the most robust and highly adaptable targeting systems on the market today.

More info in the link below.

http://www.mmo-central.com/2015/10/1...art-of-thorns/
    the dream it's real

IT'S REAL ITS HAPPENINGJ2O965U2094T6YUOIJ35OH2WWOUJ

EXCITEMENT

- - - Updated - - -

im watching the stream

whoever this joel guy is should be doing this more often

"Reaper is OP but it's being shipped like this so it must be ok"

lolololol

- - - Updated - - -

"I don't care about PvP"

i love you joel

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm so lazy so this ground target at feet is wonderful"

fucking love this man

- - - Updated - - -

GUYS

GUYS GUYS

the new leg staff shoots spectral birds as the projectile

Interesting camera/combat changes, seems to jive a bit more with the psuedo-action combat of the game.

"I didn't have a reason to say no so we got a dot"

this man lol

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm sorry bambi I killed your mother"

- - - Updated - - -

"I'll kill your entire family"

LOLOLOLOLOL WUUUTT

- - - Updated - - -

"Auto targeting has a lot o- oh hello"

Rubi step the fuck down

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm sorry dulfy"

this man breaks the 4th walls O.o

- - - Updated - - -

"I have no friends"

lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If it helps here's a consolidated listing of everything we know about for HoT, they have kept some details back so everything won't be spoiled. Things in Red are things which you can only access if you have HoT, which I suppose is beside the point for you since you bought it already, but it might be good to know

I'm ridiculously hyped, can't wait to start working on masteries. Also Mad King at the same time is going to be OMG
    I read it and it seems, well, it seems cool, but nothing that really gets me super overly excited. Mastery so far seems like the best bit, but I barely know much about it, so again, the excitement is low.

Granted, it's typically good to NOT go into something overly hyped and it turns out to be a piece of shit later on (case in point, WoW's current expansion that everyone got overhyped about), because at least you won't have psyched yourself up over nothing, but, idk, I just don't feel anything towards HoT really, and I hope that's not going to make it die off for me :\

Edit: At the end of the last page, someone posted this, and so far, the most exciting feature to me will be to move full speed in any direction. So... yeah.

Edit2:
    Engineers, who have long suffered usability issues with their grenade kit, will be able to enable instant ground targeting and the new Action Camera Mode in combination to simply hold down left click to repeatedly fire their first grenade skill at the reticle (this was demonstrated during the stream).
    Yeah k nvm I'm sold because I main Engineer and this is one of my biggest complaints.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-10-17 at 04:14 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.