Page 1 of 3
LastLast

EA doesn't have time or interest in making remakes or remasters.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...for-hd-remakes

Electronic Arts has little interest in re-releasing its old games, so don’t expect that Mass Effect Trilogy remake to release any time soon. When publishers release old games on new platforms, EA COO Peter Moore told IGN, “It feels like pushing stuff out because you’ve run out of ideas.”

Moore explained why EA isn’t into this approach to releasing games. “Remakes, because of who we are, and this broad portfolio of intellectual property...you add all that together, I don’t know where we find the time to do remakes,” Moore said. “We’re a company that just likes to push forward.”

Of course, Moore admitted, remakes are extremely convenient. “For a lot of companies, remakes are a way to drive revenue. It’s sub-cost, it’s an IP that’s there, you can remaster, and that’s great. We don’t do that here. I don’t think that’s ever been in our culture.”

EA’s COO also shared his thoughts on backward compatibility. “In the old days, backward compatibility was to convince your mom to buy the new console -- not that you were ever going to use it,” Moore said. “Once you got it? Those things went in the drawer, or on eBay.”

Of course, EA’s games will be accessible via Xbox One backward compatibility later this year -- which saves the company having to do what it doesn’t want to.

I agree with this, I'd rather see good new games than remakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I agree with this, I'd rather see good new games than remakes.
    It's EA, all they do is slap on new textures on a old game and call it a new game.

Deleted
    Pretty funny to see EA talking about running out of ideas. Oh look FIFA 2016 how fresh and new, keep pushing forward EA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id take a remastered Mass Effect Trilogy over Battlefield #74589

When u keep making Battlefield games u kinda run out of ideas
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    It's EA, all they do is slap on new textures on a old game and call it a new game.
    Imagine what a remake by their definiton would look like!

In general I agree with them on this, but it's pretty funny that it's EA saying it.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    “It feels like pushing stuff out because you’ve run out of ideas.”
    ... coming from a company infamous for pushing out same games each year with a different number on the end.

Priceless.

Considering EA is the devil id rather see their company sink than push out anything. but thats just me

That's what I was thinking as well. Their portfolio is almost entirely remakes and remasters.

You're probably right, but I still agree with the sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. Their portfolio is almost entirely remakes and remasters.
    Do we have a difference in definitions here? I think of Remakes is taking Age of Empire 1 and Pitfall and making them again. I see a remaster of taking a semi recent game like the Mass Effect series and adding in support like 4K resolution and some updated textures.

Putting out a new Battlefield every 18 months is no different than Activision and their Call of Duty every year. Though I do kinda wish they would Remaster Battlefield 1942

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

My turds have more creative ideas than EA. EA are to games what The Last Airbender and Dragonball Evolution are to movies. (Man that analogy sucked)

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So much this. There's enough hypocrisy in that statement of theirs to fuel several world governments' worth of politicians for a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    ... coming from a company infamous for pushing out same games each year with a different number on the end.

Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Pretty funny to see EA talking about running out of ideas. Oh look FIFA 2016 how fresh and new, keep pushing forward EA.
    Having a standing tradition of a Main IP that keeps the same pattern, does not equate to running out of ideas.

It is a concious financial model that is an easy target, because people get salty about it, yet it's the most sold things at the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    My turds have more creative ideas than EA. EA are to games what The Last Airbender and Dragonball Evolution are to movies. (Man that analogy sucked)
    Then the only reason EA can wipe their butt with money, and you can't, is because they actually lifted a finger, without any sense of creativity?

That's not a very favored position, sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    That game is as far from the original as it gets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Traditional line of games is not remakes nor remasters.

You can say what you want about their homogenity, but they are not remake or remasters, by definition.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    rofl...spoken by the company who makes minor tweaks to soccer, football, basketball, racing, sims, and hockey games and releases them every year.

Deleted
    Ok forget about the sports games, what new ideas have EA released in 2015?
    This isn't a rhetorical question, I actually don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    rofl...spoken by the company who makes minor tweaks to soccer, football, basketball, racing, sims, and hockey games and releases them every year.
    But.. But..but... It's a new number. It has to be a new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    If someone at work said how was your day, tell them "I killed a god damn DRAGON! How was your day? Not as cool as killing a DRAGON I bet!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    Rule #40: Under no circumstances look a resto druid in the eyes. They are easily scared away and may not ever come back.