Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Except Ben Carson is almost incapable of "shining" - the guy has as much personality as a chair.
    Does that mean at the next Republican conference Clint Eastwood is going to be talking to him like he did at the last one?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Does that mean at the next Republican conference Clint Eastwood is going to be talking to him like he did at the last one?
    I'm not sure what Clint Eastwood has to do with Carson's personality problems. You have seen Carson on television, right? Guy has no emotion except to look defeated before he even begins to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm making fun of a large segment of their base for being stupid. Making fun of people isn't a logical fallacy.
    Sorry for being off-topic.

When -you- decide that a group of people is stupid, and then you decide to attack that implied trait, rather than a particular argument, that is certainly a logical fallacy. This is no different than if I argue that any arguments from the left are invalid because leftists are lazy thieving moochers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Sorry for being off-topic.

When -you- decide that a group of people is stupid, and then you decide to attack that implied trait, rather than a particular argument, that is certainly a logical fallacy. This is no different than if I argue that any arguments from the left are invalid because leftists are lazy thieving moochers.
    Except I didn't use my claim that they're stupid as an argument against a policy they like. I said a policy (reflexively blaming the LIBERAL MEDIA to cover for weak answers) works because a large part of their base is stupid enough to allow it.

Very different.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm not sure what Clint Eastwood has to do with Carson's personality problems. You have seen Carson on television, right? Guy has no emotion except to look defeated before he even begins to speak.
    I was making fun of Clint Eastwood talking to a chair at the last Republican National Convention. It was a joke to continue on with your outlook on Carson. I agree that he is a moron that has said a lot of stupid things and yet people think he is as good as Trump because they think just like them.

That is why I was comparing the two. Clint Eastwood is getting senile in his old age and Carson is the chair in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Except I didn't use my claim that they're stupid as an argument against a policy they like. I said a policy (reflexively blaming the LIBERAL MEDIA to cover for weak answers) works because a large part of their base is stupid enough to allow it.

Very different.
    Both sides throw red meat to their bases. This doesn't inherently make those bases stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Both sides throw red meat to their bases. This doesn't inherently make those bases stupid.
    Yes, both sides throw red meat to their bases. And I didn't say the entire base was stupid. Just the ones who buy it.

I finally got to finish watching the debate, and I have to agree that CNBC and the moderators were absolute shit. But it wasn't because there was a liberal bias. Anyone claiming that there was a liberal bias obviously has no clue what CNBC is. It is a network that was created to be the fucking lapdog and propaganda wing of Wall Street. Hardly a bastion of the "liberal media". They even employ the guy whose rant inspired the fucking Tea Party (and he actually got to ask a few questions at the debate).

CNBC and the moderators were absolute shit because they asked moronic questions that it seemed like a 10-year-old would come up with, and they refused to hold candidates accountable to the rules of the debate. Right off the bat, John Kasich completely ignored the very first question of the debate, and none of the moderators held him accountable for it. They also let the candidates talk for however long they want. What's the point of having a time limit if you don't enforce it? Either be willing to talk over them when their time is up, or have an O'Reilly system in place where you cut their fucking mic.

CNBC is a piece of shit network and it should never be allowed to host another political debate. That's one thing I can agree with the RNC with, but for different reasons.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I was making fun of Clint Eastwood talking to a chair at the last Republican National Convention. It was a joke to continue on with your outlook on Carson. I agree that he is a moron that has said a lot of stupid things and yet people think he is as good as Trump because they think just like them.

That is why I was comparing the two. Clint Eastwood is getting senile in his old age and Carson is the chair in the video.
    Fuck, sorry. Totally didn't get it and I completely forgot about that Eastwood chair thing. Now that I get it, well done.